Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Freekill Marking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

I love jailbreak but it has some flaws for example: I love to be a really strict warden and give very specific orders and not pardon anyone. So this means I'll give orders like idk: Go to the red line and afk freeze facing the stairs and no taunting for the entire round or something. Now there's always some people that don't seem to listen and go to the yellow Lin instead of the red so I kill them right but if it's like 6 people which follow this one guy who didn't listen to the yellow line and I just kill em all I get market as a free killer which annoys the crap out of me because I have to go pardon myself while EVERYONE attacks me and it's just a pain also I've heard a lot of people complaining about how they got falsely banned by this system and I completely agree with them that this system is quite dumb and should be removed or massively changed.

Well this was me ranting about Freekill Marking I hope I wasted at least some of your time and I hope you agree.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Is the freekill marking useful?
Yes
Does it have flaws?
Yes
Is it fixable?
.... Maybe.

How to fix it tho.... well..
Maybe we could do something like
A Precentage of the server has to write down a command, if the precentage was reached the player will be pardoned.

OR, a vote list will appear when the player gets marked, the vote will say "Pardon (Player name/Warden)??"
Option 1 : No-vote (because of all the people who spam 1 all the time
Option 2 : No-vote
Option 3 : Yes, Pardon the (Warden/Player name)
Option 4 : No, Don't pardon the (Warden/Player name)

The vote time will be 60 seconds, which is how long it takes for the player to be banned.

If the warden disconnected while the vote is still in progress, he will automatically get banned for an hour or something ( or however long it is as default )
OR, his steam profile/ID or whatever will be posted in the chat, so if there was an admin on he can manually ban him from the web if the player didn't join the server again.
If the player was not pardoned he will be banned for 1/2 or 3/4 the original duration.

Oh, and most importantly, All players will be freezed and lose all their weapons for the duration of the vote.... okay maybe not but if you have a better idea please share it with us.

BTW how long is the ban if someone was automatically banned by the plug-in? just wondering.

Last edited:

Herobrine24

Truly Feared
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_enable - 1 - Enable the Freekill system: (1 = on, 0 = off)
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_seconds - 6.0 - Time in seconds minimum for freekill flag on mark: (1.0 - 60.0)
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_kills - 6 - Number of kills required to flag for freekilling: (1.0 - MaxPlayers)
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_wave - 60.0 - Time in seconds until client is banned for being marked: (1.0 Minimum)
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_action - 2 - Action towards marked freekiller: (2 = Ban client based on cvars, 1 = Slay the client, 0 = remove mark on timer)
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_ban_reason - You have been banned for freekilling. - Message to give the client if they're marked as a freekiller and banned.
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_ban_reason_dc - You have been banned for freekilling and disconnecting. - Message to give the client if they're marked as a freekiller/disconnected and banned.
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_duration - 60 - Time banned after timer ends: (0 = permanent)
  • sm_tf2jail_freekilling_duration_dc - 120 - Time banned if disconnected after timer ends: (0 = permanent)
https://github.com/Drixevel/TF2-Jailbreak/wiki/Console-variables

This can set sm_tf2jail_freekilling_enable to 0 when an admin is on and to 1 if there are no admins present.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1853472

Last edited:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Is the freekill marking useful?
Yes
Does it have flaws?
Yes
Is it fixable?
.... Maybe.

How to fix it tho.... well..
Maybe we could do something like
A Precentage of the server has to write down a command, if the precentage was reached the player will be pardoned.

OR, a vote list will appear when the player gets marked, the vote will say "Pardon (Player name/Warden)??"
Option 1 : No-vote (because of all the people who spam 1 all the time
Option 2 : No-vote
Option 3 : Yes, Pardon the (Warden/Player name)
Option 4 : No, Don't pardon the (Warden/Player name)

The vote time will be 60 seconds, which is how long it takes for the player to be banned.

If the warden disconnected while the vote is still in progress, he will automatically get banned for an hour or something ( or however long it is as default )
OR, his steam profile/ID or whatever will be posted in the chat, so if there was an admin on he can manually ban him from the web if the player didn't join the server again.
If the player was not pardoned he will be banned for 1/2 or 3/4 the original duration.

Oh, and most importantly, All players will be freezed and lose all their weapons for the duration of the vote.... okay maybe not but if you have a better idea please share it with us.

BTW how long is the ban if someone was automatically banned by the plug-in? just wondering.

It's 60 minutes I'm 99% sure but that voting thing isn't going to work mainly because if you are a really mean and strict warden like me people don't genuinely feel like pardoning you anymore, why would that be...
And also sometimes it's only 2 people that actually listen well and the rest of the people start spamming "FREEKILLER,FREEKILLER" and spamming stuff like "!voteban, !votekick, !admin, !calladmin" which than results into me trying to calm them done for 5 minutes while the 2 good people are waiting on the line.
So I'm not 100% sure if those people actually know that they did not listen well and it's not my fault but theirs...

So yeah don't think the voting system is all that good sorry...

welp I just realised you can't complain about something if you don't come up with an solution...

So yeah gtg think of one

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
It's 60 minutes I'm 99% sure but that voting thing isn't going to work mainly because if you are a really mean and strict warden like me people don't genuinely feel like pardoning you anymore, why would that be...
And also sometimes it's only 2 people that actually listen well and the rest of the people start spamming "FREEKILLER,FREEKILLER" and spamming stuff like "!voteban, !votekick, !admin, !calladmin" which than results into me trying to calm them done for 5 minutes while the 2 good people are waiting on the line.
So I'm not 100% sure if those people actually know that they did not listen well and it's not my fault but theirs...

So yeah don't think the voting system is all that good sorry...

welp I just realised you can't complain about something if you don't come up with an solution...

So yeah gtg think of one
Well shit xD good point tho.
Good luck thinking of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom