Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined free donor trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
it's 2 dollars....
If you want to try it out, spend 2 dollars.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The vote abuse would be unreal - anyhow this isn't Saigns where donating makes you an immortal deathmachine, so there's no need for any trials.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Terrible idea. Donator abuse would be rampant if it was a free trial every day and week and, like Alex said, it would defeat the purpose of donator.
If you want donated powers then you can just D O N A T E to get them. Plain n simple.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Come ooon guys, don't misunderstand him, ofc if we **Ever** make this thing real, we would make it so that the trialdonors would only have things that affect how they look like (e.g footprints), no vote mutes or gags or any of that nonsense, i think what he is trying to say is give people a chance to try out and see how or what the cosmetic side of the donors will look like.

oh and i know that since it's just 2 dollars it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but oh god you we are talking about tf2 here, people would think twice before ""Donating"" to a community to access the donor perks.

so with that said, idk if i should go on and agree or disagree with the idea, i just wanted to clear things up, or put it in a more reasonable manner. (Unless he really just wants it to have the mute and gag commands in that case hell no).

austinhines716

Somewhat Threatening
Come ooon guys, don't misunderstand him, ofc if we **Ever** make this thing real, we would make it so that the trialdonors would only have things that affect how they look like (e.g footprints), no vote mutes or gags or any of that nonsense, i think what he is trying to say is give people a chance to try out and see how or what the cosmetic side of the donors will look like.

oh and i know that since it's just 2 dollars it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but oh god you we are talking about tf2 here, people would think twice before ""Donating"" to a community to access the donor perks.

so with that said, idk if i should go on and agree or disagree with the idea, i just wanted to clear things up, or put it in a more reasonable manner. (Unless he really just wants it to have the mute and gag commands in that case hell no).
Oh ok if it is just those commands i'm fine with it

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Just to put it in a perspective. Do you want to have 15 small models running around on deathrun? Do you want to have pink colored people on 2fort or hightower with everyone's head resized? I don't think so.

austinhines716

Somewhat Threatening
I was about to comment that people should donate to get this stuff and not get it for free

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Just to put it in a perspective. Do you want to have 15 small models running around on deathrun? Do you want to have pink colored people on 2fort or hightower with everyone's head resized? I don't think so.

in my opinion we can just take all of the game breaking or... things that are similar to what you mentioned out of the trialdonor, and make it so that people will have a very limited access really.

Edit: we might even just make it a ""one"" time offer or whatever really, it doesn't have to be every day or week.

anyways gtg now. (I'M BACK!!!)

Last edited:

austinhines716

Somewhat Threatening
There are pros and cons to this but after thinking about it ima have to go with bad idea

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I don't think there is a point to it anymore then. You can have rainbow chat all day everyday weee -upsidedown-

austinhines716

Somewhat Threatening
in my opinion we can just take all of the game breaking or... things that are similar to what you mentioned out of the trialdonor, and make it so that people will have a very limited access really.
If we were to do this we shouldn't do 15 minutes a day but like a certain time period and you are done

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay, so the idea behind this is that people get a feel of what donor is like, before they donate.

Currently we have a lot of major issues. They will get access to voting, which could easily be abused. So we would need to remove those. We would also have to limit a bunch of other commands, such as !mm which has buster stated above that it would be irritating to have a bunch of small little models running around. Then we come to the whole resizing and colouring... which would also cause a bunch more problems. Then people can also trial it every day, or every week. Also another bad idea.

Another thing would be, is how would this work? For people to get these permissions, wouldn't the server need to be restarted, or a map chance to take place? So I don't even think it would be possible to do this.

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Okay, so the idea behind this is that people get a feel of what donor is like, before they donate.

Currently we have a lot of major issues. They will get access to voting, which could easily be abused. So we would need to remove those. We would also have to limit a bunch of other commands, such as !mm which has bene stated above that it would be irritating to have a bunch of small little models running around. Then we come to the whole resizing and colouring... which would also cause a bunch more problems. Then people can also trial it every day, or every week. Also another bad idea.

Another thing would be, is how would this work? For people to get these permissions, wouldn't the server need to be restarted, or a map chance to take place? So I don't even think it would be possible to do this.

did you even read the comments :D
ok, just wondering...
also, as bene stated above? wut.

it wouldn't be for everyday, it could be a one-time thing, and it will be very limited, the voting commands won't be on, only visual commands that aren't going to interfere with the game that much.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

did you even read the comments :D
ok, just wondering...
also, as bene stated above? wut.

it wouldn't be for everyday, it could be a one-time thing, and it will be very limited, the voting commands won't be on, only visual commands that aren't going to interfere with the game that much.

Yes - I elaborated on those points including my own personal opinion on the matter.
Meant buster, shh.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Ok, I understand that you @2010wolf | Blw.tf , want this to be a thing, so users can have a 24-hour free trial for donor, but so much can go wrong, exp. users abusing the hell out of !vote(s) and your claim to fix this is "no vote mutes or gags or any of that nonsense" which can work, but the abuse on !resizemyhead/hands and !mm on some server will be nuts! And !ccc, I don't want to visit a server with the chat looking like a rainbow. I know what you're thinking "make it for some servers" once again, the servers will be in chaos! And if users want to know what they're going to get, then just make a video of you or someone else demonstrating and explaining how individual command work. As of right now, I 100 percent agree with @Ben289 and @Buster

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Ok, I understand that you @2010wolf | Blw.tf , want this to be a thing, so users can have a 24-hour free trial for donor, but so much can go wrong, exp. users abusing the hell out of !vote(s) and your claim to fix this is "no vote mutes or gags or any of that nonsense" which can work, but the abuse on !resizemyhead/hands and !mm on some server will be nuts! And !ccc, I don't want to visit a server with the chat looking like a rainbow. I know what you're thinking "make it for some servers" once again, the servers will be in chaos!

When the hell did i say i want it to be 24-hours free trial? holy shit that idea alone made me cringe so hard.
Also i'm pretty sure i talked about how ""LIMITED"" we would make the trialdonors's commands or accessible stuff be...

then just make a video of you or someone else demonstrating and explaining how individual command work.

That isn't really that well thought of idea, cuz who the hell will set and watch the stuff you get as a donor? would be better if they just read it.

oh god, 24-hours free donor, **Shivers**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom