Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined felix the cat's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiality

Strange
User name: felix the cat

Name
felix the cat

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:447335988

Your DiscordID
felix the cat#8927

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
AUS | Duel
(a little of AUS | Highertower x100)

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I have been back and forward from TF2 community servers from time to time looking for one that was just right, and then I came across a Blackwonder server. Most of the community was very friendly with the very little amount of toxic players and I felt like I had come across a rare server. People were standing around, taunting, a few 1v1's here and there but it was mostly fun and games. So I started playing more and more when I fell absolutely in love with the server, enough that I grinded my way to the #1 spot in AUS Duel. Noticing that the server was moderately active, and I have not seen any staff on there so far, I am deciding to apply for it. I can be mature most of the time, however I do have mild anger issues and if mad enough, may act immature. I am

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Not really know as in friends or anything, but I have spoken to pogs from time to time for help.

When are you usually available to play?
Sometimes before 7:30, Usually after 3:30 AEST on weekdays, and all day on weekends (unless something is going on)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
If someone is mic spamming, I would give them a max of two warnings, then record a demo or anything using a rec software and then mute them for 6 hours, then a day, then a week, a month and if they still mic spam, perm.

If a person were to abuse written chat (such as advertising other servers) then I give them a warning, then if they do it again I would gag them in the same order and same amount of time as I would for a mic spammer, except the first time I would gag them for 3 hours. However if someone is advertising a hack (such as LMAObox) I would screenshot them advertising it and then I will permanently gag them at the beginning.

I would only ever use silence if someone is both abusing written chat and voice chat and they have been muted and gagged before once or twice without any warning because they would have been warned before being muted or gagged earlier in time. I would start off as a day, then week, month, perm.

I'd take action if someone were constantly posting inappropriate gifs, or just pics on walls, I would start off with a 1 day, again, 3 days, again a week, again a month, again perm. I honestly just hate people who post inappropriate things using the spray mechanic.

I would use the kick command after warning someone a maximum of 3 times for impersonating a staff, and if they rejoin and continue then I would lay down a silence in the order previously shown, and if they continue after that I would ban them in the order shown below.

I would only ever use the ban command if someone were breaking multiples rules at once, has already been banned but rejoined on an alt, has been kicked, gagged, muted, silenced multiple times before and then breaks a singular rule or if they are blatantly cheating with hard evidence (me recording it) I would ban them in this order. 1d, 7d, 1month, 3months, 1yr (they might change by this time), perm.

I would use the slay, smite, or explode command to warn someone in the situations shown above.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I know having a 13 year old as staff may sound stupid, but I just want a chance to try and prove myself as a worthy staff, and if I fail then I will have no complaints as that means I was not good enough.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? I know my basic Spanish, a little Japanese, I have forgotten most of my Chinese but I still know some, and the smallest of small amount of Indonesian.

audiality

Strange
Above in the "Why would you like to become a moderator?" section I wrote a typo and left a random "I am" at the end, sorry.

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Hello, felix the cat. I'll drop a review down below.

Your playtime is okay, standing at 18h. However, I would personally want to see some more playtime considering it will give you more experience and a greater sense of how the rules work.

You joined our discord last Tuesday but your last message was made almost a week ago. A good way to show your value is actively communicating with other people on the discord people and maybe getting to know a few more people who in the future, might support you.

however I do have mild anger issues and if mad enough, may act immature.
As an admin, your job is to handle situations and conflicts in a calm manner and give off a professional look by reason of you being a representative of this community. And whilst I do appreciate your honesty, I believe it may hinder you from administring in certain situations where composure is needed.

I will not go into detail regarding your punishment scaling but right of the bat, I noticed you do not seem to use the appropriate common punishment ladder. I suggest you take a look at other applications to view how they've structured their punishment scaling.

Lastly, I want to touch on some of your chatlogs which give off an impression, for me at least, that you maintain some form of immaturity. I am fine with people swearing over something like falling into a lava pit because then no one is involved. But when you start to attack someone else, it becomes an issue because you are promoting toxic behavior and for others to do the same.

Capture.PNG

Due to your small playtime and questionable behaviour, I do not believe you're ready yet to take on the position of a staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom