Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Factions Versus Towny

Pick a Plugin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
We're in the process of trying to decide on whether we should keep Factions or not and if we should try a different plugin Towny.
People complained about being raided, about bases being found, despite that being an aspect of Factions gameplay.

Towny is a more building orientated land claim plugin, more centred around communities over clans, without raiding.

Chubba

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
My honest opinion was never a big fan of factions so you already know what my vote goes to

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
Funnily enough when advanced enchants was still a thing before it had a dupe bug with it, there was a legendary enchantment that allows creative mode flight anywhere.

Though personally I kinda wanna suggest a/e again later once it patches its dupe bug

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
Also Towny just makes people more comfortable with playing on the server in general without risk of getting spawn camped or raided. Means spawn area is a viable place to be

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
I've never played Factions or Towny before, so this was my first experience with both.
My vote goes towards Towny.

I've grown pretty fond of /f warps, /f checkpoint, /f fly, and all the other commands that made transportation more convenient. I know /t spawn and /t outpost(idk) exist, and if that reduces warps to two, I can deal with it.

More people = More land to build on seems to be consistent. I got some friends back into the game by inviting them, but I would like to know if there's a way an individual can get more land claims instead of like..having friends and stuff.
also don't put your faction base near spawn?

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
I've never played Factions or Towny before, so this was my first experience with both.
My vote goes towards Towny.

I've grown pretty fond of /f warps, /f checkpoint, /f fly, and all the other commands that made transportation more convenient. I know /t spawn and /t outpost(idk) exist, and if that reduces warps to two, I can deal with it.

More people = More land to build on seems to be consistent. I got some friends back into the game by inviting them, but I would like to know if there's a way an individual can get more land claims instead of like..having friends and stuff.
also don't put your faction base near spawn?
Towny has a way of buying more claimblocks, we'll have to figure out how expensive this should be in the new economy system that would be introduced under towny.

Towny also has a fly command with a separate plugin, which could be added, but we'll have to see.

Towny also has not just 1 outpost but you can have multiple, so in essence you could still have multiple warps.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

As a note to follow on from what Lucas said, it *should* be limited to one, or multiple depending on town size, but that appears to not be working as a 1-man town can have multiple outposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom