Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Extend map vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Hao bout make vote gagging cost 25 credits

So wait
You created an account yesterday
Just to make a stupid suggestion
In a thread about a map extension option?
If you really, and I don't recommend doing so, want to show your suggestion to everyone, make a new thread in "suggestion".

And why the hell should I have to play for some time to gag a dude who is spamming?
Image a server is filled but almost nobody but a few new people. Then there comes Mr.LennyFace-Spammer420 and does his job. Now what they do? They want to gag him, but can't cause they don't have credits. They find the server bullshit and leave. Great.
Of course, people can still report the player by doing screenshots. But then people would have to first create an account here, fill out all information before posting it. By that time, the spamming is already over. And I also don't think that spamming should be punished by baning someone.
So, the idea itself is stupid.

Xentris

Unremarkable

Xentris

So wait
You created an account yesterday
Just to make a stupid suggestion
In a thread about a map extension option?
If you really, and I don't recommend doing so, want to show your suggestion to everyone, make a new thread in "suggestion".

And why the hell should I have to play for some time to gag a dude who is spamming?
Image a server is filled but almost nobody but a few new people. Then there comes Mr.LennyFace-Spammer420 and does his job. Now what they do? They want to gag him, but can't cause they don't have credits. They find the server bullshit and leave. Great.
Of course, people can still report the player by doing screenshots. But then people would have to first create an account here, fill out all information before posting it. By that time, the spamming is already over. And I also don't think that spamming should be punished by baning someone.
So, the idea itself is stupid.
It's not stupid when it solves problems

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
Thats true, but contracts give more then 25 credits by just completing them, around 100 or so last time I checked and you get credits by just playing. I've got alot more then 25 in a day before. And 25 can, if all honestly, be abused. It dosen't matter if it takes a long time to gain, its open to ANYONE, allowing ANYONE to use it, and allowing complete idiots the power to abuse it. Thats the problem... its like giving someone an inch and they take a mile.

EDIT: People also have the habit of blindly voting. Just saying.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin

It creates more problems as it solves.

What solves it? People have access to the gag command, but only if they spent some time on the server. They don't need the help of an admin to start a vote. They can now stop spammers in the chat without relying on admins and donors.

But problems do it create? In some cases, pleople won't be able to start a vote, and thus not be able to prevent to spammer from what he is doing. Reporting is a nice and good thing, but how to we punish him? Baning? Too harsh in my opinion. Gag him? Also not an option, since IF we gag/mute him for a few hours the nexdt time he joins a server, there might be the possibility that he HAS to write something but was prevented by the gag. Also, as Bass said, it's easily abusive. People tend to do that, as harsh as it sounds. We have agreed on a simple rule: Do not give the average player (too much) power. And access to the gag command is one of them. Because then people can completly silence someone, even if he did not do something wrong.

There is a reason there are admins: They are here to help you guys out on the servers if there are any problem which can't be solved by them. So, if you find yourself frequently on a server with many spammers, befriend some admins so you can tell them immediately when someone is spamming. That is the easiest solution in my opinion. And don't "there are never admins online when I need them" me. We have ENOUGH admins to almost cover every timezone. Heck, the only time there are few admins online are from arround (from my timezone) 4am to 9am. And there are STILL admins online, just very few.

Hope you can understand my reasoning. But I'm still open to discuss that topic if you want.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

+1 Don't know why we don't already have this. Just don't let players to play only one map forever. So if they vote "Extend the map" the first time, it shouldn't pop up in the next vote.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
+1 Don't know why we don't already have this. Just don't let players to play only one map forever. So if they vote "Extend the map" the first time, it shouldn't pop up in the next vote.

I also suggest that the extended time shouldn't exceed 15 minutes more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom