Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ELO System

stupid or not

• idk what u mean fam

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • i feel u bro

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

audiality

Strange
Now this is complete opinion, and if you disagree feel free to say so.

Keep in mind that I am #1 in points on the Blackwonder AUS | Duel Server this will be important for later.
I just think losing 40 points on a death to someone who is new is a little too much. Because someone could join and be great at the game, and then they could gain a high spot yes, but then your status would be shut down by a lot since you lose 40 points. I think that dying to a low ranked player or new person should lose 15-25 points depending on what other people think. They may still get rewarded maybe 25-30 points because killing a top ranked player should be rewarded that way. However making the player lose just under half a hundred points is a lot. Because you may not have that many points ahead of the people below you and if you suddenly start losing mad amounts of points to a new player who is good, or maybe even hacking. You could get your rank smashed down a lot just by this. And even when the hacker is banned, those points aren't coming back unless you can have hard evidence of the points you lost. Which scrolling through chat to screenshot every single death to said hacker would be annoying. And the amount of deaths you have could go past the amount you could scroll. This is just my opinion, I don't know if you think this is fair and feel free to chew me out for thinking I'm wrong.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
This goes against the point of TFStats which is to counter players at the top ranks from farming a huge sum of points so they can't be caught up to. It's part of the reason we switched from the old stats system that functioned more similarly to what you are suggesting, Players that care about the points won't care to spend several days of playtime to catch up to server veterans because it's not fun.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

If someone is hacking then report them. If you are continuously dying to a new player then you shouldn't be at the top of the leaderboard anyway, they should. Getting to the top is supposed to be hard and keeping that spot shouldn't be easy either otherwise it removes the meaning of being #1. If you deserve the #1 spot because you are a very good player and you play for long enough then you will achieve the #1 spot so losing 40 points for dying to a new player is perfectly reasonable.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom