Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted ElMateo's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMateo

Staff Member
User name: ElMateo

Name
ElMateo

Your Age

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:430911415

Your DiscordID
ElMateo#3253

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I managed and ran my own TF2 Server with friends (although the server was public and strangers would join sometimes). I'm very familiar with the admin commands, how to get to them and what they all do specifically.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
AUS Blackwonder Hightower | No Carts (This is the one I would like to moderate)
AUS Blackwonder 2Fort (Would also be willing to moderate)

Blackwonder Jailbreak (Played a lot of it a year ago, and i'm pretty familiar with the rules, although I would not like to moderate)
Blackwonder Dodgeball (Played a lot relatively recently, but I'm not very good at it)

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I love taking part in TF2 communities and keeping them safe and enjoyable for fellow players. In the past I've attempted to become admin on other servers but with no prevail. For the past few months I have been playing Australian Blackwonder servers, and I've grown pretty attached to some of the people that play. I've also had a lot more free time on my hands due to schoolwork being much easier than usual, and the fact that I'm at home 100% of the time now has lead me to want to become a member in the community.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Cyruim
Y3p

How often do you play TF2?
Whenever I'm not doing schoolwork I'm usually playing TF2, and because of the current pandemic, I've had a ton of time to sink into TF2. I currently have almost 3.4K hours on TF2, and I've been playing the game since the Blue Moon Update (So basically 2+ years). I would be available to moderate from 10am to 9:30pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time (+10GMT)) on Weekdays and from 11am to 11:30pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time (+10GMT)) on the weekend.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Alright, this is going to be a lot of text.

Hacking?(With proof that the user is hacking) Permaban

Advertising?1 hour Gag?Kick+12 hour Gag?1 day Gag? 7 day Gag?14 day Gag?1 month Gag?2 month
Gag?6 month Gag?1 year Gag?Permagag

Chat/Mic Spam? 30 minute Gag/Mute?Length of Gag/Mute increases by 1 hour per number of previous Chat/Mic Spam offences

Inappropriate language? Time of Gag/Mute of initial Mute/Gag may vary depending on the severity of the language?Length of Gag/Mute increases by 2 hour per number of previous Inappropriate Language offences

AFK?Move to spectate and if inactive for more than 12 hours kick

Spawn Camping?Warn?Slay?Kick + 2 hour Ban?4 hour Ban?1 day Ban? 7 day Ban?14 day Ban?1 month Ban?4 month Ban? 8 month Ban?1 year Ban?Permaban

Calladmin Abuse?(If the intention isn't sinister, I would warn them not to Calladmin Abuse again, and tell them to just !calladmin once)?(If the intention is sinister) 1 day Ban?7 day Ban?1 month Ban? Pernaban(There should be little tolerance for people abusing a feature such as !calladmin)

Impersonation of Admin?Kick + 1 day Mute/Gag?7 day Mute/Gag?14 day Mute/Gag?1 month Mute/Gag?4 month Mute/Gag?1 year Mute/Gag

NSFW Spray/Objector?Permanent Sprayban

Exploitation of Glitches?Warn?Slay?Kick + 2 hour Ban?12 hour ban?7 day ban?14 day ban? Permaban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Frogs are incredibly cool.
I also have a Duck Journal with 69 Duck EXP and a craft hat with a craft number of #42069.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Jotape

The King Of Brasil
Staff Member
Admin

jotape

Hello Sir. just a quick review..
Your punishment section looks great but you can change this one.
Impersonation of Admin?Kick + 1 day Ban?7 day Ban?14 day Ban?1 month Ban?4 month Ban?Permaban
You don't have to ban them, you can just mute/gag the player.

Have one ban.
1597326549927.png
And 2 admin comms
1597326591559.png

Session
1597326700524.png

Besides that your application and even your chatlogs looks fine to me. Wish you luck.

ElMateo

Staff Member
Alright so I edited the impersonation section so it's gag/mute instead of ban.

The ban that I got was just being with my friends while they were doing illegal stuff (My friend had his alt on spectate so he could see what everyone was doing while he was playing), and I just got banned through association.

The reason for the mutes are probably because of Soundpad, as that seems like the time when I first obtained it and foolishly used it on the server (That's my bad, I haven't used it on any server since because I've seen how annoying people can get with it).

Thank you for responding to my Application!

Last edited:

ElMateo

Staff Member
chat logs seem fine, just need to settle down the edge sometimes.
Yeah, I can credit most of the edgy things I said to being with the wrong kind of people. I was with a pretty edgy friend group but I left it earlier this year. I was looking at the chatlogs too, and I was cringing for almost all of it. I said so many unfunny things back then.

Many thanks for replying to my application!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Welcome to the team.
You will be moderating
► BlackWonder AUS | 2Fort ◄
► BlackWonder AUS | Hightower | No Carts ◄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)