Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Elcapast Silence Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elcapast

Mildly Menacing
User name: Elcapast

What is your type of punishment?
Silence

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID?
[U:1:282931194]

Who has punished you?
Gibus

Why were you punished?

Encouraging donor abuse

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Well I am one of the most active people on the server, I do try and help newer players and i also troll some newer players but for the most part I try and welcome them onto blackwonder.
But for the main point with me encouraging the abuse / I had was not trying too he was a other donor he did not know the commands so I tried to help him. I told him how to do it and at this point if he was gonna call a vote in my mind I know as a donor you need proof so he must have proof he has no mic. I did not plan for him to call a vote on a guy with a mic. I was not trying to get him in any trouble I was trying to help someone that i thought bought donor for the first time. I am fully sorry that I was trying to help him donor abuse that I was unaware of.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro Elcapast,

First off, here is a video that I put together with subtitles (for easier understanding).

From the events in the demo you can see that Gary typed !mute instead of !voteteamban or !votemute. You told him to type !votemute no mic, which could be seen as assisting, but you assisted him at the wrong time. You told him to voteteamban before 9, and the warden used his mic before then.
You then proceeded to tell gary in a slightly mocking tone that if the vote passes, he'd be donor abusing. The vote passes.

Sure, you might've been trying to help, but you told him to do it at the wrong time. You know that you shouldn't call votes before 9, yet you told him to.
You could've kept quiet or warned him not to before the vote got called and you would've not been punished.

The fact that you've been encouraging rulebreaking for a while doesn't help the fact. As mark said, you've been punished once before for such an action, and I"ve heard from many JB players that you do this regularly. I think you need some time to think about these actions.

I'll leave this open for a bit for other admins to leave their input.

Thanks for reading.

Elcapast

Mildly Menacing
I would like to add this , In the recording you can see I was trying to help. I after he the guy does use his mic i did say that is donor abuse because it was. I was not trying toget anyone in trouble here i just thought that he would have proof to call a vote from a past round or somthing.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I would like to add this , In the recording you can see I was trying to help. I after he the guy does use his mic i did say that is donor abuse because it was. I was not trying toget anyone in trouble here i just thought that he would have proof to call a vote from a past round or somthing.
You did try to help, but as I said, you helped at the wrong time. I see it as you teaching someone how to use a gun in front of a bank, and it's obvious that the person wants to rob the bank.
I'm not sure if you were *just* trying to help, because of your tone later on after the vote was called. Your tone of voice sounded mocking to me, as if you'd succeeded in what you were attempting to do.

As said before, your history also plays a role here. You were punished before, and you are known to "troll" newer and inexperienced people into rulebreaking.

I've discussed this with other admins and I'm going to decline this appeal on the basis that you probably knew what would happen and your history of doing similar acts. Thanks for reading.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Having discussed this in the admins Discord, I'm overturning this appeal, and have deleted your comms so they don't appear as previous blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom