Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined eggleg's Mute appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggleg

Strange
User name: eggleg

What is your type of punishment?
Mute

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:135003934

Who has punished you?
Soph

Why were you punished?
Racism ???

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I'm very clearly african and said i was when asked but I still got muted for "Racism" for saying "niggas who say arse" and talking to someone in chat about being called a nigger in australia and racism when I got muted with no warning. Went on the website and found no rule regarding it, the closest thing I found was Don't be Offensive which i was nowhere near by all regards. Even if there was a racism rule talking about my struggle as an african in australia doesnt even fit under racism. The muting as unannounced and unnoticed it took me asking Soph if i was muted to learn that 1 . i was muted and 2. the reason, which is obviously really annoying. I play this server everyday for hours and am part of the community, I still dont understand why i was banned and am genuinely angry for the ignorance from the moderator.

Cryptolyte

Uncharitable
Ok. So soph is a new mod, so you should be giving him a break there. I discussed the matter with him. But like I said, theres no written rule because it's up to staff on whether the person saying it should get punished

Quick note;
Screenshot_20200929-202706~2.png
Being offensive means that whatever is being said is being directed at someone or a group, you are very clearly referring to a group of people by saying it like that

Last edited:

eggleg

Strange
But how is that my fault, I get the whole discretion rule but I didn't know mods could just make their own rule.
Nothing I said was racist in any regard, it seems like Soph jumped the gun to try his new powers.
Both Andromeda and Crispy agreed what I said couldn't even be regarded racism
This mute is unfair and I know you know that. Why do I have to suffer because Soph is new.

eggleg

Strange
I speak in ebonics, when i say "niggas" it refers to someone not a black person. Everyone realised that instantly because its obvious. Not trying to be rude but thats really scraping the bottom of the barrel. If you don't want this to occur make a rule saying no racism or slurs like most gmod servers. I expressed myself how i speak and made sure not to offend anyone and I'm being punished without warning.

Sophisticated Scout

Unremarkable
Staff Member

scout

Aight lets clear up a few things

What is your type of punishment?
Mute
your punishment was a Gag, not a mute, your still free to use your microphone

I'm very clearly african
that's not a valid reason to be Ungagged, just cause your part of a certain race doesn't mean you can use Derogatory words on Black wonder servers.

Punishment for use of the N-word is subjective, its up to mods to decide what is and isn't appropriate, your constant use of it (reguardless of race) wasn't okay. Just the mention of it can make people feel very uncomfortable and will usually spark some reaction in chat.

I just want to make it clear that using the N-word in Black Wonder servers is a very sensitive topic and I would advise not using it at all, if you must discuss it then do so in a private manner that doesn't make players feel uncomfortable (direct message or in empty servers where everyone is clearly okay with it is fine) you don't go outside basically telling everyone about your problems with the N-word while clearly using it, its weird and makes everyone uncomfortable.

you provide no other reasons to be un-gagged besides what you've already told me, I see no reason to accept it.
it expires after a day and you still have access to your mic (which you have shown to be your main use of communication anyways)

don’t expect this to be accepted

Last edited:

eggleg

Strange
Aprove my replies so this is public please.
I can't use lr, and I still don't see how it's my fault it is clearly not a rule and if it was that was the furthest thing from it. I'm sorry for how i speak but a rule or even notice would've been suffice as you can never tell whos african, but there is no written word anywhere that what i said was wrong. My advice is make a No Racism rule and No Slur rule as that covers any use of it being racism or not and to Unmute me. This is not my fault and I had no way to prepare. I love this server i dont get why im being punished for something that isnt my fault.

eggleg

Strange
You are being unreasonable, you can clearly see i had no intent to be racist by any regard and not only did i have no reason to think this was a rule being that its not a rule.

Sophisticated Scout

Unremarkable
Staff Member

scout

my point still stands, regardless of a rule discussing something very sensitive in what is essentially public is generally a bad idea

I’m just doing my job, use of the n-word even if you don’t mean to be rude can still make people feel very uncomfortable, I’ve already discussed it and thought it out and I still stand by my decision.

in terms of rules I’ll take it up with devs but there’s nothing I can do about the rules if devs don’t want to change it

you provided no other reason to change this appeal.

Last edited:

eggleg

Strange
But the thing is it isnt a rule and you're being childish if you don't see the unreasonableness of this whole situation. I want to contribute like everyone else in this game, i cant do that gagged for something you can cleary see i never intended to do. you can see how I never intended to cause harm or any disrupt, i talked how i always talked because i was never told not to or even hinted towards, being punished straight away with no reason for something i never meaned to do.
if this is how you moderate your servers that very upsetting for one of the last fun servers on tf2 to have such a haphazard and unforgiving
moderation system....

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
You keep saying there is no rule forbidding "racism", but there is if you had read them.
1601386198887.png

(https://blackwonder.tf/wiki/tf2-rules/#2-do-not-be-offensive-to-other-users)
And yes, using racial slurs towards someone/a group is considered being offensive.

Both Andromeda and Crispy agreed what I said couldn't even be regarded racism
I get why you included this, but they are not staff, so they don't have a say on your appeal, just because they think what you did was okay.

1601386374947.png

Yes, it can be used as a friendly term as stated in the above picture, but as said by @Sophisticated Scout and this dictionary, many consider the word nigga just as offensive as nigger.

I agree that a warning would be appropriate in this situation, but the fact that you keep saying it isn't stated in the rules that you can't use racial slurs is just absurd and shows that you haven't fully understood that it's against the rules.

eggleg

Strange
I do entirely, I'm not saying what i said was above the rules, but what i really meant is that i had no reason to think so or to prepared to censor myself. and my bad i thought they were from the help chat.

Sophisticated Scout

Unremarkable
Staff Member

scout

egg leg it expires in a day and you still have access to your mic, if you insist on playing jailbreak and can’t warden effectively then just play red team, it essentially a sub punishment of the original one.

you can still play effectively on regular servers aswell.

don’t expect any more reply’s from me because at this point your just wasting staff time.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I glanced at your logs to see if this was just a one-off thing for you. It was not. You claim to be 19. I do not care about your background. You are on the internet in 2020 and there is no reason for you to believe these logs are acceptable.

1601387596107.png

1601387619622.png

1601387792903.png

Sophisticated Scout

Unremarkable
Staff Member

scout

Aright I need to go into evidence now.

besides what Snowace already provide at the start, there’s nothing else I can provide, the rest of your use was In VC

in retrospect it probably should have been a mute but the point still stands.

That pretty much covers evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom