Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Donor Using Mic While Dead (Jailbreak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen

Mildly Menacing

Poizen

Hey there. So a long time ago, Donors could use their mics when dead on Jailbreak servers, but sadly this was removed. This was by far the best reason to get Donor if you were active on JB, and i know many people who only got donor to have the ability to talk while dead. I suggest you guys bring this back, i realize that it was removed for a reason, but many people want it back and that if you are donor, you probably wouldn't attempt to get banned from the server you donated to (obviously with some exceptions). I also think that this is such a huge perk, that if it was brought back, many people would donate just for the sake of it, and honestly i would probably buy life time donor if this Perk was added back.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Why would you want to talk if you're dead? the only reasons i could think of are for ghosting, overtalking and making unnecessary comments about the game.

Poizen

Mildly Menacing

Poizen

Mainly to talk and chat with ur friend, what makes jb fun is having ur friends on, the main reason to use voice chat is to talk and just have fun with ur friends, and occasionally call out someone breaking the rules. This id how it was when it was a perk, people rarely ever ghosted with it, and when they did, they usually got vote muted.
I'm speaking from expirience, it wasn't absurd as much as it seems like it would

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I agree with Gibus, the potential for donor abuse is too high. Staff have the privilege of speaking while dead out of necessity, to clarify rules, mic check players, and give warnings in a timely manner. Donors aren't required to do the first one and can't do the last two in an official capacity. As such, imo they should not have the privilege of bypassing the global mute on dead players.

Poizen

Mildly Menacing

Poizen

Yes 10k I understand, but again, the potential is high, but speaking from experience, this rarely ever happened, I mean, most donors, who have payed for their perks, generally don't do something as basic and stupid as ghosting. And again, most people who use vc when dead is just to crack jokes and continue conversations that were already happening, and sometime even call out someone breaking rules.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Perfect example of a donor ghosting right here. I'll update as I locate more recent ones.

If there's a voice chat that only the dead can hear, that's all fine and dandy, but living and dead shouldn't be able to interact via voice.

Bear in mind that being a donator doesn't make you immune to punishment, but some people assume they are until they're proven wrong. Then they either understand, or get pissy about it.

Then again, it doesn't matter what part of the rule a donator is breaking. Doing something 'basic and stupid' as you put it, includes micspamming and being toxic, which happens all the time with new donators, or donators that don't give a shit about the rules.

Last edited:

Poizen

Mildly Menacing

Poizen

yes and when they do mic spam, ghost, and be toxic, they get punished.
Donors keep each other in check

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
Why would you want to talk if you're dead? the only reasons i could think of are for ghosting, overtalking and making unnecessary comments about the game.
They'd at least have something to do while dead other than wait for 10 hours for the game to start again. Also, if someone abuses their donor, people can just report it.

Sodium Chloride

Uncharitable

Ko He

Though I do agree that donors should be able to take while dead, there are many donors that are unfamiliar with the rules and often break rules such as mic spamming, ghosting and overtalking warden, this will most likely lead to chaos on jailbreak servers. Reporting, as PicklePicklePickle said, would most likely be inefficient as most reports take a few days to get accepted and will just bombard admins with more reports.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
Though I do agree that donors should be able to take while dead, there are many donors that are unfamiliar with the rules and often break rules such as mic spamming, ghosting and overtalking warden, this will most likely lead to chaos on jailbreak servers. Reporting, as PicklePicklePickle said, would most likely be inefficient as most reports take a few days to get accepted and will just bombard admins with more reports.
Yeah, this seems like it would cause more problems than it creates. It's too easy to abuse this perk so even though I personally like it I don't think it would be good to have on the server.
I have changed my vote to no

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Eh, I would vote yes but remove voice chat in spec or deaths. I am not sure about mic check... mainly it just for admin, however, it could be useful.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
I too agree with @Gibus, due to the possibility for abuse, specially with Ghosting. Plus Wardens have enough trouble with alive people talking over them, they don't need more dead people talking as well. If you want to "Talk With Friends" as you put it, what is wrong with using Discord?

Furthermore, as useful as calling out rule breakers is, this can be done without the need for voicechat.

(Edited to add the Pending Tag)

Poizen

Mildly Menacing

Poizen

I too agree with @Gibus, due to the possibility for abuse, specially with Ghosting. Plus Wardens have enough trouble with alive people talking over them, they don't need more dead people talking as well. If you want to "Talk With Friends" as you put it, what is wrong with using Discord?

Furthermore, as useful as calling out rule breakers is, this can be done without the need for voicechat.

(Edited to add the Pending Tag)
Yes i agree with that, but my main argument is that using vc or not wont stop someone from ghosting, same with calling out rule breaker in chat, people would do, and already do put it in chat, so if they are the type of person to ghost, they wouldnt let not using vc to stop them, and when this was a perk back then, it really wasnt as big as an issue as it seems, and when they did ghost, they were swiftly muted by other donors, or perhaps you can make it a Donoator+ thing (view my other thread for reference below)

Poizen

Mildly Menacing

Poizen

Robb that is a valid point, and i see how that is an issue, but i dont think an admin would go out of their way to go scroll through someone's chat logs just cause someone said they ghosted and didnt provide evidence, plus if i ghost someone afk, u wouldnt be able to tell that from chat logs, or if i ghost someone not actively rebelling.

Clipons (R.I.P Rick May)

Somewhat Threatening
Well I have mixed opinions on the topic. I don't think someone is willing to donate just to ghost and mic spam, and even if they did, people could easily tell who is doing the spam or ghost and post their name in the Forums, but the bad thing is it would take a long time to get them muted. So I think not having the permission to talk while dead with Donor because someone could just bring chaos.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Robb that is a valid point, and i see how that is an issue, but i dont think an admin would go out of their way to go scroll through someone's chat logs just cause someone said they ghosted and didnt provide evidence, plus if i ghost someone afk, u wouldnt be able to tell that from chat logs, or if i ghost someone not actively rebelling.
I have absolutely done that, and other players can easily do the same to report you. Not everyone record demos though

Poizen

Mildly Menacing

Poizen

alright i lose here, if you do actually do that then yes it is useful, but going back to my previous arguments, this was already a thing, and it wasnt even a problem back then, sure the occasional person did break the rules using it, but usually they got vote muted really fast, donors almost always keep each other in check, and again, the potential is high, but in reality, ghosting using it happened way less than expected, if this.

if this whole thing seems like too much for a donor, it might be possible to make it a donor+ perk as 40$ is a lot and not many people have it, and the people that do have will try to keep it as it is a considerable amount of money (thread for reference down below)

mehf

Somewhat Threatening

Nerd

Or for at least donor+. Then technically why would someone pay 40$ just to ghost then get banned?

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Or for at least donor+. Then technically why would someone pay 40$ just to ghost then get banned?

Regular donors abuse their 30 minute punishments every day.

People apply for mod knowing we will go through their logs, yet they continue to use strong racist language eve AFTER being warned on their own app.

Some people are the big dumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom