Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Donor features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastic

Strange
I have this nice idea of making a donor tag on the forums as well as a subforum for them which only they can access (as well as admins and mods of course)
This way donors can flex on the forums too! aand give forums more use for them instead of just in-game.

For example,
cNR4H1z.png
As you can see in the picture. In that area, a sub-category could be implemented with whatever name like, "Donors", Donors Lounge".
There we could have our private conversations with donors.

Of course, This sub-category may only be accessed with a donor forum tag,

Now, This is just my suggestion, And of course, I don't see a way someone can abuse it neither do I see a way of it being too overpowered.
Rather it is a fun feature to have.
-Mastic

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
a donor tag might be nice, but a separate category might be a bit overkill IMO. the forums is big enough as-is, and adding more categories is like making your pot bigger even though it isn't even half full.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Private donor subforums are a piss poor idea, they are implemented anywhere and 9 out of 10 of the sites with that make it so people can only stare at it. causing it to turn into the off topic subforum where no one ever does anything.

Then you have major sites like reddit that have an entire sub private for people who subscribe to whatever the equivalent of reddit donor or prime or whatever it is, and this would be the first time you even heard about such thing exist because no one can look at it unless they pay.

even 4chan has a board exclusive for people paying the subscription to donate every month and its dead

Mastic

Strange
a donor tag might be nice, but a separate category might be a bit overkill IMO. the forums is big enough as-is, and adding more categories is like making your pot bigger even though it isn't even half full.
Private donor subforums are a piss poor idea, they are implemented anywhere and 9 out of 10 of the sites with that make it so people can only stare at it. causing it to turn into the off topic subforum where no one ever does anything.

Then you have major sites like reddit that have an entire sub private for people who subscribe to whatever the equivalent of reddit donor or prime or whatever it is, and this would be the first time you even heard about such thing exist because no one can look at it unless they pay.

even 4chan has a board exclusive for people paying the subscription to donate every month and its dead
I'll be honest, I see no use for a donor only forum. It'll be dead
I see. This makes total sense ngl, I wasn't thinking about it that way.
Well then, I'll leave this suggestion to that.

If a donor tag is ever added, it'd be a nice addition to make the name sparkle. I've seen some communities do that and it looks really nice.
On the other hand why not really make a donor forum tag? It shouldn't have any special perms but a yellow colored name
which could probably be easily done with XenForo. I like the sparkly idea too^^

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
I'm not apposed to a donor tag as the discord has a custom name color for donors. Sounds like it would add some sparkle to the forums. But the donor only sub forums I'm gonna have to agree with Banan. its a bad idea and would be dead majority of the time. I don't see the purpose in it.

Mastic

Strange
Would it be better if like the name changed colors or something?
Well I'm not sure you could do that with XenForo (which is the forum software of this forum). But something that's worth flexing would honestly suffice.

So I'm guessing everyone is down for that kind of update. @Benedevil please make this happen <3

Last edited:

Oak

Gore-Spattered

I tried this a while ago, and since then I changed my mind about it also. I do not see the need for a donator tag on the forums for the same reasons said in this thread.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
closed this suggestion due to a large amount of downvotes, and there being a similar declined suggestion in @Oak's reply. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom