Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Donators getting voteban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Sufficiently Lethal

Delta

I think that the donators should get a voteban command, this would come in handy when there are no admins and there are mass free killers online, the ban should be at least 30 to 120 hours depending on the person, if the player is marked they should require no vote.
Post in the comments what you think of this.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
No, only admin should have to right to ban.
The problem with giving donators access to the ban commands is the same with giving a normal player access to a ban command:
It hurts to say, but people will most likely abuse that. Even if the community is nice, like here, there will always be player(s) who will abuse that they can ban people.
Imagine if someone with his 15+ friends play on our server, and some random guy joins, but they want to play alone. So they ban him.

One might now say: "But people can report false bans and punish the player(s) who did it".
Yes. We could. But that would mean extra work. Any why give us extra work, if you guys can just report him on the forum? That way we don't have to do the work of finding out whether the ban was right or wrong. We just have to look at the "evidence" and then decide if it's enough to ban someone or not.
Other problems are the lenghts of the ban. Should someone who spammed 3 times the same be banned as long as the one who haressed other players 3 hours long? There could be an option for the donator to choose the lenght, but most would only just choose the maximum.

Just get some screenshots, maybe even record a video and post it here. It's not that hard.
There is a reason why only admins have access to the ban command. Because we were trusted enough to handle the responsibility. Because our judgement of when someone should be banned is (mostly) correct.

We had the same discussion back in the old Operation-Panda Community, and it ended with not giving donators the ban command.
But I have to ask here: Do you guys have access to the kick command? And is there an automatic ban after 3 kicks?

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I think its irresponsible to give anyone besides admins the right to ban. Votekick is perfect for these situations. The best someone can do is take a screenshot and report or call an admin. :$

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Instead, the votekick could perhaps prevent the player from rejoining for, say, five minutes, as it does very little to deter the rulebreakers as of now.

Also, I don't trust most people. Myself I have recordings of every vote I've called to ensure nobody can complain.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Guaranteed to be abused.

Me, Ben, Sunny and our friends were able to control a pub by stacking an entire team, and vote kicking anyone who didn't go the class that we all were. Easily doable with a few people to sway the vote. And you want these bans to be in excess of a day?

If I joined a server and got troll votebanned for any amount of time by randomers, I wouldn't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom