Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Donater commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
I didn't really think of the authority donaters get until I donated. I realized the ability to voteslay/votekick freekillers helps prevents the server from getting wiped of people. But then I realized that it doesn't matter if they're determined to cause havoc. Earlier today I played JB and saw a bunch of freekillers in action, blowing reds to smithereens. Me and a friend started kicking them and it was a quick fix but then following round they would come back. I don't really understand the excitement of ruining someone else's enjoyment... Maybe its just satisfying. ( link to the thread with the freekiller situation -https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-against-cartman-approves-trade-tf-redmint-trade-tf-butterbean1.1915/ ) I was wondering if donaters could obtain the power to vote temp ban someone, for a small period of time ofc but enough time to make them lose interest in terrorizing the community's...folks lmao. Thank you for your consideration❤ be safe bby

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Probably not. Because almost every vote in tf2 gets through this can be abused easily.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Yep, it's already dangerous enough. Any donator can basically just ruin people's fun for 2€ until someone notices. Of course this is not the case but it could be and I think we rather play it safe.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Considering (And this is coming from a donator) that most players blindly press 1 to get the vote off their screen, this isn't a good idea. Anyone can pay $2 and have the power to temp ban? I understand that there is a problem with kicked people disconnecting then joining again, but I think a different solution is in order.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Considering (And this is coming from a donator) that most players blindly press 1 to get the vote off their screen, this isn't a good idea. Anyone can pay $2 and have the power to temp ban? I understand that there is a problem with kicked people disconnecting then joining again, but I think a different solution is in order.
Votebanning can't be the solution. People already votemute for no reason and even with the option yes being on position 2, there are a lot of false mutes.
If you can think of something that wouldn't give donators that much power, I'm more than glad to try to implement it

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

Votebanning can't be the solution. People already votemute for no reason and even with the option yes being on position 2, there are a lot of false mutes.
If you can think of something that wouldn't give donators that much power, I'm more than glad to try to implement it
How about once a person has been votekicked for the next 1 hour or so /votekick acts like /kick on that target giving the donator the power to kick the person again without a vote needing to pass? I don't know if it's still too powerful but it would work great for arena gamemodes that don't have respawn.

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
How about once a person has been votekicked for the next 1 hour or so /votekick acts like /kick on that target giving the donator the power to kick the person again without a vote needing to pass? I don't know if it's still too powerful but it would work great for arena gamemodes that don't have respawn.
Alright if you think it'll work there's no harm in trying, I just noticed this problem and wondered if there could be a solution. Thanks for your consideration on the situation(∩_∩).

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
Thanks for trying to work with meh, I just dislike that freekillers can get away with it if no one reports it. Maybe a system where it requires more then 1 donator to voteban, and once they both make their choice then they have to face the consequences that go along with their actions. Idk I'm kinda spit balling ideas to try to solve this problem.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Thanks for trying to work with meh, I just dislike that freekillers can get away with it if no one reports it. Maybe a system where it requires more then 1 donator to voteban, and once they both make their choice then they have to face the consequences that go along with their actions. Idk I'm kinda spit balling ideas to try to solve this problem.
The only problem with that is that a lot of people bought donator so they could solve these problems, and if they're the only donator on the server then they can't fix anything. This is just off the top of my head, but what about a system where only certain members (maybe members with more than 24 hours total on the servers?) can vote on these things? Again, just brainstorming here so haven't really looked over positives and negatives.

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
The only problem with that is that a lot of people bought donator so they could solve these problems, and if they're the only donator on the server then they can't fix anything. This is just off the top of my head, but what about a system where only certain members (maybe members with more than 24 hours total on the servers?) can vote on these things? Again, just brainstorming here so haven't really looked over positives and negatives.
I was thinking of that as well, I'll try to way the pros and con's for you.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Some people have enough with a kick to be warned. Others aren't, then record and report or call in an admin. Feel free to add me.
But to give them the power to ban for 24 hours, then they should aply for admin instead. But maybe half an hour ban for people who we know that wont abuse it (regulars with no bad background and donator for two weeks atleast and never abused once)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom