Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Dae's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dae

Strange

🦕

User name: Dae

Name
Chris

Your Age

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:39121134

Your DiscordID
Dae#1263

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
In the past I was Head Admin at TVC for near 3 years (2013-16) until it shut down due to the owner not having time to manage things, we had over 40 servers in total with many game modes and over 25 staff members.
It was a really loving "family vibe" community, I'm still friends with the NeO who accepted me into their community 7 years ago.

Currently I'm Senior Admin/Community Manager at a new, very early community called ANGEL.TF with 3 servers so far: Orange, JB, and Trade.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Dodgeball Advanced EU - 78.159.100.201:27060
Dogeball EU - 78.159.100.199:27030
[mainly playing advanced]

Why would you like to become a moderator?
My primary goal is always to ensure the quality time players have on the server, people often tend to steal/snipe or block fellow players using unfair tricks to get easy kills, which can ruin the overall experience one has playing dodgeball. (especially if they're new to the gamemode)
It'd be great if I could give them a warning as mod, on the spot when it happened, so they would know instantly what went wrong.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Daily 2-8 hours

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
General rules;

• Offensive behavior: Warning -> 1h silence -> 6h silence ->12h silence -> 1d silence -> 3d silence -> 1w silence -> perma silence
• Text/Voice Spam: Warning -> 1h mute/gag -> 6h mute/gag -> 12h mute/gag -> 1d mute/gag -> 3d mute/gag -> 1w mute/gag -> perma mute/gag
• Foreign Language in Voice Chat: Warning -> 1h mute-> 12h mute -> 1d mute -> 3d mute -> 1w mute -> 2w mute-> perma mute
• NSFW Sprays: Perma-spray ban
• Hacking/Cheating: Perma ban after recording evidence
• Exploits: Warning -> Kick -> 12h ban -> 24h ban -> 3d ban -> 1w ban -> 2w ban -> perma ban
• Advertising: Warning -> Perma silence
• Calling out an undercover admin: 1h silence -> 12h silence -> 1d silence -> 3d silence -> 1w silence -> perma silence
• !calladmin abuse: 1h gag-> 12h gag-> 1d gag-> 3d gag-> 1w gag-> 2w gag-> perma gag

Dodgeball rules;

• Stealing: Warning -> Slay and warn -> Kick -> 1h ban -> 6h ban ->12h ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 1w ban -> 2w ban -> perma ban
• Suicide while being rocket's target: Warning -> Kick -> 1h ban -> 6h ban -> 12h ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 1w ban -> 2w ban -> perma ban
• Orbiting for too long: Warning -> Slay -> Kick -> 1h ban -> 6h ban -> 12h ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 1w ban -> 2w ban -> perma ban
• Blocking: Warning -> Slay -> Kick -> 1h ban -> 6h -> 12h ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 1w ban -> 2w ban -> perma ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Every time I join the Advanced Db server atleast 2-3 people greet me, and it feels quite nice, always seeing the same familiar people on kinda reminds me of what we had going at The Viking Community so that's what made me want to join the Blw crew in the first place.
I have over 3.8k hours on TF2, and alot of experience with moderating via SourceMod commands.
Also, took a few years break from the game and now mostly interested in playing Dodgeball, so provided I get accepted it's possible that later I would submit to moderate other game servers aswell.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Hungarian [native language]

Last edited:

Squidmane™

Woomy!
Staff Member
Admin
When applying, please make your own punishment ladders and not plagiarise them from other applications.

application for reference:

J R

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member

JR

Hello Dae, do what Squidmane told you ^

I will add more important info

Why would you like to become a moderator?
My primary goal is always to ensure the quality time players have on the server, people often tend to steal/snipe or block fellow players using unfair tricks to get easy kills, which can ruin the overall experience one has playing dodgeball. (especially if they're new to the gamemode)
It'd be great if I could give them a warning as mod, on the spot when it happened, so they would know instantly what went wrong.

I understand your view of point but, what is for you unfair tricks, when i played, people steal when rocket are close to they and reach insane speeds., With these mode they can guarantee a kill even if its a steal,you should know the server kill who steal twice.

In conclusion there are 2 kinds of steal, 1 stay in the same place and airblast a fast rocket (not abuse of steal or inevitable when there are a lot of people), 2 moving around all the map trying to steal all the rockets of everyone.

The Second one is for me the real abuse steal and the new players are who do that the most, with that i just want give my opinion , you dont need to follow it , you are who choose what is steal or not.

In the case of Sniper i think its a involuntary action , even if you try to curve the rocket for hit as Sniper , you cant' blame who sniper , insted look if he got sniper because someone was behind he trying to teamkill.

Last , for my use CQC (Close Quarters Combat is a tactic where one player will close the distance with another, usually in a 1v1 situation ) is not consider block.

Extra info...
Commblocks / Excluding CONSOLElatest commblockBanslatest banSession (Dodgeball)
No
0No1 days, 17 hours, 15 minutes, 33 seconds

Dae

Strange

🦕

When applying, please make your own punishment ladders and not plagiarise them from other applications.

application for reference:
I've used it as a mere template to start from, not the exact punishments and so if it feels too simular it's because the rest that I didn't change are reasonable, fair punishments I would actually go by on each specific rule.

Last edited:

Dae

Strange

🦕

Hello Dae, do what Squidmane told you ^

I will add more important info

I understand your view of point but, what is for you unfair tricks, when i played, people steal when rocket are close to they and reach insane speeds., With these mode they can guarantee a kill even if its a steal,you should know the server kill who steal twice.

In conclusion there are 2 kinds of steal, 1 stay in the same place and airblast a fast rocket (not abuse of steal or inevitable when there are a lot of people), 2 moving around all the map trying to steal all the rockets of everyone.

The Second one is for me the real abuse steal and the new players are who do that the most, with that i just want give my opinion , you dont need to follow it , you are who choose what is steal or not.

In the case of Sniper i think its a involuntary action , even if you try to curve the rocket for hit as Sniper , you cant' blame who sniper , insted look if he got sniper because someone was behind he trying to teamkill.

Last , for my use CQC (Close Quarters Combat is a tactic where one player will close the distance with another, usually in a 1v1 situation ) is not consider block.

Extra info...
Commblocks / Excluding CONSOLElatest commblockBanslatest banSession (Dodgeball)
No
0No1 days, 17 hours, 15 minutes, 33 seconds
Server does kill upon multipe stealing in the same round, but if they just steal once each round it remains unpunished and they can play around the system getting kills with that one higher speed unexpected steal, and I wasn't talking about self defense steals when I said "to get easy kills".

For sniping you know its not entirely involuntary, like 70% of snipes happen accdientally but I was talking about the intentional foul plays.
And it can also be caused by your teammates, when a they keep standing behind you following around to make their rocket hit you instead.

CQC isn't blocking indeed, so I didn't mention CQC at all here, blocking is when someone phisically restrains the other team member from moving around, as in constantly and purposly bumping into one another.

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
Hello,

Your punishements are jumping too quickly, you start from 1 hour to 12 hours
Also how many warnings before you start acting?

Dae

Strange

🦕

Hello,

Your punishements are jumping too quickly, you start from 1 hour to 12 hours
Also how many warnings before you start acting?
It honestly depends on the situation and behaviour of the rule breaker, I tend to give several warnings if possible before having to enforce it.
You see there are only four rule cases where I jump to 12 hours and it's because in [exploit/foreign language] they would usually just continue it 6 hours later, and the [calling out undercover admin] or [abusing !calladmin system] is just making our services more difficult, so I believe 12 hours gag/silence is fair in their case.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I am curious why this is currently your name.
1597701557336.png

Dae

Strange

🦕

I am curious why this is currently your name. View attachment 20328
It's an inside joke because a month ago on non Blw servers multipe people got gagged and muted after a donator provoked them using the blast glitch exploit to his advantage. Wouldn't want to type the whole thing here but I see you've added me on discord so I can share details there. The staff basically discriminated people who spoke up about him favoring his donator buddy and being one sided about the situation, so that's how this inside meme born.
Edit: I've got chatlogs saved and a clip of the dono provoking with exploit so we could demote this admin for abusing, I'm gladly answering anyones questions on discord regarding the subject since I believe as long as I keep it real, you will come to understanding of my actions due to their unfair behavior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom