Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Con's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con

User name: Con

Name
Connie

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_U:1:869513608

Your DiscordID
Connie#7799

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I usually play BR | Jailbreak and i am very active there , my dream is to moderate and make it a better server to play and enjoy the gameplay. i also play on BR VSH , i just want to moderate on Jailbreak , which is the best Jailbreak server i've ever played.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I would like to become a moderator to help the server and the game to get better , i usually help people in real life like my friends. My main objective as moderator is to make everyone happy where they play everyday and make them proud of me , also be there when they need me. i've been really freekilled and that made me sad , but i'm not giving up on that server , i wanna make it a better place for all players/admins/moderators, etc. I suffered a lot when there was freekillers but no moderators or admins in the server , so i'm doing this application to make sure no one suffers free kills/mass-freekills/team-kills like i did.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Shadow Mario | blw.tf

When are you usually available to play?
I'm available to play everyday of the week/month or not if i get something necessary to do in real life

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
(JAILBREAK RULES)
I will first warn them (depending on what thing they do) and if they do it again i will MUTE/GAG , team-ban , slay , kick , ban , etc

Freekill : Warn > Slay > 1 day team-ban > 3 day team-ban > 1 week team-ban > 1 week and 4 days team-ban > perm-team-ban

Team-kill : Warn > Slay > 1 day team-ban > 3 days > 1 week > 1 week and 6 days > perm-team-ban

Spam or Micspam : Warn > 30m Mute/Gag > 1h > 5h >1 day > 5 days > perm-mute/gag

Mass-freekill : Warn > 3 days team-ban > 1 week and 2 days team-ban > 2 weeks team-ban > 3 weeks and 4 days team-ban > perm team-ban

No mic on blu : Warn > Perm-teamban

Talking during mic-check : Warn > mute of 30m > 1h30m > 3h > 1 day > 3 days

(GENERAL RULES)

Toxic/Racism : Warn > Gag/Mute of 30m > 1h > 3h > 1 day > 3 days > perm-gag/mute

Hack : Permanent Ban

Spray NSFW : Warn > Perm-Sprayban

Votedodge : 30m > 1h > 3h > 1 week > 1 month > perm-ban

Calladmin abuse : Ban for 1 day > 3d Ban > 1 week ban

Foreign language : Warn > perm mute

Pushniment evading : depends on how much he/she evades it.

Player/Moderator/Admin disrespect : Warn > 30m gag/mute > 1h > 3h > 1 day > 3 days > perm-mute/gag

Immature voice : Warn > Perm-teamban

Exploiting : Warn > Slay > Kick > 1d Ban > 3d Ban > Perm-ban

Revealing undercover staff : Warn > 1H Gag/mute / 3h / 1 day / 3 days / Perm-gag/mute

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I already sold a key to the storebot , and became a Donor , it expired a few days ago. i'm glad i didn't get my donor removed. which means i'm not an abuser? (also when i started playing i didn't have much things that i knew , so i got team-banned 1 or 2 times but it's old. i did read the rules and now i am better at playing and chatting).

Also any questions you can reply here and when i see it i will answer.

Last edited:

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
Hi con.

First of all, Thank you for applying

Keep in mind that Everything I say in this review is solely my opinion if you think I was wrong with anything I said please say so.

Important: Your Steam ID Is WRONG. Go there to get it.

When I saw your application for the first time, 2 things caught my attention:
First, your age and the fact that you have 0 experience
Being young isn't really a bad thing but coupled with the fact that you don't know how to manage a server let me think that you could be a bit immature

Of course you know the rules and all that but, acting as a mod requires a certain amount of maturity
Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying you are immature because first, I don't know you personally and i'm only judging you by your application.

But I can judge you on something else.
unknown.png

unknown.png

I think you can see what's wrong.

I don't really know how jailbreak works, so I won't say anything about that

As for the general rules, I would like to know how you would act on certain cases, like for example toxicity

Would you try to understand why this person is toxic before acting like you would:
Warn > Gag/Mute of 30m > 1h > 3h > 1 day > 3 days > perm-gag/mute

How would you react at first? would you act instantly?

As for the punishements, I feel like there is a big jump between 3 days and perm
I would add 1 week and 2 weeks before a permanent punishement

This caught my attention greatly:

Foreign language : Warn > perm mute
For me, this is too much
Why did you change your way of doing things for this in particular?
Why not just doing things monotonely?

And you do that again:
"Immature voice : Warn > Perm-teamban"

Seems pretty random to me, some of your punishements for certain cases make no sense, it seems like you didn't really think about certain things for I don't know the reason so Please review that.

And like I said, you jump from 3 days to Permanent which is too big of a jump in my opinion, I would add 1 and 2 weeks.

For now, My opinion is really bad, mostly because of the lack of maturity. I could be wrong on certain things so if you have something to tell me go ahead

Thank you for reading and good luck

Last edited:

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
Heyo Con,

Always nice to see some more people interested in moderating JB servers. Now, on to the review, which is purely based off the application and your behaviour as I haven't seen you in game. As for community involvement, you seem to have only joined the Discord and forums yesterday, which leads me to believe you have little to no contact with any staff other then Shadow Mario, which is a downside, but you can talk to staff and start conversations with them now that you are on forums and discord.
condiscord.PNG
conforums.PNG

You seem to have almost 16 days on BLW servers, which shows that you do play JB a lot and that's a good thing.
Connie.PNG

I won't go over chatlogs as it has been covered already, but from just skimming over it, you do seem a little immature, which is not ideal for an applicant as moderators will have to keep their cool while online as some players will start to question your methods, which leads to your punishment section.
Toxic/Racism : Warn > Gag/Mute of 30m > 1h > 3h > 1 day > 3 days > perm-gag/mute
I'm going to use this as an example for your punishment section as it seems to be your default ladder for punishing. You should think more on your punishment scaling as going from 3 days to a permanent punishment does seem too harsh. You should add 1 week > 2 week to your ladder at least.
Mass-freekill : Warn > 3 days team-ban > 1 week and 2 days team-ban > 2 weeks team-ban > 3 weeks and 4 days team-ban > perm team-ban
The punishment for Mass Freekill starts at 1 week teamban, then goes up the ladder. This also leads to another point I had, which seems to be the case for some of your other punishments is, the scaling on the punishment ladder seems random at times. Keep in mind that punishments are given using minutes, so keeping a consistent punishment ladder will be important.
Immature voice : Warn > Perm-teamban
This rule is outdated and is no longer a rule, but just going to say that, this would not lead to a teamban.

Overall, you should put more time into your application and rethink your punishment ladder. I think with your time put in on BLW, you'd make a good moderator after improving certain aspects of your application and behaviour

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Looking at your toxic chatlogs, there is no way we can trust you to enforce the server rules with any substantial level of professionalism. I do hope you continue to work on your demeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom