Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Cleaning up the JB rules

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
Theres alot of incoherent stuff in the rules and it contains alot of stuff which shouldn't be there (Like "No team killing" because thats not possible anymore) its such a small change but it'd be so much better for our eyes.

not to mention it putting stuff related to gameplay as if they are rules which they can be potentially punished by staff for. Its a confusing mess that definitely needs be rewritten.

For example, anything relating to gameplay should be listed as such. Putting it under the rules is confusing to people who read then.
They could get their own section below the rules giving more concise & short explanations instead of the overly long ones we have now.

The point is that in general, the rules relating to JB are a little too long, and need general changes like grammar & punctuation. There's so many examples of it I can't list them all but I hope one of the examples I pulled shows what I mean.

This might just encourage people to actually read them instead of half-assing it and just learning as they play (trust me everyone has done it at least once

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230203_225350_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230203_225350_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
It should be fixed, but in the event that plugin ends up breaking its still nice to have.
I was talking more so the rules in the rules page on this website, but those could be cleaned up too. I mean it as in how they are typed, I dont know what you mean by "that plugin ends up breaking its still nice to have."?

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I was talking more so the rules in the rules page on this website, but those could be cleaned up too. I mean it as in how they are typed, I dont know what you mean by "that plugin ends up breaking its still nice to have."?
In the event that the plugin that blocks FF between blues stops working, the entry in the rules page you mentioned will still have a use.
As for your suggestion in general, if you have any specific suggestions rather than just saying to clean up the rules, you may submit them.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
They could get their own section below the rules giving more concise & short explanations instead of the overly long ones we have now.
The main reason why they're so complex and long is due to smartasses over the years. Situations in JB are complex, and cause arguments to break out.
I do think it would be nice to have a "simplified rules" version, and then the proper dictionary-style rules that you can refer to when in doubt, or when in a specific situation.

general changes like grammar & punctuation.
if it's just grammar and punctuation, please do let me know. That's something that I can handle.

This might just encourage people to actually read them instead of half-assing it and just learning as they play
JB is a mess. It was never meant to be a gamemode in the first place, but a social experiment. It's difficult to balance enforcing rules so that rulebreakers don't ruin games and run rampant, but also not overcomplicating things, so as to not chase away potential new players.
If we oversimplified rules, the veterans would abuse the hell out of any loophole they could find.
If we made it too detailed, it might become unfun to play and learn.
It's a difficult balancing game.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom