Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Class wars healing bug/glitch/exploit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappjoe986767

Sometimes I'll see several players overhealed all the time without a medic being present. I'm not sure if this is a server problem or a tf2 glitch, the bug can occur on both teams, taking massive damage and walking it off like it's nothing, also this is not the effect of the Lucky Sandvich rtd, this bug can only give a player max overheal instead of 1000 health. I encountered this bug on SG servers, not sure if this happens on other servers.

Attachments

• lol1.PNG
    lol1.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 115
  • lol2.PNG
    lol2.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
  • lol3.PNG
    lol3.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 121

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
It can be a tf2 visual bug or it´s a Lucky sandvich or Vital rtd, that gives overheal after it runs out.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
It can be a tf2 visual bug or it´s a Lucky sandvich or Vital rtd, that gives overheal after it runs out.
I saw a vid of the exploit being used in requesthelp, this is closer to the infinite quick-fix glitch from days past.
Are the same people intentionally causing this to happen, or does it appear to be random?

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I saw a vid of the exploit being used in requesthelp, this is closer to the infinite quick-fix glitch from days past.
Are the same people intentionally causing this to happen, or does it appear to be random?
I believe it´s a visual glitch, because i saw same thing week ago and player after Lucky Sandvich effect was still having the medigun particle effect even after death, but he had normal max Hp.
It can also be just a rtd effect, like Vital that gives Medigun overheal effect when it runs out.
1647032337023.png

slappjoe986767

But look at the third picture, that player wasn't using any RTDs and he was still overhealed. I've never seen anyone attempt to cause this glitch to happen, it seems to happen randomly. I can also confidently say this isn't a visual glitch, after they take damage, they heal up very quickly.

Edit:
Here's a demo video recording of what it looks like in game

Attachments

• classwars.dem
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
But look at the third picture, that player wasn't using any RTDs and he was still overhealed. I've never seen anyone attempt to cause this glitch to happen, it seems to happen randomly. I can also confidently say this isn't a visual glitch, after they take damage, they heal up very quickly.

Edit:
Here's a demo video recording of what it looks like in game
can confirm, the demo proves that the person is constantly being healed like a medic is permanently attached to them.
It's not a visual glitch, he actually is healing his health, that others can damage.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Update: just experienced this bug second-hand. 3 of the 12 members on the team had this bug.
It seems like it has something to do with RTD.

Last edited:

slappjoe986767

While playing class wars today, I heard some players saying how the overheal bonus rtd from last round gave them that overheal bug, I'm not sure how it works because I just joined. Take this with a grain of salt.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
While playing class wars today, I heard some players saying how the overheal bonus rtd from last round gave them that overheal bug, I'm not sure how it works because I just joined. Take this with a grain of salt.
as good a point as any to work with. I'm doing some investigating and so far I barely have any leads.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I've played a bit of class wars, and here are my findings:
- it doesn't seem to be linked with RTDs, as I recieved the overheal bug after getting a completely irrelivant RTD:
1647164665816.png
- it's persistent through:
  • loadout swapping
  • team switching (including spectator)
  • persistent through rounds
essentially means that the bug won't fix itself until you disconnect and re-connect.
- The bug is like being healed - it heals you at the same rate as the medigun, and the same overheal level as the medigun.
- noclip seems to be affected by the bug - when having the overheal bug active, I had trouble moving through collisions like floors and walls. I'd lag back and forth, and wouldn't be able to move properly. After re-connecting, noclip worked fine again.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Bene has released a patch for this bug. After doing my own observations after the implementation, I can't see any more occurrences of the bug appearing.
The A-pose during humiliation time bug seems to have been fixed as well.

If these bugs appear again, please make a new thread and let me know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom