Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined ChingateTheHay-Ker's Ban appeal

Username: ChingateTheHay-Ker

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:15575832

Who has punished you?
Shade

Why were you punished?
donor abuse, prior

Why should we revoke your punishment?
The player I muted then gagged, The Semen Protector, was annoying the server through voice chat. Several people in the server asked how can we mute him so I initiated a mute vote. The vote overwhelmingly passed (over 75% yes votes, but can't remember the exact number). It's at this point after the votemute that the demo evidence started. In response to the gag, the player asked who initiated a votemute (tick 4300 in the demo). Two players, Krieg Death Korps Soldier and Jesus < Satan, asked Semen Protector to stop trying to get around the mute (tick 5450).

At tick 8500, Protector said "I would roast them if I knew who the **** they were", referring to the person who intiated the votemute. At tick 14000, Jesus > Satan tried to initiate a votegag command, but I don't think he had access to that command. Since it was attemped, I started a votemute. It passed with 81% yes votes.

In my opinion this was not abuse. It was requested by more than one person and the votes are evidence that the majority of the players on the server agreed that it was annoying.

Also, the prior ban from August of last year was inappropriate and should not be taken into consideration. My appeal was upheld and the ban lifted.

I respectfully request that this ban be removed for the reasons stated above.

Shades

Staff Member
Admin
Alrighty, I am not too worried about the vote mute as I joined when the vote succeeded so I do not know what happened there. I am concerned about the vote gag.

In response to the gag, the player asked who initiated a votemute (tick 4300 in the demo). Two players, Krieg Death Korps Soldier and Jesus < Satan, asked Semen Protector to stop trying to get around the mute (tick 5450).

At tick 8500, Protector said "I would roast them if I knew who the **** they were", referring to the person who intiated the votemute. At tick 14000, Jesus > Satan tried to initiate a votegag command, but I don't think he had access to that command. Since it was attemped, I started a votemute. It passed with 81% yes votes.
If the player is causing trouble in voice chat and attempting to avoid the comm block the best thing to do would be to do a !calladmin if no ones comes submit a report with evidence. Initiating a vote gag for a player that is doing things in voice does not make a lot of sense to me.

Your reasoning for the gag was "voice and text spam" looking at the players chat log history there does not appear to be any spam (player only sent 19 messages day of the gag) and or anything that is remotely worth a gag. It appears that you wanted to add the gag for seemingly no reason. Only thing I could think of is you accidentally initiating the wrong comm block but, even then it says "text spam" in your reason and that did not occur.

Your vote mute reason I find a bit unclear "annoying spam in chat". Is this voice chat or text chat? Appears to be text chat the way I am reading it.

I will let another staff member look at the appeal before anything goes further.

1654297768662.png

Demo:

Attachments

• quentindonor.dem
    28.9 MB · Views: 44

Shades

Staff Member
Admin
Doesn't appear to be any further input from staff members, I am going to be declining this appeal based off of the gag that was issued on the player. Just because two people in the server want to gag someone does not mean that you should do it, you should see if the player is doing things that are worth a gag and do not make up reasons to make it seem legitimate. Note that if something like this happens again the punishment will be harsher.

Ban should have ~1 day left on it.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom