Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted ChingateTheHay-Ker's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: ChingateTheHay-Ker

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:15575832

Who has punished you?
10000 Cold Knights

Why were you punished?
I have absolutely no idea. The stated reason was donor abuse. Nobody talked to me or complained to me about my actions while I was in the server.

Why should we revoke your punishment?
First tell me what specifically I was banned for. The ban is for one day, but I deserve to know the exact reason.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Votes called by this user.
Justified or no, you need to have more concise vote reasons. Almost all of them are either you calling someone annoying or insulting them in some way. Aside from just making you look petty, it also gives off the impression that you're calling undeserved votes.
As you said yourself, the ban is only for one day. If you're a bit more calm with your command usage I don't think anything further needs to happen here.

Thank you for your reply. I'd like to fill in some blanks here.

Before I call for a votemute, I first ask in chat for the spammer to stop. If that doesn't work I'll ask if other players want me to call a votemute. If I get no response, then I leave it alone. If several people respond saying they would like a votemute, then I call for one.

If I call someone annoying in the reasons, then it's because they are being very annoying in voice chat. I do not unilaterally start a votemute. The vast majority of the votemutes I've called have passed so that should be an indication that many other people felt the same way I did.

It sounds like you've based your decision to ban me solely on the reasons in each votemute. In doing so I feel you're missing important context. Every vote I called was justified and I've been thanked numerous times for calling it.

I would request that in the future before you take such action, you seek to understand the context to get a clearer picture of the situation and, if possible, reach out with a friendly warning. Having said that, I'll restrict my reasons to the facts. I will continue to call for votemutes when the situation justifies it.

Thanks for listening.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Before I call for a votemute, I first ask in chat for the spammer to stop. If that doesn't work I'll ask if other players want me to call a votemute. If I get no response, then I leave it alone. If several people respond saying they would like a votemute, then I call for one.

If I call someone annoying in the reasons, then it's because they are being very annoying in voice chat. I do not unilaterally start a votemute. The vast majority of the votemutes I've called have passed so that should be an indication that many other people felt the same way I did.
I had a feeling this was the case, which is why I didn't opt for a harsher punishment.
It sounds like you've based your decision to ban me solely on the reasons in each votemute. In doing so I feel you're missing important context. Every vote I called was justified and I've been thanked numerous times for calling it.
On the contrary, I do believe the vote's were called for legitimate reasons. However, while a gag vote can be verified with a quick sweep of the player's logs, there's no way to objectively verify the validity of a votemute unless someone present records the event. Obviously we don't require donors to do this, but because of this it's important to have clear vote reasons, that way even the illusion that you're abusing doesn't exist.
Having said that, I'll restrict my reasons to the facts. I will continue to call for votemutes when the situation justifies it.
If you're willing to do that, I don't see any reason why this ban has to stay up. Accepted, have a good day and thank you for being considerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom