Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben.

Unremarkable
Well, as the title says most of it today i wanted to spark up a conversation about an ongoing issue in not only this community but the tf2 community as a whole...Basically i feel that we should have a better report system in place. Possibly a system that allows pepole with not many hours on tf2 gives out a warning to admins nearby when that player is doing very good on score or being suspicious in general...It would cutback on a lot of cheating in the community and in turn make the community a more enjoyable place...Also, Maybe we can implement mac address banning instead of just ip? Because there are ways around an ip ban (not posting here to be safe) but we need more barriers for that as well. I was thinking maybe a GUID ban? Just leave your opinions and whatnot below i would like to hear what the community has to say about this...

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

There is no easy way to check how many hours someone has in Team Fortress 2. A system like that would also be incorrect a lot of the times and would call you late since they already have high scores and you would be lucky if an admin would come considering how few we have.
MAC addresses can be manipulated like anything else on a PC. I'm also not sure that you could get that information. This would also require to edit Sourcebans++ which is something that probably no one wants to do.

Ben.

Unremarkable
Ah true it just sucks to see immature cheaters in the community...I guess its easyer said than done haha...

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
MAC addresses are easier to change than an IP or Steam ID. Also they are not obtainable through SourceMod. It's not at a hardware level.

I think what you're looking for is calling admin, or psay. Use @message in the team chat to message admins on the server privately.

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

I heard there is one way to almost get rid of cheaters 100%. But this also includes all other cosmetic-based scripts. Something with sv_pure iirc.

Not sure if this is true or not. But if we were to use it, we couldn't use any custom plugins, or any other fancy server-side stuff. It wouldn't allow edited files, I think.
This wouldn't be viable for us, but it would for someone with vanilla tf2 servers.

Ben.

Unremarkable
MAC addresses are easier to change than an IP or Steam ID. Also they are not obtainable through SourceMod. It's not at a hardware level.

I think what you're looking for is calling admin, or psay. Use @message in the team chat to message admins on the server privately.

Yep its just sad to see people cheat and gain an advantage against everyone haha well thanks for sharing i will keep that in mind... I guess its easy said than done haha...

Ben.

Unremarkable
I heard there is one way to almost get rid of cheaters 100%. But this also includes all other cosmetic-based scripts. Something with sv_pure iirc.

Not sure if this is true or not. But if we were to use it, we couldn't use any custom plugins, or any other fancy server-side stuff. It wouldn't allow edited files, I think.
This wouldn't be viable for us, but it would for someone with vanilla tf2 servers.

Ya pure prevents players from changing things like cloak noises and wall materials (obviously abuse-prone) so i guess in a since it would be good but also they have plenty of scripts that bypass this entirely rendering it useless. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom