Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
I was just wondering, since I don't know too much about this kind of thing... How do you get a server like this to be vac secured or have anti-cheat?

On the bhop servers, there are tons of strafe hackers. I have even commited to telling one of my good friends, ice every time there is a hacker on. He deletes times and bans people - cheers to him.

Anyways, is there anyway that we could make it a lot more secure and have less cheaters? I would be all aobut that life.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
What do you think admins are for? There sure are third-party anti cheat systems like SMAC. But apparently it's pretty outdated.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
The server itself is VAC protected, yet most of the tools are not detected by VAC. I've installed a recent version of SMAC, but all the tools that I've seen that offer strafe hacks, have been made undetectable by SMAC. As to my knowledge there is also no public standalone anti strafe hack plugin out there, but many timer plugins have it intigrated. Sadly CKSurf doesn't

Ice

Enemy of this Community

aaa

I was just wondering, since I don't know too much about this kind of thing... How do you get a server like this to be vac secured or have anti-cheat?

On the bhop servers, there are tons of strafe hackers. I have even commited to telling one of my good friends, ice every time there is a hacker on. He deletes times and bans people - cheers to him.

Anyways, is there anyway that we could make it a lot more secure and have less cheaters? I would be all aobut that life.
Melonious, I have deleted all the cheated times but the bot still shows the hackers. This is a timer problem and there are no cheated times.

Ice

Enemy of this Community

aaa

The server itself is VAC protected, yet most of the tools are not detected by VAC. I've installed a recent version of SMAC, but all the tools that I've seen that offer strafe hacks, have been made undetectable by SMAC. As to my knowledge there is also no public standalone anti strafe hack plugin out there, but many timer plugins have it intigrated. Sadly CKSurf doesn't
Do you think we should change the timer? If we do to eliminate hackers everyone on the server has to redo there time. When I was deleting times I accidentally deleted all my times(don't ask how) but me having to rerun all the maps its a pain in the butt to get my server records back. Also since I'm one of three admins that zone maps, the other two being Benedevil and ReigN, I don't want to go through and rezone the maps.

Rival

im fine if the bots still show the cheated runs as long as the record isnt the cheated one. i agree with what ice was saying with the whole redoing the times thing, that would be a pain. i think the timer is fine for now but could use a spruce up in the future.

Ice

Enemy of this Community

aaa

Just one more thing Blackwonder. If we do get a new timer that allows us to get new styles that people want but once again we have to reset the timers and I think we should wait to get more admins so zoning will go quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom