Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined ChairsWithWheels's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: ChairsWithWheels

Name
ChairsWithWheels

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

(Edit for real STEAMID)
Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:96938596

Your DiscordID
ChairsWithWheels#6532

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play on all three kinds of dodgeball servers, Easy, Wave, and Advanced. Mostly always the ones that are based in NY and lower ping servers on the East Coast.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I play on these servers a good amount, and I very much enjoy dodgeball. Hell, I'm sure 95% of my time on pyro is from playing dodgeball. I enjoy these servers as they are a good community and I rarely see any admins playing. So I would like to help that if at all possible.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Meatshield. The first time I played dodgeball on Blackwonder I had met Meatshield. And will talk on some occasions as I have them on my friends list.

How often do you play TF2?
I have 36.2 hours logged in the past two weeks. I work 10 hours a day but when I get home I'm usually always on TF2.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate

(Edit for punishment ladder)

Dodgeball Specific Rules / General Rules

Cheating - Ruins fun for everyone, Record evidence, permanent ban

!calladmin Abuse
- This is no excuse to be used improperly. One day ban >> One week ban >> Permanent ban

Toxicity between players / General toxicity
- Even "friendly" toxicity. Warning >> One hour gag / mute >> One day gag / mute >> One week gag/mute >> Two week gag/mute >> One month gag/mute >> Permanent gag/mute

Mic spam
- I believe the people know what they want. !votemute >> One hour gag / mute >> One day gag/mute >> One week gag / mute >> One month gag/mute >> Perm gag / mute

Stealing rockets
- If in a near death moment, acceptable. However repeated occurrences of blatantly doing this is not warranted. Slay (If autoslay does not take care of it) >> Kick >> One Hour Ban >> One day ban >> One week ban >> One month ban >> Two month ban >> Permanent ban

Delaying game - Normal orbiting is acceptable of course. However extensive orbiting resulting in a large delay of the game is no fun. !voteslay >> Kick >> One hour ban >> One day ban >> Two day ban >> One week ban >> Permanent ban

Close Quarter Combat (CQC) - This one has a very bold line of good and bad. Intentionally CQCing people who have made it very clear that they dislike it or are trying to avoid it must be made apparent. Warn >> Slay >> Kick >> One day ban >> Two day ban >> One week ban >> One month ban >> Permanent ban

Body-blocking - Some people will intentionally do this. Kick >> One hour ban >> One day ban >> Two day ban >> One week ban >> Two week ban >> Permanent ban

Advertising Cheats/Hacks - Permanent gag/mute

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I have never moderated a TF2 server, however, I understand the dodgeball servers and the community that plays on them and how I would like to become a helping hand in moderation of them.

I do ask that if this application does get accepted, that I get some formal training on commands and also the proper steps of how to properly punish players when it comes down to it.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:
Okay thanks, I'll look into that. I realized after I submitted my application that it did look a bit lacking compared to previously accepted apps.

Would I need to create a new application? Or could I amend onto this one?

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
Hiya Chairs

I would suggest revisit the "How To Write A Moderator Application" as your application is lacking in certain areas of information. I also would highly recommend looking into to prior accepted applications to gain some insight on your own, but be aware that Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

Your SteamID2
This would be your steam ID2 : STEAM_0:1:96938596

2. Does have enough days recorded which is good
1612467632449.png

3. On record
Bans = 0
Mutes & Gags = 0

4. You're missing punishments pertaining to the dodgeball gamemode.
Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Just today I was playing on Advanced and saw a cheater using a name stealing hack and also autoreflect. I got in touch with Meatshield and tried to record video evidence but by the time I had gotten in touch the cheater was gone by next map.

Long story short. If there is blatant cheating, I would record video evidence and perm-ban cheaters.
If someone is mic-spamming, I would put it up to a !votemute or if it's very bad I would temp-mute.
As for intentionally breaking dodgeball rules, body-blocking etc. A couple warns would be my first option and then a formal kick.

Aba

Abaddon :)
Staff Member
Admin
Okay thanks, I'll look into that. I realized after I submitted my application that it did look a bit lacking compared to previously accepted apps.

Would I need to create a new application? Or could I amend onto this one?
You're free to edit your current application at any time (note it will temporarily be hidden until it gets approved by a forum moderator) without having to file in a new one.

However, glancing over your chatlogs I've only come across binds you seem to enjoy using. Otherwise there hasn't been anything harmful I could find which is good to see.
1612470099729.png
1612470524458.png

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Depends how you define mic spamming.

If I were to join a game and hear someone screaming into their mic every time they died. That would be cause for concern.
If I heard someone blaring music through their mic to everyone's disdain, that would be wrapped up as mic spam.
Or even someone who won't stop singing a song into the mic.

If it is ruining everyone else's time, or causing frustration, that is my personal opinion of what mic spam truly is. Which in my time on the servers, I have seen more than I would like to.

I implore anyone who looks into this application to legitimately look into that demo and tell me if that minor "ASMR" should or shouldn't be labeled as mic spam.

I would also implore you to just ask around any of these dodgeballs servers with the regulars as to who I am. Not who I am on paper but the people I've connected with.

The only reason I considered this position is to help foster the community on the dodgeball servers. Them being a very niche one, that should be welcoming to new players and old alike. After all, how can you moderate a community you aren't a part of?

If the punishment fits the crime by all means I deserve it, just more cause for me to become better. If my perspective seems skewed, I would like to refer back to my app.
Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I have never moderated a TF2 server, however, I understand the dodgeball servers and the community that plays on them and how I would like to become a helping hand in moderation of them.

I do ask that if this application does get accepted, that I get some formal training on commands and also the proper steps of how to properly punish players when it comes down to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom