Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pending Centred, Larger & More Easily Accessible Quick Thread Buttons

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
I made a forum theme suggestion a while back, todo with adding more accurate icons to the thread nodes instead of just the boring folder icons, and that seemed to be well-liked as a suggestion.

I May as well make another forum theme suggestion now it's been a while. (I know how much bene loves editing the forum themes <3)

Basically, I wanna put forward the idea, that we move the quick-create thread links to the top and make them big, colourful, hard to miss buttons.
One of the more frequent questions we get as staff is: "How do I make an appeal?" and "I can't find the link". Hopefully, this should help fix that issue somewhat.

What we currently have:
1650921763529.png

And what I'm suggesting: (Just a concept - could be altered/look different)
1650921783567.png

Last edited:

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

Staff Member
Admin
Last edited:

Oak

Gore-Spattered
One of the more frequent questions we get as staff is: "How do I make an appeal?" and "I can't find the link". Hopefully, this should help fix that issue somewhat.
It would definitely help when you tell people to appeal on the forums because in my experiences a lot of people ask "where". As it would be extremely hard to not see the icons, I support the idea.

sunstep

Truly Feared
In my opinion this would be better if it was more consistent, meaning that all buttons should be a grid instead of the 4 in the screenshot. Take Skial's website as example for this. What they did is create categories and put the buttons to their respective category. But, this should of course be a separate theme in case people don't want grids.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

Staff Member
Admin
In my opinion this would be better if it was more consistent, meaning that all buttons should be a grid instead of the 4 in the screenshot. Take Skial's website as example for this. What they did is create categories and put the buttons to their respective category. But, this should of course be a separate theme in case people don't want grids.
While yes, consistency is good, that is their entire design. Skial designed it like that on purpose.

The whole point of making these 4 buttons stand out like this is to make them stand out from everything else.
If the whole page looked like that, We would be back to the same problem of them just blending in and being less noticeable. :confused:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom