Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined CastoRanha's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

C2014

Scarcely Lethal
Username: CastoRanha

Name
casto.gamer2014 (Steam)

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Total Time: 1 months, 24 days, 11 hours, 13 minutes, 42 seconds

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/player/559477

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:99038036 // [U:1:198076072]

Your DiscordID
CastoRanha#5103

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Private server with my friends, I have experience in Admins Sourcemod commands.

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
Server that I usually play is: ► BlackWonder BR | Deathrun ◄: 177.54.157.73:27075 and I wish to moderate it.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
There are not many Brazilian moderators. And lately there's been a lot of Fake Freerun, Deaths disconnecting, Deaths committing suicide with RTD. And I am one of the active players and I can give warnings to these people and in certain cases I already punish them.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
12gamers18

How often do you play TF2?
I play quite often in the morning and afternoon. I'm not free at night. But the peak of players is in the afternoon [GMT -03:00 Brasília]

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
-fake freerun
1- warning, / 2-warning / 3- ban for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour, and so on (But if the person bothers you too much, it will be days and weeks and I don't think it's necessary perma banned from it)

-Comments toxics, racist or spam (Example: Lmaobox):
1 - warning. / 2 - warning / 3 - gag for 30minutes / 4 - gag 1 hour / If it's absurd things like
Chauvinism, Racism or something prejudiced with someone, you will be punished for 5 hours or up to 3 days.

-Voice chat spam

Right here we have an addendum, because there's that voice chat that's to interfere like (Very thin noises, very loud and blown sounds or Songs that are to interfere with the fun of others)

Okay, for this type of person the punishment will be: 1 - warning / 2 - muted 30min / 3 - muted 1hour / 4 - muted 2hour / 5 - muted 3hour / 6 - muted 1day / 7 - muted 2day / 8 - muted 3day / 9 - muted 7day / 10 - muted 30day. ( If continue after 30 days, you will be permanently punished. )

Now for that person who wants to put on music that is not annoying like: Audio burst, audio too thin or too loud. This is released against punishments and if you place one to mess up it will take a Warning and if it continues you will be punished. (And in case people don't like his songs, exists Tf2 option that can mute the person's voice)

-Voice chat
Like: Racist comments, toxicity or something prejudiced
1 - warning, / 2 - warning / 3 - muted 30min / 4 - muted 1hour / 5 - muted 2hour... and so on.

-Chat spam (bind spam)
1- warning, / 2- warning, / 3 - gag for 1 hour / 4 - gag for 2hour... and so on.

-Leaving as blue then rejoining ( Retry as Death )
1 - warning, / 2 - warning / 3- ban for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour, and so on

( But there are certain cases where the person puts the !drtoggle so I'm at an impasse and I don't know if I should punish him or not. )

-Cheaters
Record a demo, and get as much evidence as you can, and that's a result of a permanent ban.

-Delay
1-warning / 2-warning / 3-slay / 4-kick / 5-1hour ban / 6-2hour ban / 7-3hour ban / 8-1day ban,,, and so on. ( Here I'm getting a little heavy, because delay is something that messes with the patience of others and it ends up spoiling the fun a lot, )

-Exploiting
1 - Warning / 2 hour ban / 4 hour ban / 6 hour ban / 12 hour ban / 1 day ban / 5 day ban / 1 week ban / 2 week ban / permanent ban

-Bhop abuse
If is freerun its ok.
No freerun: Warn / 2 hour ban / 4 hour ban / 6 hour ban / 12 hour ban / 1 day ban...

-NSFW sprays / NSFW Sings
Permanent Sprayban.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Again, I will explain everything in detail about the last thread. (READ THIS ADMINISTRATORS)

That's 1200 hours of play in Blackwonder. At one point or another I got too comfortable and said some ugly things. Nobody is perfect. And I was in a group of friends who were in the game. So much so that no one was offended. I was reading my chat logs and ended up seeing that I used "negro" not as a way to call someone but to talk about something because it is also a color. And that has several interpretations. Brazilian Portuguese has a lot of this. But of course one time I referred the "negro" to demoman because in the Brazilian community is exist of this. Like: [Medic - Alemão/Naz... (German)], Spy - Françua (Frenchguy) and Demoman that refer to Demonegro or negro(Nicknames). I know it may seem strange but this is his nickname in the community here. I just wanted to say that this does NOT DEFINE ME AS A RACIST. The part that I said "chicotiar negros" is because I was a soldier using the (Disciplinary Action) in Deathrun map in fight minigame where it was full of demomans. I ended up saying that and the rest is because a demoman was focusing on me. Now this is the context of the fight and I ended up saying those things that sound very racist. We have to remember that the communities here are different and so is the culture of our countries. Negro is not an N word. Of course that is racism, but it is the nickname. And I am not stupid either, in case I become a moderator I will stop saying these things and if I am on another server I would respect the culture too, not to offend anyone. (And even if I am not I have already stopped this because for many not everything is a joke). Now about the bind that was a while ago and I really stopped it.

Another thing also IF THIS WERE A REAL PROBLEM I would be reported and punished, but this did not happen. That is why I am doing this text to defend myself because I do not want to be seen as a racist. And I also don't want to be canceled or censored for misinterpretation. Brazilian Portuguese is difficult to understand for a foreigner. It would be interesting if a Brazilian admin at Blackwonder would see my logs and understand that I am not a racist. It is all about interpretation. Please, don't be ignorant.

Other things were honestly answered in the last thread.

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/castoranhas-moderator-application.35109/#post-131475

Im not racist and edgy :(

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? English and Portuguese Brazillian.

Velcro

Console is a Furry

Velcro

Hi, im a former brasillian admin who saw this and your recent last application and wanted to give my fair share of comments on here.

Since the last apply was very recent and Sera already attached most of the important stuff there in just going to link it here
Previous Application
With that i also want to point out that you shouldn't immediatly create another apply if your last one was declined in the last 3 months

The next part of this reply is going to be made both in English and Portuguese to ensure the understanding of the applicant and any non portuguese watchers.

First in Portuguese:
Eu li tudo que foi mostrado e passei pelos seus logs eu mesmo, como você já não deveria estar fazendo um apply novo eu não vou apontar cada comentário e ao invés prefiro focar em uma mensagem maior.
Sim, negro não é por si só racista, mas usar como a única forma de se referir a uma pessoa ou personagem é, não existe razão para você se referir a todos os outros mercenários pelos seus nomes e o Demoman como "negro" além de que você não o vê como algo não humano, é por isso que muitos apontaram que seus comentários são racistas.
Eu não digo isso como uma forma de falar que você é uma má pessoa, mas sim para te esclarecer o que os seus comentários realmente querem dizer e que você deveria refletir no que você está dizendo.
Você disse e eu também reconheço que nada disso é realmente fala sobre na nossa comunidade, eu sei que você não é o unico que faz isso, mas isso é porque racismo é extremamente normalizado dentro da sociedade como um todo, por isso é possível fazer este tipo de comentário e sair não críticado, mas nada disso significa que você nunca deixou ninguém desconfortável, só não o suficiente para que alguém chegasse no ponto de falar, isso também se junta no motivo de você nunca ter sido reportado ou punido por nada disso. Mas para ser um bom membro da staff você não deve apenas reforçar as regras e não quebra-las, nós queremos pessoas que possam ser bons exemplos pro resto da comunidade, assim outras pessoas podem se sentir mais confortáveis jogando nos nossos servidores.
Ser Edgy (O que nesse contexto significa dizer algo perto de descaradamente racista mas cobrindo com sentidos ambíguos) não representa um bom exemplo para um membro da nossa Staff.
Sua resposta me demonstra que você ainda não entende muitos desses problemas e provavelmente ignorou o que foi apontado por estar inicialmente vindo de gringos, como alguém que vive no mesmo país que você e está falando as mesmas coisas que eles, por favor tome estes 90 dias para pensar em tudo que foi dito pra você aqui e no seu ultimo apply.

Obrigado pela sua aplicação e boa sorte no futuro.

In English:
I readed everything that was pointed out and did a little search of my own through your logs, since you already shouldn't be making a new app in the first place im not gonna point out every little comment here and just focus on a wider message.
Yes, saying "negro" in portuguese is not inherently racist, but using it as the only way to refer to a person or character is, there is no reason for us to refer to every other mercenary by their names and only demoman as "black" other than not seeing him like something other than a human, that is why most of the pointed out logs are racist.
I am not saying this to tell you are a bad person, but to show you what your comments actually mean and that you should reflect on what you are saying.
You said and i also know that this is not something that is really talked about on our communities, i know you are not the only one who does that, but that is because racism is extremely normalised on society as a whole and thats why people can usually get away with this stuff, that doesnt mean you never made anyone uncomfortable, just not enough for it to be pointed out. That is also why you were never reported for it or really punished, but being a good staff member is not only about enforcing the rules and not breaking then, we want to have people that can be good models to our playerbase, so people can feel confortable playing in it. Being edgy (which on this context means you trying to be close to say something obviously racist but covering it with ambiguous statements) does not give a good model for a staff member.
Your responce tells me you still don't understand most of this problems and probally disregard then because they are coming from foreigners, i as someone who lives in the same country as you is telling the same thing as then, please take those 90 days to think about everything that was said to you.

Thanks for your apply and good luck in the future.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello,

I want to echo my agreement with Velco's succinct thoughts. We also don't think you'd do well on a team right now considering you disregarded our previous declination and threw up a new application before any of us had a real chance to reply to your message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom