Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Capp0bvious's Moderator Application

Capp0bvious

Strange
Username: Capp0bvious

Name
Kenaan

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes I do https://tfstats.tf/player/33916974

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:571435454

Your DiscordID
Capp0bvious#9424

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I have managed a minecraft server in the past. Unfortunately, I cannot name it though but it was quite popular with about 1500 frequent members. I moderated it for about 5 months before it shut down. (I'd say about 230 hours of moderation in all (I didn't have much time back then)

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
As you can see in my tfstats, pretty much the only server I attend regularly and daily, and often is { █ ► BlackWonder US | Minecraft World ◄ █ Map: minecraftworld_fix_v16 IP Address: 85.117.240.54:27020}. If I were to moderate a server, I would definitely want to moderate this one as it is the one I spend the most time on, and know the most people on and can just have fun with. It's also where I know the most troublesome people.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I like keeping the environment in the server healthy and make sure toxic people can't ruin other people's days. I've seen a lot of unjustifiable things and just want to do something about it. If you look at what I do, I just try to have fun and make sure others have fun, and a troublemaker can make that difficult for some people. I decided to apply and edit this document each time because I saw someone making the environment unfriendly and more negative. It may be a slightly weird reason but I do not enjoy it when others are unhappy and now the server is all about criticizing one person for an hour or so. I would like it to end in a peaceful discussion and warning if trouble ensues or if it is warranted. I do not know much about the tf2 source code, but I used to program with C++ and Python, so I believe I can get the hang of things at a good pace.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
I play it every day, a few hours about. That might change due to my studies but it will still definitely be often.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate

Cheating: (video for proof or absolutely sure cheating is occurring)
1. Permanent Ban

Inappropriate Sprays: (screenshots and proof of ownership of spray for proof)
1. Permanent Spray Ban (until further notice)

Inappropriate Username: (screenshots for proof)
1. Warn (give them about a day)
2. Kick
3. Ban 30 minutes
4. Ban 2 hours
5. Ban 6 hours
6. Ban 12 hours
7. Ban 3 days
8. Ban 1 week

Chat spamming (non-specific): (screenshots for proof)
1. Warn
2. Gag 30 minutes
3. Gag 1 hour
4. Gag 3 hours
5. Gag 12 hours
6. Ban 12 hours
7. Ban 1 day
8. Ban 3 days

Advertising cheats (includes spamming and not spamming of cheat advertisements): (screenshots or possibly video for proof)
1. Silence 12 hours
2. Ban 1 day
3. Ban 1 week
4. Permanent Ban

Mic spamming (non-specific): (possibly video for proof)
1. Warn
2. Mute 30 minutes
3. Mute 1 hour
4. Mute 3 hours
5. Mute 12 hours
6. Ban 12 hours
7. Ban 1 day
8. Ban 3 days

!calladmin abuse: (screenshots for proof)
1. Warn
2. Gag 2 hours
3. Gag 12 hours
4. Ban 12 hours
5. Ban 3 days

Punishment Evasion [most notably using alts] (depends on the punishment as listed): (IP address and accounts for proof)
--> Serious Punishment (Cheating/Advertising Hacks)
1. Permanent Ban

--> Moderate Punishment (Exploiting/Griefing/Inappropriate Sprays)
1. Ban 1 week
2. Ban 1 month

--> Minor Punishment (Toxicity/Racism/Mic or chat spam/!calladmin abuse/Inappropriate Name)
1. Ban 1 day
2. Ban 3 days
3. Ban 1 week

***Depending on how many times they have been punished for the specific action mentioned, I may feel the need to skip steps to give a more severe punishment, most definitely if the punishment listed here is less than the one they have received.***

Griefing: (this is not much of a problem as the server I plan to moderate is very casual) (video for proof)
1. Warn
2. Slay + Kick
3. Ban 1 hour
4. Ban 3 hours
5. Ban 1 day
6. Ban 3 days
7. Ban 1 week

Exploiting: (video for proof)
1. Warn
2. Slay
3. Kick
4. Ban 6 hours
5. Ban 2 days
6. Ban 5 days

Toxicity/Racism: (screenshots or possibly video for proof)
1. Warn
2. Silence 2 hours
3. Silence 12 hours
4. Silence 2 days
5. Ban 2 days
6. Ban 1 week

Donor Abuse: (screenshots and logs for proof)
1. Warn
2. Gag 2 hours
3. Gag 12 hours
4. Gag 2 days
5. Ban 2 days
6. Ban 1 week

***I am unfamiliar with how the donor commands work entirely but considering they are text-based, I assume that a gag will prevent them from using commands. Also, there doesn't seem to be any sort of punishment that restricts command usage listed in the application guide so I resorted to gag.***

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I try to look at how a situation might affect people from everyone's sides. Sometimes, it is necessary to see something from someone else's shoes. Also, I tend to try to make the environment as great as possible. Even when I have something against someone, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and think thoroughly before making a view on them. As mentioned before, I can be quite young compared to some other people, but I have a lot going on. I tend to tutor, help my mom when it comes to her college since she needs help with English writing, and I have plenty of classes. I'm in an educational program based on the medical field and have taken extra classes. This might result in me having less time on certain days or not logging in for a bit, but most of the time, it should not get in the way of any moderation. For the people that I tended to dislike, I have learned to ignore them and try to enjoy my time, but it's different when it starts negatively affecting others.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? I am (moderately) proficient in Arabic as well since I am from Damascus, Syria.

Extra Note: I apologize for taking so long to edit this application to be reviewed again. My medical studies have caught up to me and the times I was on tf2, since it was October, I often used it to farm the scream fortress event. Now that I've finished my workload and October is over though, I now have time and thoroughly edited my form for reevaluation. Thank you to the staff members telling me to edit this, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Capp0bvious

Strange
Also if my account name doesn't match my application name, I might have just been some dumb kid trying to seem older than I was. The age on this application is the true one and if they don't match, I would appreciate it if my account name was changed to match the 16 year old age.

Capp0bvious

Strange
Also if my account name doesn't match my application name, I might have just been some dumb kid trying to seem older than I was. The age on this application is the true one and if they don't match, I would appreciate it if my account name was changed to match the 16 year old age.
Name is Kenaan

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I'd recommend rereading the application guide, your app is currently missing some important information. You may look at accepted apps for inspiration, but please do not directly copy them.

Capp0bvious

Strange
Feel free to edit this one instead of making a new application
Ok I have edited my application thoroughly and it is ready for review. It is mentioned in the note at the end of the application but once again, I apologize for taking so long to edit it, as I was very busy. Thank you for your patience

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom