Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined c0nradd's moderator application

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrProfPyro

c0nradd

Name
c0nradd

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:100244521

Your DiscordID
sfl/c0nradd#1309

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes, I was an admin of a server located in middle east called gulf.tf. I was admin from 2016 to 2018

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
I play a lot in the blackwonder hightower server in sydney.

Why do you want to become an admin?
Being an admin allows me to get rid of the toxic behaviors and any hackers who try to ruin the game. Having previous experience in being an admin, I understand the responsibility that comes with that title and also the professionalism needed. From having nearly 4k hours in the game, I can distinguish between a pro player and hacker quite well. However, I am always patient in banning one, as I make sure to look for clear and obvious signs beforehand. Being in blackwonder, a lot of toxicity is present, with plenty of mic spammers and racial behavious. Being an admin, allows me to prevent such behavior effectively and lets the players have a peaceful game

Do you know any of our current staff members? No

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I normally play from around 7 to 12 AEDT. But since summer break is approaching, I will be more active and play few hours in the afternoon as well

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
In the case of a hacker, since it is a serious issue and involves banning, I take my time by searching for signs like snap aims, or ability to notice cloaked spies, etc. I wont ban from the first instance I see them, but give it a bit more time and only till i am absolutely sure, will I perma ban. Spammers, I tend to give two official warnings, after which I mute them for a period, which increases the more he does it. Same applies for the use of racial slurs, non english spam, advertising, abusing commands, or other rule breakers, depending on how serious it is and how often they do it, I take the decision. Normally if they break it even after warning for more than 3 counts, I start banning for a longer period of time

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have been playing this game since 2014 and absolutely love it, I have a lot of admin experience in real life and now how to cease chaos appropriately
My current course is computer science, so I know my way around functions and commands quite well.

Things that you should consider when applying:
From my experience, I have had a quite clean past and dont recall any incident where I was banned or accused of anything major

Jack.

uɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀
Staff Member
Hey there Conrad,
Thank you for taking the time to apply here at Blackwonder. I'll be providing my thoughts on you and your application today.

There are a few things I'd like to address:
- I moderate the server you're applying for quite frequently and to be quite honest I don't think I've ever met you or seen you in game.
- It appears you joined the discord today, and haven't been active at all.
- As old as your forums account is, it's been laying dormant for years and hasn't been used till this application.
- You're chatlogs seem fine, although you seem to like telling people to alt+f4.
- You haven't been punished on the steam id you provided from what I can find.
- Your playtime is a little low standing at 1day and 15hours., You have roughly 4hours of playtime on Blackwonder servers over the past 2 months. You also haven't been very active recently.
- Your application could do with some refining, I suggest proof reading and maybe having a look at some previously accepted applications.

With all that being said, good luck to you and have a nice day.
-Foxsera

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro, I'll be quickly posting an addition to what Foxsera said.

In the case of a hacker, since it is a serious issue and involves banning, I take my time by searching for signs like snap aims, or ability to notice cloaked spies, etc. I wont ban from the first instance I see them, but give it a bit more time and only till i am absolutely sure, will I perma ban. Spammers, I tend to give two official warnings, after which I mute them for a period, which increases the more he does it. Same applies for the use of racial slurs, non english spam, advertising, abusing commands, or other rule breakers, depending on how serious it is and how often they do it, I take the decision. Normally if they break it even after warning for more than 3 counts, I start banning for a longer period of time
This is not enough. As Foxsera said, please take a look at accepted applications to get an idea as to what we're expecting.

After going through some pages of your chatlogs, I've found some minor entries that I would like to ask for clarification regarding:
1574915283993.png

1574915436605.png

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom