Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Bring back Civilian class

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
-) It was a good feature in a Class Warfare gamemode. People were meeming about it and having fun. However, there was a problem, the Civilian rounds were happening very often, and playing with only an umbrella were boring for many people, so that caused players to !surrender after one or two rounds later it forced to play as civilian again, so it was removed for a better time.
I believe this feature needs an attention.
To fix the problem where players try to skip the civilian round, i suggest to add a command to vote every 30 minutes to force a Special Civilian Round after round end (/votecivilian). (Like the juggernaut round on Dodgeball servers that can be forced after voting for it)
So this event will happen if Only players will vote for it by their own will and a 30 minute time limit to be able to vote for the next special round again will not tire anyone.
(Trying to vote before 30 minutes have passed will notify: "The Civilian Round was recently played and cannot be nominated")

-) I also thought that it would be interesting to add a feature to become a civilian class on Trade and Achievement servers with a public access or only for donators. (sm_civilian)
Civilian_RED-removebg-preview.png

Last edited:

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
For anyone who has no idea what the "Civilian Warfare round" was about, i'll leave some footage.

Last edited:

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
I like your suggestion, although these rounds in particular are highly dependent on someone getting a good rtd to push because of melee limit. I know the luck factor applies to a lot, if not most, of the classwar matchups. Bat Swarm basically guarantees a win for offense, Spawn Sentry often goes uncountered, etc.

That being said I think it's smart that, if brought back, civilian rounds would come with a cooldown and a voting option so the majority can enjoy a nice round of goofy umbrella whacking :)

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
I like your suggestion, although these rounds in particular are highly dependent on someone getting a good rtd to push because of melee limit. I know the luck factor applies to a lot, if not most, of the classwar matchups. Bat Swarm basically guarantees a win for offense, Spawn Sentry often goes uncountered, etc.

That being said I think it's smart that, if brought back, civilian rounds would come with a cooldown and a voting option so the majority can enjoy a nice round of goofy umbrella whacking :)
No, thats like keeping Camber in zombie survival because it's godspot pretty much requires pure luck if the medic spawns aren't near it, even if its luck-based it still shouldn't even be happening

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
No, thats like keeping Camber in zombie survival because it's godspot pretty much requires pure luck if the medic spawns aren't near it, even if its luck-based it still shouldn't even be happening
I'm not familiar with ZS nor do I understand the point you're trying to make. Whether or not civilian is fairer than other gamemodes, voting for the round sounds like a good idea, so for the hours that players don't want their time spent rtd'ing and meleeing, they can just vote against it.

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
I'm not familiar with ZS nor do I understand the point you're trying to make. Whether or not civilian is fairer than other gamemodes, voting for the round sounds like a good idea, so for the hours that players don't want their time spent rtd'ing and meleeing, they can just vote against it.
<Gets constantly voted yes for civ rounds

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom