Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Bring back Atomizer double jump for Jailbreak

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
As the title suggests, I would like to see the double jump mechanic come back for the atomizer with the lose health stat.
Pros:
> Air maneuverability would increase for rebels and they can now reach places a bit easier
> Some minigames would be easier
> Minicrits when swinging mid-air
Cons:
> No more scroll wheel b-hops making running away harder
> The downsides of the atomizer itself

I find that the atomizer is rarely used anyways so not many players would be mad if this change is added.
Also, I think it would be fun even if it was added for the guards only. I do remember double jump was added for both at one point and it was pretty fun.

Last edited:

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

It's basically A cheat code for obby and jumping minigames I feel making something like 40+ damage per double jump would balance it so reds are not constantly cheesing obby

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I mean, if you want to jump as scout, use the Boston Basher/3 rune. Double jump makes it too easy to cheese minigames, and the mini-crit mechanic is kinda useless tbh. Also, the lack of double jump makes the Baby Face's Blaster a stronger option for blus and theyre kritz'd anyway, so the Atomizer doesn't really fit there. Imo its fine as is, just a stock bat that lets you taunt kill without a health penalty.

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

I don't think the Atomizer double jump should not be used by the RED team during regular rounds as its double jump would be abused to cheat entire sections of platforming minigames like Obby, Death Run, Minefield, Sweeper, and Stairway to Heaven. Even if the Atomizer was given a drawback of dealing 40 self damage it would be a direct upgrade to the Boston Basher in terms of vertical mobility for less self damage as the Boston Basher deals 58 to the user. If a Scout wants to use the weapon for the sole purpose of rebelling he would be better off with any other melee weapon because the Atomizer removes the option for a red to bhop, this limits his evasiveness to incoming damage and mobility.

If you are unaware the Atomizer double jump can be used by Scouts during special days but from my experience it is not that useful except if you are inside of a minigame or in a map with hard to reach rebelling areas like snowballs. If the double jump were to be reintroduced into regular rounds it should be exclusively be used by the BLU team because it provides them with an extra jump and since you have to hold out the weapon to get to jump it won't remove guards ability to bhop. In conclusion if it would be reintroduced for the RED team it would be a bad idea but if it would be exclusive to the BLU team it would not be that bad of a change although it might be difficult to implement.

Last edited:

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
I don't think the Atomizer double jump should not be used by the RED team during regular rounds as its double jump would be abused to cheat entire sections of platforming minigames like Obby, Death Run, Minefield, Sweeper, and Stairway to Heaven. Even if the Atomizer was given a drawback of dealing 40 self damage it would be a direct upgrade to the Boston Basher in terms of vertical mobility for less self damage as the Boston Basher deals 58 to the user. If a Scout wants to use the weapon for the sole purpose of rebelling he would be better off with any other melee weapon because the Atomizer removes the option for a red to bhop, this limits his evasiveness to incoming damage and mobility.

If you are unaware the Atomizer double jump can be used by Scouts during special days but from my experience it is not that useful except if you are inside of a minigame or in a map with hard to reach rebelling areas like snowballs. If the double jump were to be reintroduced into regular rounds it should be exclusively be used by the BLU team because it provides them with an extra jump and since you have to hold out the weapon to get to jump it won't remove guards ability to bhop. In conclusion if it would be reintroduced for the RED team it would be a bad idea but if it would be exclusive to the BLU team it would not be that bad of a change although it might be difficult to implement.
The main trade off with the Boston basher vs atomizer is a damage difference. The basher applies bleed on hit, which if no healing is applied, does 75 damage compared to the Atomizers 30-41 depending if you mini Crit or not. I feel that it is an even trade off if there is a health penalty on double jump. Also the scout should know the sacrifice they make when they choose to grab the atomizer rather than the other options. While b hopping is a powerful utility, since blu crits would usually almost one shot regardless, losing some health in sacrifice of sick MLG pro dab dodges, is a good sacrifice. Also, not to mention that scout is still fastest class which makes rebelling even without hopping pretty easy.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
LMAOOOO this is just dumb, double jumping is an incredibly powerful maneuvering tool for an already fast class, a penalty must be so severe that it renders the weapons useless and never picked. The entire concept of double jumping in jailbreak is just way too powerful and kinda obnoxious.
Me against.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

I would like to give my input onto this.

First off, no, I do
NOT approve of this idea, it provides too much power for rebelling and cheating mini games.

PROS:
- I would say that the only PRO here is that they can avoid falling to their death.

CONS:
- Scouts can cheat mini games
- This can provide a huge
disadvantage for other REDS as they can only jump ONCE
- Rebelling may be easier due to the triple and double jumps

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
I would like to give my input onto this.

First off, no, I do
NOT approve of this idea, it provides too much power for rebelling and cheating mini games.

PROS:
- I would say that the only PRO here is that they can avoid falling to their death.

CONS:
- Scouts can cheat mini games
- This can provide a huge
disadvantage for other REDS as they can only jump ONCE
- Rebelling may be easier due to the triple and double jumps
While this is true, scouts also lose the ability to bhop which is an extremely powerful asset for rebelling which means that scouts will have to find new and creative ways to rebel. Also cheating can be avoided by simply stating scouts no double jumping. There would be both a visual and audio cue if a scout double jumps which would make taking care of that easier.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

Every class can bhop and considering you really don't need double jumps to do so, their speed is enough to help them.

Though the audio cue, I hope it doesn't overlap and be spammed, problems can arise from it, but good idea nonetheless.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Every class can bhop and considering you really don't need double jumps to do so, their speed is enough to help them.

Though the audio cue, I hope it doesn't overlap and be spammed, problems can arise from it, but good idea nonetheless.
The audio cue would ideally be scout being hurt if he loses hp when double jumping.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
So then I would only know that a scout double jumped if he made a hurt sound?
Elaborate more on your idea here, Tax
If you pay attention, there would be both a visual (smoke effect and momentum change) and an audio (hurt sound that used to happen with the atomizer when they double jump) cue which would indicate if a scout double jumps.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Even if it was added for only blue, I believe it would still be beneficial because you can both utilize double jumps by holding it out and also bhop by not holding it out.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

Alright, since we got this far into the thread, now restate on what this will provide for scouts, not only for the BLU team, but also for the RED team.

From what I see so far is a greater plan to rebel, a crutch for blus to catch rebelling scouts just incase they use double jumping/triple jumping to rebel.

I don't want a statement saying: "Like I said..." no, I want you to rephrase everything and now since you have all of these ideas in the thread, combine them into one and I will truly judge it on if we should vote
YES or NO.

Remember, I will consider on changing my vote if you restate your idea in a new and fresh form.

Last edited:

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

While this is true, scouts also lose the ability to bhop which is an extremely powerful asset for rebelling which means that scouts will have to find new and creative ways to rebel. Also cheating can be avoided by simply stating scouts no double jumping. There would be both a visual and audio cue if a scout double jumps which would make taking care of that easier.
This is actually false. if you time your jumps right and are not using a macro scouts can double jump and bhop

Hyped

Rage Inducing
This is actually false. if you time your jumps right and are not using a macro scouts can double jump and bhop
gamer friend they rely on auto bhop loool dont try to make sense of them

Even if it was added for only blue, I believe it would still be beneficial because you can both utilize double jumps by holding it out and also bhop by not holding it out.
What? being on blue already is an advantage since you can snipe rebellers with crits? Whats the point of giving blue scouts an extra jump? Theyre the fastest class in the game? Whats the point in giving the fastest class in the game an extra mobility option that is done with a press of a button?

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
gamer friend they rely on auto bhop loool don't try to make sense of them

What? being on blue already is an advantage since you can snipe rebellers with crits? What's the point of giving blue scouts an extra jump? They're the fastest class in the game? What's the point in giving the fastest class in the game an extra mobility option that is done with a press of a button?
Sentence structure REE
While the blues have crits, they are always severely outnumbered at least 2:1. This leads to at least one rebel every few games especially when you have incompetent guards (which is always). Another jump would not be game breaking for guards since it would ideally take away a chunk of hp which would require for the guard to go back to medic or armory for. The idea is to help guards manage rebels but also have it not be a simple crutch to catch rebels. Also, even though scouts are the fastest class, scouts can be easily juked, outmaneuvered, and even outrun if the rebel is better at bhopping.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
While this is true, I have yet to see a person (other than Jim maybe) that can manually bhop without a scroll wheel or macro.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Alright, since we got this far into the thread, now restate on what this will provide for scouts, not only for the BLU team, but also for the RED team.

From what I see so far is a greater plan to rebel, a crutch for blus to catch rebelling scouts just incase they use double jumping/triple jumping to rebel.

I don't want a statement saying: "Like I said..." no, I want you to rephrase everything and now since you have all of these ideas in the thread, combine them into one and I will truly judge it on if we should vote
YES or NO.

Remember, I will consider changing my vote if you restate your idea in a new and fresh form.
Ok, let's take this from the top.

Suggestion: Add back the double jump mechanic from the atomizer. This can be implemented for guards only or both. This should also include a damage stat similar to before it was changed.
Reasoning: The mechanic was in jailbreak for a little bit before it was removed and it was fun. It would force scouts to get more creative with rebelling and hiding spots since they can no longer just use their speed and trusty scroll wheel to get away. This would also force guards to both think (the hard one) and adapt. While this would serve as a massive crutch for parkour-esque minigames, it would ideally come with a damage stat. This could also be restricted by saying, "Scouts no double jumping". This could also be enforced fairly easily because of the smoke-like effect and damage audio cue if a scout double jumps.

(Pros/cons for exclusively adding double jump)
Pros:
> New air maneuverability
> New hiding spots
> A couple of double jumps per full health for minigames
Cons:
> Lose the ability to bhop (unless you are MLG pro)
> You lose health when you double jump

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

Ok, let's take this from the top.

Suggestion: Add back the double jump mechanic from the atomizer. This can be implemented for guards only or both. This should also include a damage stat similar to before it was changed.
Reasoning: The mechanic was in jailbreak for a little bit before it was removed and it was fun. It would force scouts to get more creative with rebelling and hiding spots since they can no longer just use their speed and trusty scroll wheel to get away. This would also force guards to both think (the hard one) and adapt. While this would serve as a massive crutch for parkour-esque minigames, it would ideally come with a damage stat. This could also be restricted by saying, "Scouts no double jumping". This could also be enforced fairly easily because of the smoke-like effect and damage audio cue if a scout double jumps.

(Pros/cons for exclusively adding double jump)
Pros:
> New air maneuverability
> New hiding spots
> A couple of double jumps per full health for minigames
Cons: They class that can already do obby, stairway etc gets even better with very little downside and another jump gives reds a crutch to use if they are horrible at jumping instead of rewarding the dedicated players who learn to do these minigames. The idea of atomiser working is straight up a bad idea. If you want it so much try to get good at the minigames instead of needing a crutch to complete climb Idk how to remove colour lol
unless you are MLG pro)
> You lose health when you double jump

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom