Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Breakable on JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Foster The People
So there seems to be somewhat a split when it comes to breakables with people saying it is kos if you hit it and it isn't kos till you break it. the rule is so vague and can be interpreted in different ways. LucasX suggested to make a poll so that is what i'm doing here so the rule can be updated to what the community believed is the right answer.

(first time making a post on the forums so if i did anything wrong with the posting or poll i apologize.)

fishy

Mildly Menacing
imo it doesn't really make sense if many people before you hit a breakable without being kos but then you hit it and it breaks and you're kos for it so i voted yes (hitting a breakable being kos is likely what the rule meant in the first place but it still needs further clarification)

Doctor Hexmask

Wicked Nasty

Hexmask

Everyone seems to want to make it so that if you hit a breakable once, your kos. I feel like people are saying that just so it's easier to kill all those reds and keep away rebellers. But in my eyes, I still think it should stay the same where if you hit it, your fine until you break it. That's my opinion.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Everyone seems to want to make it so that if you hit a breakable once, your kos. I feel like people are saying that just so it's easier to kill all those reds and keep away rebellers. But in my eyes, I still think it should stay the same where if you hit it, your fine until you break it. That's my opinion.

As somebody who never plays BLU, I assure you, this is only to make things less annoying.

It's like when a five year old pokes you and you tell them to stop so they just stick out their finger a centimeter from your face and say "I'm technically not touching you."

"I am technically not breaking the breakable, I am only hitting it purely because you can't kill me if I hit it a couple times."

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Should be KOS only when broken - keeps it way simpler when determining who to kill.

As with Harvey's great analogy, although he interpreted it differently, people will hit right next to it to bait others into freekilling in a "I'm technically not hitting it" fashion, and you'll have no way of telling whether it was an actual hit or not if you can't hear the smashing sound; hit marks are invisible on certain breakables or if you hit close enough to them. With crowds of people it's impossible to tell whose hits are registering and whose hits are bouncing harmlessly off their own teammates.

You should know the risk of hitting a breakable regardless, overestimating a wall's strength or failing to notice someone else has weakened it beforehand will make you the lone culprit.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Should be KOS only when broken - keeps it way simpler when determining who to kill.

As with Harvey's great analogy, although he interpreted it differently, people will hit right next to it to bait others into freekilling in a "I'm technically not hitting it" fashion, and you'll have no way of telling whether it was an actual hit or not if you can't hear the smashing sound; hit marks are invisible on certain breakables or if you hit close enough to them. With crowds of people it's impossible to tell whose hits are registering and whose hits are bouncing harmlessly off their own teammates.

You should know the risk of hitting a breakable regardless, overestimating a wall's strength or failing to notice someone else has weakened it beforehand will make you the lone culprit.
There are very few cases when it's so loud that you can't hear the breakable specific noise in my opinion. If it's too quiet to tell, turn up your volume, and people being loud on mic shouldn't interfere with it. If there are a swarm of reds at a breakable, like on freeday for example, then you can't really even judge it because of how many reds there are, you could/should just run away and check on armory to see who went in.

Hitting the breakable is making it easier for others to rebel, and you're participating in something meant for rebels, so I think it should make you KOS for hitting it (if it's very easy to tell who hit it, but then again it's hard to tell what's happening when there are red clusterfucks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom