Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined BlackWonder Donor Problem

Paragon

Foster The People
So i get this is a stretch far but something needs to he done about the way to get donor. Its extremely easy and granted it makes sense, the perks you get are intriguing and easy. Which makes it a problem and ive seen a terrible increase recently which is kids getting donor and interfering by either using the wrong commands and flat out being an annoyance especially with donor spies resizing their hands and using the boxtrot as an example. I feel like there needs to be a revamp by having some sort of basic requirement that anyone can get to or have a specific time in steam. What i have had in mind is either be a minimum level 10 in steam as most people that do reach that rank have a basic understanding of how steam works (unless they have been in steam for years and jjust dont want to, simmilar to Pkay) or have the '1 year of service' badge for steam. This would definitely make a decrease but maybe there could be a subsection where someone who doesn't reach the requirment, (say the level 10 steam account) they would just get the little perks as chat color and what not, but not be able to slay, mute etc. People might disagree but as someone who knows donors and is one who has been affected, have had children get in the way with commands. Its all up to benidevil in the end

(PS: pls have other admins give donor as well?)

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

A level 10 requirement is bad, a lot of people don't do upkeep on their profiles and don't level up, so prohibiting them from being donors wouldn't be fair.
Some sort of requirement wouldn't really be possible, plus as of now it doesn't really change maturity and abuse level if they have a new profile. We just need to crack down on donor abuse more frequently, of which I say record demos so we can properly punish these people.

Eventually Bene might make a donor bot specifically for donor and that's all, but it won't be for a while. A little delay in getting donor isn't really a problem, if you're trying to donate to Bene that is.

D

Deleted member 2049

The donor issue is becoming slightly a more problem everytime I see someone new get donor. It increases the chances of it being abused. If there shouldn't be requirements to get donor, then maybe considering admins to decide if a player is trustworthy enough for donor powers based on experience, trust, and knowledge of rules. Some sort of system should be found before donor powers become a serious issue

O C E A N M A N

Mildly Menacing
In my opinion, the best fix would be to have a more delayed process for donor, ensuring that the person truly wants donor (perhaps a quick questionaire or something) that is reviewed by staff to see if they are “worthy” of access to the commands. The only issue I can see with that method is it requires a significant amount of effort on staff’s part just to get money to help run the server. While this is a growing pain in the community you have to look at the server as a business. Bene needs money to run the server - money that comes from donations - or else BlackWonder may cease to exist. If the process for donations becomes riddled with hurdles, the donations will come less and less, stunting the communities growth and creating a niche group that will slowly die along with the game (it is inevitable).

Gamer Thomas

Mildly Menacing

Jax

Away
I say -support on this because someone could create a new profile, or lost access to their old one and be unable to restore donator, at least for a while if they couldn't level up. And also, this is kinda discriminatory as not everyone goes and buys cards for badges and leveling up.

Last edited:

Paragon

Foster The People
I say -support on this because someone could create a new profile, or lost access to their old one and be unable to restore donator. And also, this is kinda discriminatory as not everyone goes and buys cards for badges and leveling up.
One key gets your profile to level 10 with 1 bot so wouldn't it makes sense if you use your money on something that is for yourself that is permanent instead of a month?

A level 10 requirement is bad, a lot of people don't do upkeep on their profiles and don't level up, so prohibiting them from being donors wouldn't be fair.
Some sort of requirement wouldn't really be possible, plus as of now it doesn't really change maturity and abuse level if they have a new profile. We just need to crack down on donor abuse more frequently, of which I say record demos so we can properly punish these people. If something did happen to their profile its not hard to prove who you are

Eventually Bene might make a donor bot specifically for donor and that's all, but it won't be for a while. A little delay in getting donor isn't really a problem, if you're trying to donate to Bene that is.

Both of you ignored what i said when i said if we do set up some basic requirment there would be a sub section of donor where you dont get the commands to slay and what not.

Would the server still get donations? Yes
Should there be at least some sort or regulation before its a problem? Yes

Saying to record a demo isnt always ideal for everyone.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

One key gets your profile to level 10 with 1 bot so wouldn't it makes sense if you use your money on something that is for yourself that is permanent instead of a month?

Both of you ignored what i said when i said if we do set up some basic requirment there would be a sub section of donor where you dont get the commands to slay and what not.

Would the server still get donations? Yes
Should there be at least some sort or regulation before its a problem? Yes

Saying to record a demo isnt always ideal for everyone.
Making a separate donor rank that has commands would be kind of pointless, most people donate so they can get the commands so 9/10 times they are going to try to get commands. As we have seen by the various donor abusers, their background before they became an abuser was no different from others. Creating these extra requirements and separate donor ranks is just a whole lot of work for something that won't affect anyone.

If this started happening, the donation process would be made harder so it's entirely possible that bene might lose money because of it.

Unless your hard drive is literally full, anyone can record a demo because they are very small. I would say it's ideal, just record as soon as you get in, stop recording at some point, and delete any excess demos with nothing in them.

Another mentality about donor abuse is that it's like crime, it won't stop crime to tell people "don't steal." Instead, having better ways of defending against criminals or catching them is a better way of reducing crime. With donors, you can do all the background checks you want but abusers will be abusers no matter who they are. That's why I said we need to crack down on the abuse more, as it's a much better way to solve the problem.

fishy

Mildly Menacing
those who would spend $5 per month (or more) are less likely to abuse their powers, and even if you think that “nothing would change if you increased the price” wouldn’t it be better to increase the price anyways since it would support the server more? (even though that’s off topic)

i can’t see how increasing the price wouldn’t change anything, obviously less people would become donor which means less people would donor abuse (right now donor powers seem too easy to abuse and too accessible right now)

this is just a suggestion though, there are people who just want the cool colored name in chat but wouldn't pay the $5 and people who don't really understand the rules who would pay the $5 so idk, there isn't really a good fix to this that i can think of besides just cracking down on donor abusers more or making the punishment more severe (don't even know what the punishment is for it right now)

Last edited:

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

those who would spend $5 per month are less likely to abuse their powers, and even if you think that “nothing would change if you increased the price” wouldn’t it be better to increase the price anyways since it would support the server more? (even though that’s off topic)

i can’t see how increasing the price wouldn’t change anything, obviously less people would become donor which means less people would donor abuse (right now donor powers seem too easy to abuse and too accessible right now)

tbh i rarely see any donor abusers (most donor abuse seem to be accidents or misunderstanding of rules and falsely votemuting/slaying someone anyways which you can’t really fix) so i don’t think it’s really necessary to fix anything with the donor system right now, im just suggesting a solution (though i don’t know about the situation on other servers about donor abusing)
Spending $5 does not change donor abuse. There are people who have bought donor+ ($40) and still abused their powers. We don't trust someone more simply because they give more money. The idea of increasing donor would just make less people willing to get donor, so yes there wouldn't really be a difference if the price increased.

Again this is an issue of fixing the results. Even if there was a literal explicit rule set of exactly what votes could be used for, people would still abuse donor, as evident with the presence of rule breakers on jailbreak in general.

Again, it is my firm belief that the solution to the problem is more demos and donor abuse reports. If you see another donor come online, do not be afraid to record a demo while they are online (considering you can delete it if it doesn't show abuse, this shouldn't be a problem).

The bottom line is if you complain about donor abuse, yet refuse to take demos and report these people, you should stop complaining.

fishy

Mildly Menacing
Spending $5 does not change donor abuse. There are people who have bought donor+ ($40) and still abused their powers. We don't trust someone more simply because they give more money. The idea of increasing donor would just make less people willing to get donor, so yes there wouldn't really be a difference if the price increased.

Again this is an issue of fixing the results. Even if there was a literal explicit rule set of exactly what votes could be used for, people would still abuse donor, as evident with the presence of rule breakers on jailbreak in general.

Again, it is my firm belief that the solution to the problem is more demos and donor abuse reports. If you see another donor come online, do not be afraid to record a demo while they are online (considering you can delete it if it doesn't show abuse, this shouldn't be a problem).

The bottom line is if you complain about donor abuse, yet refuse to take demos and report these people, you should stop complaining.

fair enough

i still think that donor abusing isn't that big of a problem to warrant an overhaul or even just a change in the donor system

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
We are very sorry to inform you that we don't plan on changing the donation system currently. If you find any abuser you can report them and their perks will be taken away immediately.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom