Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted bergenco's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergenco

Mildly Menacing
Staff Member
Username: bergenco

Name
bergenco, berg

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes, 14d, 7h, 53m.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/players/8947048

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:34393826

Your DiscordID
siruwuchan

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
JB US

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I feel like I could handle position like this well. I love playing jb, and I have made many friends while playing. From when I started playing everyday around 6 months ago, I have enjoyed playing with the community, and though there are various dramas or controversies, I still try to have fun.
Moderator wise, from my time as a donator, I feel like I know the rules and believe that I could enforce or inform someone on them if needed. During the times when I couldn't voteteamban or voteslay someone, waiting for a mod or admin to get on felt unfair to everyone playing, and to myself. All in all, I hope if something like this happens again that I could be there to do something about it.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
Midnight Owl (Black Skull), CometPM, Rodd, Duck Lurch.

How often do you play TF2?
Most days of the week.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹
LTAP: double of original punishment

cheating with evidence: perm ban
(preferred software: medal clipping, outplayed, demos)

advertising cheats: warn > perm gag/mute

exploiting (depending on severity): warn > slay > 1h > 2h > 12h > 1d > 3d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

mic/chat spam: 1h gag/mute > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

talking while muted/gagged: 1h ban > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

non english in vc: warn (in their language) > 1h ban > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

extreme toxicity (gag/mute/ban depending on actions)(transition into ban may occur earlier on): warn > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

racism, homophobia, etc.: warn > 1d gag/mute > 3d > 1w > 2w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

NSFW spray: perm spray ban until user changes spray

NSFW conscientious objector: perm spray ban until user changes offensive objector

NSFW cosmetic items (Flair!, photo badge, etc.): perm spray ban until user changes offensive item

exposing hidden staff: 1h gag/mute > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

!calladmin abuse: warn > 4h ban > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

𝗷𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸
all scenarios that involve an action that can be done by both red and blu will result in a teamban of that amount of time for the blu in place of a normal ban. teamban ladder may be steeper than ban ladder depending on the reason for the ban.
ex: delaying as blu: warn > slay > 2h tb > 12h > 1d > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

overtalking during mic check: 1h gag/mute > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

overtalking warden: warn > 1h gag/mute > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

delaying (armory camping, sticky trapping, camping unreachable areas, etc.): warn> beacon/slay > 1h > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w

ghosting: warn > 1h gag > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w

continuously calling out false accusations: > 1h gag/mute > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w

warden impersonation: warn > 1h gag/mute +tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

𝗯𝗹𝘂
no mic/unintelligible mic: perm tb until user provides evidence of having (and using) a better mic

unwilling to play warden: warn (slay if !uw) > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

freekill: warn +respawn red > slay > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

mass freekill: 1w tb +respawn of reds killed > 2mo > 6mo > perm

roaming/hunting and chasing without permission: warn > slay > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

griefing (button griefing, pushing reds, minigame griefing): warn (slay +respawn of red(s) if needed) > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

favoritism: warn > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

lr denial: warn +rlr next round if possible> 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻
kill/trick orders: warn +inform warden that this isn't wonderland (+slay if needed, +respawn of red(s) if needed) > 4h tb > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

illegal ff: warn +respawn of reds killed> 4h tb > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

illegal usage of minigames: warn (+respawn of red(s) killed if needed)> 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

pardoning: warn +inform warden that this isn't wonderland > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

no repeats: warn (+ respawn red(s) if needed) > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

lying: warn (+ respawn red(s) if needed) > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

chaining days more than 3 times (hg, warday, hns, etc.): warn (+ respawn red(s) if needed)> 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

false lr: warn > 1h tb > 2h > 4h > 12h > 1d > 2d > 1w > 3w > 2mo > 6mo > perm

warden hogging: fire > warn > slay

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
As I have been a mod on much smaller servers in other games, I know the basics of a staff team such as ranking, individual responsibilities, etc. Though I am unable to get the contact info of any of the people I worked with therefore I checked no in the question provided.

I believe not everyone should be quickly perm banned as they have the ability to change, therefore my ladders may seem slightly lenient. Cheaters on the other hand do not get this leniency.

Accepted or not, I enjoyed making this application and I appreciate the opportunity to even apply. Thank you!

If I am required to change anything on my app please inform me..

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No.

Last edited:

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
Hello bergenco

You've made a very sufficent application. Pretty clean logs, and donor voting history. Zero punishments on-record

One quick question questions for you.
cheating with evidence: perm ban
What software will you be recording with?

Also I will also comment that this applies to inappropriate objectors as well.
NSFW spray: perm spray ban until user changes spray

Final recommendations would be to stay active and explore/interact with our discord and other forum posts. Asides from that I think you'd make a great addition to our staff team.

+support and good luck on the app!

Last edited:

bergenco

Mildly Menacing
Staff Member
Hello @Ash Shaw ! I will be recording with Medal clipping software (at medal.tv). It is the software I currently use casually and it does a pretty good job.

Also, my app has been edited accordingly.
I will try to be more active on forums and servers. Thank you for the help!

Last edited:

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Hello bergenco,

Good to see you apply staff here. Overall I don't have any issue with you and your punishment history is clean! I checked over your command log and seems nothing struck out, so I will take a grain of salt that you know the rule pretty well, and I don't see any issue with your donor perk.

It seems you are a pretty much better candidate for Jailbreak staff than other applicants who are applying for JB staff.

+Support

bergenco

Mildly Menacing
Staff Member
Hello bergenco,

Good to see you apply staff here. Overall I don't have any issue with you and your punishment history is clean! I checked over your command log and seems nothing struck out, so I will take a grain of salt that you know the rule pretty well, and I don't see any issue with your donor perk.

It seems you are a pretty much better candidate for Jailbreak staff than other applicants who are applying for JB staff.

+Support
Thank you Darkness Owl! I put a lot of work into this app lol...

bergenco

Mildly Menacing
Staff Member
Edit: Removed section about not using mic often. I am now comfortable with using my mic in JB servers, and have been playing on blu as warden very often.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Edit: Removed section about not using mic often. I am now comfortable with using my mic in JB servers, and have been playing on blu as warden very often.
That explains your performance last night, I suppose.
I think you need a bit more time learning the fundamentals of guard play, you seem inexperienced with both the giving and running of LRs.

bergenco

Mildly Menacing
Staff Member
That explains your performance last night, I suppose.
I think you need a bit more time learning the fundamentals of guard play, you seem inexperienced with both the giving and running of LRs.
Hello 10000 Cold Knights.

I agree 100%. I am very inexperienced with the warden role and the blu team in general, but I still believe that I have a very well understanding of the rules, and as I improve as a guard, I gain a better understanding of these rules and how they work.

I understand that even though I may not have the qualities of a good guard, I believe I may have the qualities required for someone in a moderative position.

For now, I will keep trying to improve as a guard so I don't disappoint whoever may be watching.

Thank you for your feedback, 10000 Cold Knights!

Last edited:

Duck Lurch

Somewhat Threatening
Staff Member

Daddy

I have played a lot with you and i must say you are a nice guy, and you know the rules
+Support from me

bergenco

Mildly Menacing
Staff Member
Edit: Added more staff I've spoken to and gotten the permission of under the
section provided.
(+CometPM, Rodd, Duck Lurch)

Added demos as a secondary use of clipping/recording.

Edited various other things in and out aswell.

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
As of now it is 64 days old, but you were teambanned for MFK on January 1st
However it's great to see you active on servers, discord, and forums- I think you're a promising applicant
Best of luck

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Hello there bergenco, you have been one of the good players of JB server, you have assisted and helped us dealing with players who are breaking rules. You haven't caused any problems to servers and you're not being a troll and obnoxious to staff which is great.
I wish you best of luck joining the team, it would be great if i had another helping hand in Jailbreak.
+support

bergenco

Mildly Menacing
Staff Member
Hello Seraphina and Rodd,

(Seraphina) Thank you for your input, seeing especially as you don't comment past the beginning stats very often. As for the punishment, I don't have much to say since it was an accident.. Regardless, thank you for being as helpful on the forums and discord as you are!

(Rodd) Thank you for the reply, and for being a really fun and helpful mod on jb as well! I hope to able to do what you do one day.. (On jailbreak at least.)

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello Bergen,

Thank you for such an effortful app. It is really a breath of fresh air to read a meticulous punishment ladder and a passionate few paragraphs of why you want to volunteer your time. In addition to this, you were also very gracious in the face of constructive criticism. This application and your replies should serve as a model for others that wish to apply- and before I get clipped out of context, I don't mean plagiarize/copy this app. I mean be genuine and put in some effort; it takes you a long way.

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Proud of you son!

Attachments

• 5e4a2e3874c46254684e9e97d7c18548.jpg
    5e4a2e3874c46254684e9e97d7c18548.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom