Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Bender™'s Moderator Application

Bender™

Unremarkable
Username: Bender™ (ocassionally sometimes Zoidberg™ for cosplay purposes)

Name
Ryan

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. 0 months, 12 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes, 22 seconds [Yes]

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:22268850

Your DiscordID
Ryankz11#7081

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I usually play on casual/general servers (these being the servers that have no speciality with the rules such as 2FORT, Turbine, Orange, x100 / x1000 and/or 100% crits, Class Wars, Minecraft World, (Sometimes MvM) And to be specific with server regions, I tend to keep away from BR and TX (as they both do cause lag and/or have people who speak outside of the English language)

Being more specific :

{104.194.9.222:27110} BlackWonder NY I Dustbowl I Class Wars
{85.117.240.61:27055} BlackWonder US I Orange I 100% Crits
{157.90.177.48:27155} BlackWonder I 2Fort
{104.194.9.222:27030} BlackWonder I NY I 2Fort
{85.117.240.4:27045} BlackWonder I US I Hightower I No carts
{85.117.240.14:27020} BlackWonder I US I Dustbowl I Class wars I Rotation
{185.141.207.156:27010} BlackWonder I UK I 2Fort
[More servers may be added during this application's pending period!]

So to a conclusion, I can be fine with any of the General casual servers (that's if some of the ones I mentioned WE'RE generals and not sorta major changes like Jailbreak, Slender Fortress, FF2, Deathrun etc)

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Well, it's been a while and I always had the fear that trying to Moderate a first person shooter is a lot more challenging than a typical Sandbox Game *cough* Garry's Mod. But with having recently seeing a bunch of concerning situations earlier (such as: Spawn Camping as a Tomislav Heavy on x100 Orange, people taking their language too far, such as Tier 3 Profanity, Micspam with or without said Major profanity. And most commonly, behaviour concerns (although that might be allowed??? considering it's very common to see)

Currently I have done what was right with my current Donator rank and have dealt with the small-scaled situations to help make the server more peaceful (such as forcing switching to teamspec and any other necessary actions as donator) I stay away from the big ones, as these are for the Moderators after all.

And soon gained a interest to have a chance at wanting to become a staff member, so that I can make sure people on general servers follow rules such as: keeping spawn camping at bay, use of language and actions towards others at a safe level, etc.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Benedevil (had a donator rank incident)
canaiden (quiet little chap on a few BLW.Trades)
Dwayne (Met a bunch on Jailbreak, all though my mind is blank with this one so it could possibly not be the one I remember seeing)

Sadly, I haven't exactly been able to meet a ton of staff members that well, as most of the time they're hidden on the server, but I have met quite a handful, and these 3 being the ones I actually have had a big contact with compared to commonly meeting any common staff members.

How often do you play TF2?
Activity does vary a lot, (I got life-things to do ya know ;-;) but it's around 2 - 15+ hours a week (more or less)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
how I punish people?
I am sadly not too sure, as like I've said before, I've only managed 1 TF2 server, that being a MvM lobby, but, I am certain I can put my mind to it with a valid punishment cycle: for an example

Note: As mentioned, mainly for general servers, and not special servers with special / different rules such as Jailbreak, Freak Fortress, etc.

=====Players Micspamming/Chat Spamming=====

Punishment 1# ~ Verbally Warn the player(s) in case he/she isn't aware or if they're sorta taking their general talks too far (if they're purposely doing it such as micspamming a heavily profanic word, or are fully aware of their actions, then this will be instantly jumped to
Punishment 2 - 4+ #)

Punishment 2 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) for 5 minutes (dependent on what they've done, can extend to 10 minutes, attempting to leave to avoid the punishment may result in a ban[if you guys do that sorta thing, that is])

Punishment 3 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) for 30 minutes
Punishment 4 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) for 1 hour
Punishment 5 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) for 3 hours
Punishment 6 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) for 1 day
Punishment 7 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) for 3 days
Punishment 8 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) for 1 week
Punishment 9 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) for 3 weeks
Punishment 10 # ~ Gag/mute the player(s) permanently

=====Players Spawn Camping=====
Punishment 1# ~ Verbally Warn the player(s) in case he/she isn't aware of their actions (if they're purposely doing it such as on a x100 server and constantly trapping people as a tomislav heavy or any other strong class, or are fully aware of their actions, then this will be instantly jump to
Punishment 2 #)

Punishment 2 # ~ Force the player to Team SPECTATOR to prevent he/she from causing any more mischief towards spawn.
Punishment 3 # ~ Kick the player if they continue to spawn camp / trap / kill after being told AND being moved to SPECTATOR.
Punishment 4 # ~ Ban the player for 1 hour
Punishment 5 # ~ Ban the player for 3 hours
Punishment 6 # ~ Ban the player for 12 hours
Punishment 7 # ~ Ban the player for 1 day
Punishment 8 # ~ Ban the player for 3 days
Punishment 9 # ~ Ban the player for 1 week

=====Player Misconduct===== (such as being offensive to others)
Punishment 1 # ~ Verbally Warn the player(s) in case he/she didn't mean to escalate it that far, however this is an unlikely event and if this does happen, or if mildly offensive conduct towards others does occur, simply verbally warn them.

Punishment 2 # ~ Mute/gag the player for 3 hours
Punishment 3 # ~ Mute/gag the player for 10 hours
Punishment 4 # ~ Mute/gag the player for 1 day
Punishment 6 # ~ Mute/gag the player for 3 days
Punishment 7 # ~ Mute/gag the player for 1 week
Punishment 8 # ~ Mute/gag the player for 2 weeks
Punishment 9 # ~ Mute/gag the player permanently

=====Inappropriate Sprays / Conscious Objector Decals=====
Punishment 1 # ~ Perm Spray Ban the Player

=====Abusing !calladmin=====
Punishment 1 # ~ Verbally warn the player about their consecutive false reports
Punishment 2 # ~ 1 hour ban
Punishment 3 # ~ Ban the player for 5 hours
Punishment 4 # ~ Ban the player for 12 hours
Punishment 5 # ~ Ban the player for 1 day
Punishment 6 # ~ Ban for 3 days
Punishment 7 # ~Ban for 1 week
Punishment 8 # ~Ban for 2 weeks
Punishment 9 # ~Ban permanently

=====Others=====
---Hacking---
~ Evidential Proof (such as OBS Studio etc.) + Permanent Ban

---Advertising Hacking / Etc.---
~ Unnecessary Horse Play: Perm gag / mute
~ If believed to be true and/or is using them: Evidential Proof + Perm Ban

---Disconnection to avoid punishment---
~ Perm Ban

---Exploiting---
Punishment 1 # ~ Warn
Punishment 2 # ~ Smite the player
Punishment 3 # ~ 1 Hour Ban
Punishment 4 # ~ 3 Hour Ban
Punishment 5 # ~ 12 Hour Ban
Punishment 6 # ~ 1 Day Ban
Punishment 7 # ~ 3 Day Ban
Punishment 8 # ~ 1 week Ban
Punishment 9 # ~ 1 month ban
Punishment 10 # ~ Permanent Ban

---Exposure of staff going under---
Punishment 1 # ~ Warn
Punishment 2 # ~ 1 hour mute+gag
Punishment 3 # ~ 3 hour mute+gag
Punishment 4 # ~ 12 hour mute+gag
Punishment 5 # ~ 1 day mute+gag
Punishment 6 # ~ 1 week mute+gag
Punishment 7 # ~ 1 month mute+gag
Punishment 8+ # ~Permanent mute+gag

Editor's Note: Am I missing a few or do some seem too nice or harsh? Lemme know! As I have done my best to make these as balanced and fair as possible! (Ban lengths I cannot be too sure of, and especially with mic gagging, as I've seen responses where mic gagging for micspam isn't done against, but doing this in case as I am not too sure of either!)

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I did tick "No" for [Have you managed servers previously?] this is mainly due to not the fact I haven't exactly not managed a server before, but mainly because I've never managed a lot of First person shooter games, now that may sound like a concern, however if I do have some great access to some source, then I can easily get through that in a flash without risk of causing any problems,

But I have done a bunch of Managing on Sandbox games such as (Garry's Mod) and I am familiar with commands, but are likely nowhere as similar to as TF2's such as

"!mute/!gag [player name] [reason]"
"!ban [player name] [time] [reason]"
"!kick [player name] [reason]"
"!forceteamspec [player name] (reason)" (I've been familiar with the donator one, so I'm not sure if there has to be a reason added, and unfamiliar with the commands real name)

Other info about me:

- I haven't been moderating TF2 as much compared to other games like Garry's Mod, but Staff Experience is high up on the tree. As long as I can get a helping hand from the staff with commands etc. I will be fine!

- I also have a disability (Autism) nothing important, just thought I'd share that with y'all :)

- I've been playing tf2 BLW.TF for a while so I am familiar with the rules of general servers, so with me around, I can help keep them in a safe environment for both old and new players alike.

======Conclusion======
So that's everything, I did sorta go all over the place with this application, so if anything was moved, feel free to tell me what to edit / change / add, as I still have spare information in this noggin', Hope y'all enjoy reading this! As too am I hoping to become a part of the team!

Forum Edits:
- 11/01/2022 ~ 22:25 PM
+ Major changes with the punishment cycles! plus added a few extras I missed!
+ Did a few tidying up with previous punishments!

- 14/01/2022 ~ 18:39 PM
+ Changed Username: Ryankz11 > Megatron™ (forgot about the recent change)
+ Changed my name from Ryank11 > Ryan (My bad)

- 19/01/2022 ~ 19:12 PM
+ Added information on my name (just to answer anyone's questions on why my name is different occasionally)
+ Changed my Signature at the end of the application a little (nothing special really)

- 20/01/2022 ~ 22:02 PM
+ Removed racism note (now that I know how that's dealt with)
+ Removed punishment ladder for decal/spray and just simply added a "perm spray ban" mentioned by Wesz
+ Last time i'm changing my username on this application (it's getting annoying now) to Bender™ permanently, however Dr. Zoidberg™ will still remain as for cosplay reasons!
+ Added my "Evidential Proof" to the "Hacking" punishment ladder too, as it must've mysteriously went away when doing this on day 1

- 22/01/2022 ~ 18:27 PM
+ Added Two new punishment ladders {Exploiting + Exposure to Staff going Under}
+ Changed my reply to Wesz after finding out the main servers I am on

- Bender

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Wesz

Notably Dangerous
Hi Ryank! ll be going over your application really quick.

1. Good amount of playtime.
1642679292922.png

2. Chatlogs are fine
3. you were muted one year ago.
1642679582685.png

A few questions for your punishment ladder.
racism however I am not too sure off, as I've been on servers where racism has ranged from a 2 week ban, to a 6 month ban, to a permanent ban.
1. We do not ban for racism. just a gag is enough.
=====Inappropriate Sprays / Conscious Objector Decals=====
Punishment 1 # ~ Verbally Warn the player(s) in case he/she wasn't aware of their spray/decal, however this can be unlikely, but in case of an event where they didn't mean to, then a simple verbal warn and clearing sprays should resolve it (if there is a clean sprays command)

Punishment 2 # ~ If the player continues, then Spray Ban for 1 hour

Punishment 3 # ~ If the player still continues 3 hours

Punishment 4 # ~ If the player still continues 1 day

Punishment 5 # ~ If the player still continues 3 days

Punishment 6 # ~ If the player still continues 1 week

Punishment 7 # ~ If the player's spray / Decal isn't partially NSFW (so not having cover ups etc.) and having instead the "real things" in your faces, this ban can be permanent
2. We do not warn with Inappropriate Sprays / Conscious Objector Decals. Perma spray ban is fine.
=====Others=====
---Hacking---
~ Permanent Ban
3. What would you use to record?

I have 1 last question: I see you named some servers which you want to moderate, But we have different regions of the servers. Could you please tell us which one you would like to mod.

Other than that best of luck!

Bender™

Unremarkable
@Wesz

Post has been updated, along with a update note to help you find out where they are!

Q/A: Regional Servers, this was partially mentioned, but I'll mention again, I can basically do any sort of Regional server within the "General" Server Group, Here's a list of what servers I can do.

~ UnitedKingdom (UK)
~ UnitedStates (US)
~ NewYork (NY)
~ SinGapore (SG)
~ Australia (AUS)

- Servers -
{104.194.9.222:27110} BlackWonder NY I Dustbowl I Class Wars
{85.117.240.61:27055} BlackWonder US I Orange I 100% Crits
{157.90.177.48:27155} BlackWonder I 2Fort
{104.194.9.222:27030} BlackWonder I NY I 2Fort
{85.117.240.4:27045} BlackWonder I US I Hightower I No carts
{85.117.240.14:27020} BlackWonder I US I Dustbowl I Class wars I Rotation

Others such as TX, LA etc. I don't exactly snoop around as much, so I have 0 clue on how bad my ping can get on those, etc.
and BR, well I've mentioned why, heh. But I mentioned a good amount that the general servers do run on.

Editors Note I Took me a while to handpick a certain batch, but I finally did it.

Last edited:

honey

Wicked Nasty

G.O.A.T

If i may comment this here, I did have an encounter with Bender the other week on AUS 2Fort which wasn't the best experience
Bender proceeded to criticise me continuously for the unusual that i was selling on bp.tf (completely irrelevant to Blackwonder) and proceeded to say stuff along the lines of "if you sell an unusual for that price high tier traders like myself will shit on you for it" which led to a pretty awful experience and i ended up disconnecting from the server.

Unfortunately i am unable to locate the chat logs on our interaction but it's not the first time ive seen Bender behave this way.

Regardless of my personal encounter with Bender i wish him the best with his application. I only thought it was appropriate to bring this up since he would be representing the blackwonder servers.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 113

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
In light of someone giving their experience with Blender, I've decided to take a quick look at their chatlogs.
These are some concerning entries I have found that are less than 3 months old.
1646625622146.png
1646625638820.png

(along with 10 entries of "fuck off" in the past 3 months)

1646625747516.png
I've found some other entries that are concerning as well, but I am not going to share them here as I don't have the context of the situation.

Could you please explain the context behind the messages I've highlighted, Blender?

Bender™

Unremarkable
This was due to my behaviour, however the closer I get to the outcome of my application, I can assure an improvement in behaviour, as most the time on the servers, everyone's being a bit "fitsy" with one another, also with Honey's outcome, I do sometimes say things that may sound "concerning" to others, mainly due to how it's said, since text chat is MUCH different than talking with a voice, kind of hard to abbreviate "sarcasm" from plain text than a change of tone in your voice. While yes, they are concerning which I will give my apologies for the side of, but with Honey's outcome, what I say is indeed true, was just giving him advice about trading (with a bit of cockiness by mentioning "like myself")

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom