Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Being marked as a free killer is too easy to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

I have seen that players aware of the Marked as a free killer plugin are finding it way too easy to get around for these 4 reasons:

1)Kill reds slowly
If you pick off the reds one by one at different times during the match the plugin doesn't detect it.

2)Retry
If you receive the on-screen notification "You have been marked as a free killer,you will be banned in 60 seconds if no admin pardons it." If you disconnect then rejoin during this period you won't receive a ban.

3)Donors
If they kick you, then you're not going to be banned

4)Switching teams during the "Void period"
If you switch teams the plugin forgets it

Suggestion)

Increase the ban from 1 hour if the plugin managed to ban you it's only for 1 hour, I think it should be longer as so far it only bans mass free killers who would get a longer ban if there was staff in the game with them.

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Well, the bans usually get logged if I remember right in the database, this could be a simple fix, instead of it stating they'd be banned in 60 seconds, instantly ban them and still state that message, let them still play but when they try to rejoin, they can't because its already executed the ban xD

Herobrine24

Truly Feared
Instead of touching the Jailbreak Plugin, why not just give Normal people the ability to votekick/slay/gag/mute and make the % to 75-95 to avoid abuse. Or add a Report plugin to notify admins and to avoid false reports, go on the server at 3-5 Reports on the same reason. (The only way to avoid abuse is to Report Ban (if avaible) the users that report when an admin is present because there is no plugin that requires an amount of reports to activate the notification.)
I already linked some Report Plugins here: http://blackwonder.tf/threads/new-public-commands.389/#post-1495

Last edited:

Frama

what do i do and who am i

Frama

why not just give Normal people the ability to votekick/slay/gag/mute

No, No, NO!

All the server, especially Jailbreak, are populated by kids who would abuse the commands to kick/slay/gag everyone, and since most of the people just press "1" at votes without even watching, it would be a really bad thing.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

No, No, NO!

All the server, especially Jailbreak, are populated by kids who would abuse the commands to kick/slay/gag everyone, and since most of the people just press "1" at votes without even watching, it would be a really bad thing.
Or vote-slaying Hale when they got killed by him and don't want to sit true waiting for others to get killed. Also, if such things would get available, you'll have reports comming in onto the server of abuse (then you need to check if it really is abuse) and gag the abuser and unban/ungag the abused person.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

The best CallAdmin plugin does not have a 'Report Ban' feature, it's easily implemented, but just adds more work, for somewhat little gain.
And this was already answered by Ben:
As already mentioned above by some of you. The spam of 150 servers would be unreal. I also find that a !report / !calladmin usually just results in a disappointed player, since 80% of the time there will be no admin avaliable.

Maybe there is a config file for the vote structure to include a "No Vote" at 1
Not without adding a plugin to revamp the voting system. Jailbreak is always going to be a mess. That's what the mode is.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The 'yes' option when voting to mute/slay/kick someone is indeed placed randomly on the menu that appears, it's no longer on '1' every time. 90% of votes still go through though, but that's usually because the vote is called for a valid reason.

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
60% of the time it bans people for invalid reasons.
Well, then that nullfies the point of the plugin if it falsely bans players.

Instead of touching the Jailbreak Plugin, why not just give Normal people the ability to votekick/slay/gag/mute and make the % to 75-95 to avoid abuse. Or add a Report plugin to notify admins and to avoid false reports, go on the server at 3-5 Reports on the same reason. (The only way to avoid abuse is to Report Ban (if avaible) the users that report when an admin is present because there is no plugin that requires an amount of reports to activate the notification.)
I already linked some Report Plugins here: http://blackwonder.tf/threads/new-public-commands.389/#post-1495

Hell no, even if the ratios were changed, people could still abuse the command by spamming it, people would most likely eventually click yes to vote, donors have this option if there are any around.

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

Yes but common sense would tell people abusing the voting system would have them punished or a better idea, have it temporarily/permanently removed from their use.

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

The best CallAdmin plugin does not have a 'Report Ban' feature, it's easily implemented, but just adds more work, for somewhat little gain.
And this was already answered by Ben:

Not without adding a plugin to revamp the voting system. Jailbreak is always going to be a mess. That's what the mode is.
Sadly jailbreak is one of my favourite non-competitive modes to play so having such a strange vote system feels wrong to maybe if votes worked like: 1)No vote 2)Yes 3) no
I agree it would take an entire revamp but would it be worth it?

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Don't give a vote-ing system to a bunch of kids. I would not even give it to adults, if you look how the Brexit went and how the President-selection is going in the US. lol :p

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I thought it was solved anyway as someone got marked as a Freekiller (was about to ban him for it) and he left instantly. Then next line it said "*player* has been banned for leaving while being marked as a freekiller." = problem solved.

For the once that do it subtile, you can easily record it as they keep doing it anyway. Make a report with evidence = problem solved.

Changing red team, if we remove this thread, barely anyone knows it. Those who do, get evidence and report = problem solved.

Donors, tell the donors whenever they do it, that they been a bit silly to kick him because he can just rejoin and do it again and that you have to let the system ban him (or an admin). = problem solved.

Legendary SpyCrab

Notably Dangerous

Spycrab

if would be after me i would update the plugin [sorry if im offensing someone] because i got banned for freekilling 3 times because it was something like warday etc and i didnt know i can avoid it

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

I thought it was solved anyway as someone got marked as a Freekiller (was about to ban him for it) and he left instantly. Then next line it said "*player* has been banned for leaving while being marked as a freekiller." = problem solved.

For the once that do it subtile, you can easily record it as they keep doing it anyway. Make a report with evidence = problem solved.

Changing red team, if we remove this thread, barely anyone knows it. Those who do, get evidence and report = problem solved.

Donors, tell the donors whenever they do it, that they been a bit silly to kick him because he can just rejoin and do it again and that you have to let the system ban him (or an admin). = problem solved.
Miyuki sadly as I have seen many times if you leave during the time granted of where an admin may pardon you if you leave you can still join back even if "Player was banned for disconnecting while marked as a freekiller" it doesn't really ban them at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom