Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Banning Keyboard Warriors - Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Keyboard Warriors is a minigame that involves the Warden saying something on mic and the REDs have to type out what was said.
This minigame is typically performed on the Yellow Line immediately after cells are opened. The standard 'reward' is the ability for the winning player to pick 3 REDs to die.

This minigame should be banned for the following reasons:

-The minigame is dependant on microphone quality and accent. If the Warden's mic is terrible, or their accent is too thick, it's almost impossible to understand and it becomes a guessing game.
-The REDs do not leave the cell area for the entire round, leading to a very uneventful, boring and controlled round that gives little to no opportunity for rebelling.
-The minigame can be 'cheated' by use of external comms between the Warden and a Prisoner, telling them what the word(s) may be before they're said and are able to have it pre-written.

Last edited:

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Give a full definition of Spelling Bee Sweeper. My understanding is that they have to type out what you say while also jumping over the sweeper bar, which makes it nearly impossible for anyone that hasn't got a good understanding of English text, and is not used to typing in English.

Supreme Leader(3)

Blackwonder's Own
Spelling bee sweeper is that all the Reds have to be on the same podium and warden have to say a word in mic and the first red to type out that word advance to the next podium, the first red to finish one cycle of the podiums in sweeper wins lr.

alex_

Truly Feared
keyboard warriors and spelling bee is both done by mic. the only difference is that in spelling bee, players don't die after each round. they progress to the next podium. first one to complete one cycle will get LR. the rest will die.

You are talking about "sweeper spelling bee", also problem with spelling bee: people say long words like pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

who keeps coming up with this lame and stale minigames? please ban and use the map minigames instead i am begging you.

It was my understanding that Keyboard Warriors was done over the text chat and Spelling Bee was done over the mic? While reading what I just typed, I feel like I’m mistaken, so if someone can clarify, that’d be appreciated.
keyboard warriors and spelling bee is both done by mic. the only difference is that in spelling bee, players don't die after each round. they progress to the next podium. first one to complete one cycle will get LR. the rest will die.

There's not even a defined way to do this kind of games, they are always freely set on how the warden feels like doing them, either chat or over mic, the only concept that doesn't change is the very basic idea of each game. spell the word correctly or parrot the warden correctly

and what's the problem with saying long words? it is said to make it difficult for players to spell.

I sure love joining my prefered Jailbreak server so watch a spelling bee show take whole round because the Warden felt like making reds spell the most complex things? The most decent thing a warden could do would be at least make the game be quick and constant instead of stalling everyone on the same are for the duration of the entire round.
Another major reason for this games to be banned is that they are so one-sided and warden dependant, if the warden happens to be a person with a chopped brittish australian accent have fun asking for repeats, or if the warden has poor internet connection and all we hear is a mic cutting in and out between sentences

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
ZA RESOLUTION IS PASSED.

Someone ping me on discord later tonight if I forget to update the rules page.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Keyboard Warriors is a minigame that involves the Warden saying something on mic and the REDs have to type out what was said.
This minigame is typically performed on the Yellow Line immediately after cells are opened. The standard 'reward' is the ability for the winning player to pick 3 REDs to die.

This minigame should be banned for the following reasons:

-The minigame is dependant on microphone quality and accent. If the Warden's mic is terrible, or their accent is too thick, it's almost impossible to understand and it becomes a guessing game.
-The REDs do not leave the cell area for the entire round, leading to a very uneventful, boring and controlled round that gives little to no opportunity for rebelling.
-The minigame can be 'cheated' by use of external comms between the Warden and a Prisoner, telling them what the word(s) may be before they're said and are able to have it pre-written.

-point 1 is moot, as a warden with a bad mic is already punishable and this can be said for any round.

-point 2 then out of cell and cell wars should be banned

- point 3 this can be the case or Simon says and DR too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom