Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Banning Keyboard Warriors - Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Keyboard Warriors is a minigame that involves the Warden saying something on mic and the REDs have to type out what was said.
This minigame is typically performed on the Yellow Line immediately after cells are opened. The standard 'reward' is the ability for the winning player to pick 3 REDs to die.

This minigame should be banned for the following reasons:

-The minigame is dependant on microphone quality and accent. If the Warden's mic is terrible, or their accent is too thick, it's almost impossible to understand and it becomes a guessing game.
-The REDs do not leave the cell area for the entire round, leading to a very uneventful, boring and controlled round that gives little to no opportunity for rebelling.
-The minigame can be 'cheated' by use of external comms between the Warden and a Prisoner, telling them what the word(s) may be before they're said and are able to have it pre-written.

Last edited:

Apple Pie™

Somewhat Threatening
i am crying
same, fortunately kbw is different from spelling bee sweeper as reds do not get to choose who dies and who doesn't but instead there is an objective that they have to get to. and they are not restricted to being afk thus will not be moved to spectator. It can't be considered as a cheating factor as the games above will also count as cheating for example a guard giving free run to a certain player(deathrun), not choosing the button a player is hiding under (stage chaos), ghosting location (external communications with both parties allowing).

Last edited:

rage

Scarcely Lethal

rage

Don't you think it's unfair for the people who are gagged? There is no way for them to be able to participate in the minigame aswell as from little to no chance possible of winning lr.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

" It can't be considered as a cheating factor as the games above will also count as cheating for example a guard giving free run to a certain player(deathrun), not choosing the button a player is hiding under (stage chaos), ghosting location (external communications with both parties allowing)."

A guard giving a freerun to one or more REDs, excluding all of them, is favouritism.
Stage chaos you will not usually know who is hiding behind which prop on the stage unless they do a voice line or a taunt that reveals position, such as pyro's 'rocking horse' taunt.
Ghosting is directly against the rules and is actively punished in Jailbreak.

None of the above examples you gave are considered cheating. What's considered cheating is entering and exiting, and going to the finish of Obby; using external communications to give your friends the answers to questions in Trivia (Jeopardy), or any other question-based, or type-to-win, minigame; using someone in spectator to reveal locations, again via external comms. You see where I'm going with this?

Considering you were the Warden that initiated KBW when I was on LA JB last night, and you allowed the RED to pick 3 people to die, means your statement about people not being able to pick who dies is completely washed out.

Apple Pie™

Somewhat Threatening
I'm saying in the way of external communication and the game I am now talking abt is spelling bee sweeper which is different. I'm voting with you, not against

theawesomecrispy

Somewhat Threatening

Crispy

Nothing positive ever comes from this minigame. Only people misunderstanding the thick accents of the wardens and spamming repeat then yelling freekill when half the team gets killed because one person can type fast. Ping is also a thing to bring up, with people having ping 100+ they have a significant delay and gives an advantage to anyone who lives closer to the servers.

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Sufficiently Lethal
Basically the same thing, if warden has an inaudible mic then whats the point? And if you actually got it right you get to pick how many you kill based on warden just for parroting them

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
It was my understanding that Keyboard Warriors was done over the text chat and Spelling Bee was done over the mic? While reading what I just typed, I feel like I’m mistaken, so if someone can clarify, that’d be appreciated.

Apple Pie™

Somewhat Threatening
keyboard warriors and spelling bee is both done by mic. the only difference is that in spelling bee, players don't die after each round. they progress to the next podium. first one to complete one cycle will get LR. the rest will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom