Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Baddie's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddie

Unremarkable
User name: Baddie

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from?
US | Advanced Dodgeball

Who has punished you?
Silorak/Zonas

Why were you punished?
Falsely accused of auto-airblast cheat

Why should we revoke your punishment?
First of all. I play at high sensitivity to have better control over the rocket and better reaction times. My exact settings are 21.25 sensitivity @ 1600 DPI. Try it out for yourself, you get used to it and you'll be flicking almost every shot as well and find it's really easy to 180 quickly for backshots, you can also do 180's and 360's with minimal movement of the hand.

I talked to silorak who pointed me at zonas. Zonas added me and we talked but zonas refused to give me any evidence. Chatlogs are as follows:

------ Chat history with Silorak ------

[1:22 PM]
A Baddie:
yo wtf?
can you explain to me why in the hell you think i was cheating?

[1:24 PM]
Silorak:
Accept z0nas

------ Chat history with Zonas ------

[1:25 PM]
A Baddie:
zonas can you explain to me why in the heck i was banned for cheating when i don't cheat?

[1:26 PM]
ɀonas390:
We watched you for a long time
It is obvious
We didn't hard ban you, you can make a smurf if you want and stop cheating
We recorded everything

[1:28 PM]
A Baddie:
I play with high sens, 21.25 @ 1600 dpi, do you not know what flicks are?
i would love to see the recordings

[1:28 PM]
ɀonas390:
You know yourself that you are hacking
Just stop

[1:30 PM]
A Baddie:
not cheating, and it honestly bothers me that i'm being accused of it

[1:31 PM]
ɀonas390:
It is easy to see

[1:33 PM]
A Baddie:
explain how it is you think i'm cheating if it's so easy to see? Is it because i flick to the left like 90% of the time? like i said i play at high sens to have better control of the rocket

[1:33 PM]
ɀonas390:
I will probably make a compilation of when you hit the rocket behind you without looking back
That's only one example

[1:34 PM]
A Baddie:
flicking to the left is just habit, it's easier than flicking to the right where i tend to over-exert. when i back-shot i do look back tho.

[1:35 PM]
ɀonas390:
We have the demos anyway

A Baddie:
and i'm telling you i'd love to see them so i can understand where you think i'm cheating

ɀonas390:
You know you are cheating
go check your own ban
we uploaded the demo

[1:37 PM]
A Baddie:
thank you, i'll go watch it

[1:43 PM]
A Baddie:
not seeing anything you wanna gimme some ticks?

[1:53 PM]
ɀonas390:

[1:56 PM]
A Baddie:
where i flicked up and pulled a rocket down?

[2:02 PM]
A Baddie:
how about shortly after that where i'm flicking to the left and airblasting an oncoming rocket a teammate is stealing before it gets to me. must be auto airblast if i'm predictively flicking and airblasting even a rocket that's being stolen right?
in fact the only time i see a rocket getting airblasted behind me in that demo when i'm not looking at it with a flick or otherwise is when contessa off to my left steals one then retreats.
any other ticks?

[2:04 PM]
ɀonas390:
Actually
The whole demo is against you
Please Baddie
You know you are cheating

[2:10 PM]
A Baddie:
I'm not, and it honestly pisses me off that you're accusing me. give me some ticks and some hard evidence- because i honestly think you're mistaken.
and the fact that you can't cite any isn't helping.
17200 miss an airblast, orbit, then recover with 2nd airblast. must be auto airblast cheat right?
ffs

[2:13 PM]
ɀonas390:
You won't stop ah
Alright
That is all for me, Make an appeal on the forum to defend yourself

[2:14 PM]
A Baddie:
guess i'll have to if you won't provide evidence
and refuse to admit your mistake

I also took screenshots of this chat in case the copy-paste isn't acceptable.

With that out of the way, I'm here to make an appeal. I'm seeing exactly no evidence of my alleged auto-airblast in the demo. I don't cheat and I'm offended that I've been accused of it.

the one tick i was given 8800 you can clearly see me flick up to try and pull down an upspike, something i and others do regularly. In fact, i do it more successfully at the following ticks around that same time:
7700 - flick up and then pull down and to the right to what i had hoped would be a direct.
8400 - flick up and pull down to a downspike
8600 - flick up and pull down to a downspike
you can see where this is habit i hope? If you do this properly on a wave server, and are more gentle with the rocket you can wave the rocket making it harder to hit. In fact, on a wave server you want to try and catch it below your crosshair and pull down more gently so that it waves. However, yanking down an upspike isn't a difficult thing to do, especially with high sens. Even then if it's a really sharp upspike, and none of these were, all you need to do is step to the left and then orbit it, or even better(especially if it's a no-bounce or limited bounce server) turn around 180 degrees and upspike it back.

Silorak pointed me to Zonas and Zonas has not been forthcoming with ticks or any sort of evidence so I will try and list some ticks where i think they may have made a mistake, and elaborate upon that mistake to clear it up.

at around tick 10000 you can watch me predictively try to(and fail to) airblast a rocket going to a teammate that's too close for comfort. I don't think auto-airblast cheats would make that mistake and miss. in fact, throughout the demo you can often see me missing slower rockets by airblasting too soon and then having to recover and airblast them a second time. Wouldn't an auto airblast cheat not miss these?

21500 - guy behind me steals the rocket and hits it in the other direction around the same time that i try to airblast it. demo is in first-person i play in thirdperson, but i totally get why the demo is in firstperson. nothing wrong with that, just have to be mindful that there's going to be a discrepency in view angle on things like dodgeball. You can typically tell when someone is firstperson or thirdperson by where they tend to aim. If they aim more towards the ground it means they're in thirdperson and tilting the view to see past their model better. If their aim is more player-level it usually means they're in first-person. if- while watching the demo you type "sv_cheats 1" into console then type "thirdperson" you can view the demo in thirdperson which is important for this particular instance where while you can't see the other teammate in first person, if you switch to third-person you can clearly see by the trail that proves the guy behind and to the left of me got the rocket and I didn't, though we both airblasted at that rocket hence the odd discrepency between my flick and the direction the rocket went.

27000 - i flicked to a rocket missed the airblast, and orbited to recover then finally hit the rocket. Must be cheats right? come on now.

27200 - i backshot a rocket that you couldn't see well in first person, not once but twice. both were backshots. again i play in thirdperson with high sens this makes turning around and flicking much easier. the rocket wasn't behind me when i airblasted it and the demo clearly shows me turning to backshot it, especially if you play it at 50% speed and can see me turn more easily. the second backshot looks a bit strange in first person as you don't see the rocket well, but again i play in thirdperson so to see this how i saw it as i saw it "sv_cheats 1" and "thirdperson" in console. If it were some sort of aimbot you'd think that i'd snap directly to the center of the rocket- but i don't do that even once in the entirety of the demo.

33400 - another missed flick, orbit, and then recovery with second airblast. Must be cheats right? /sarcasm.

seriously though, i'm offended that i've been actually accused of cheating, i went over the demo and couldn't really find any evidence of it. That's probably because i don't cheat. I've even asked other players to review the demo and see if they can point out anything sketchy so i could look at it and point it out here. but none of them could give me ticks where anything looked like i was cheating.

I did find this gem at the end of the demo though after i missed the rocket with an airblast and died.

(ADMINS) Lighty: He doesn't seem to hack
(ADMINS) Lighty: let's ban baddie
(ADMINS) Lighty: I do it?
[SourceBans++] Permanently banned player "A Baddie" (reason: Auto-airblast).

Every auto-airblast cheater i've ever seen in dodgeball (and i've reported several here on blackwonder myself!) has no rocket control, can't flick, drag, spike, or even orbit. All things I've exhibited the ability to do in this demo. I'm really at a loss as to how I was mistaken as a cheater even after reviewing the demo beyond the one point where i backshotted a rocket that firstperson made difficult to see but was plainly visible in thirdperson, and the one time a teammate stole a rocket behind me when i tried to airblast it but they got it instead. Both of which i've easily explained. So I must ask you to either consider that your admins were mistaken and remove this ban or provide some evidence that i've been cheating because not only can i not see it in the demo provided, i don't cheat so there is no evidence to be had. i'm honestly upset that i've been falsely accused of cheating. Perhaps they took the joking in chat at the beginning of the demo too seriously?

P.S. your admins shouldn't really be encouraging ban evasion as zonas did- even if the ban was bullcrap, i'd rather appeal it and hopefully someone sensible will watch the demo and realize there's zero evidence of any cheating.

Last edited:

Baddie

Unremarkable
This is the same demo from sourcebans right? thanks for adding it here as well.

I and other players whom have viewed it have been unable to find any spot where it shows that I was cheating, nor does it show me hitting rockets behind me without looking as was alleged by zonas. I understand I flick fast due to high sens, but even when backshotting It's easily visible in the demo that during that flick i'm looking at or in the general direction of the rocket. At no point do i snap directly to the center of the rocket or perfectly track it as is common in auto-airblast cheats- including those that I've reported myself.

for comparison- you can find some of the cheaters i've reported here:

look at the way they aim, the way they move, the way they have no rocket control, don't flick, drag, spike, or exhibit movement skill like orbits. Some of them repeatedly snap dead center to the rocket or track it perfectly. They just hit everything dead on with unnatural movement. Now look at my movement in the demo, my flicks, drags, orbits, misses, even having the rocket stolen by people behind me indicating clearly that i airblasted later to spite me being positioned more forward and closer to the oncoming rocket. What about any of that indicates a cheat?

Again, please consider that a mistake was made, spend the time to fairly evaluate this demo, inspect anything you find suspicious in slow motion and or third-person. I think you'll find there's really no evidence of cheats to be had in the demo. To spite the quick movement due to high sens I think you'll find my aim doesn't snap to the rocket, other players, or anything else- and very clearly moves rather than snaps even for the quick flicks.

If you insist on denying this appeal please provide ticks in this demo or otherwise some form of proper evidence rather than this ill-founded 'you cheat because i said so' nonsense.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This is the same demo from sourcebans right? thanks for adding it here as well.

I and other players whom have viewed it have been unable to find any spot where it shows that I was cheating, nor does it show me hitting rockets behind me without looking as was alleged by zonas. I understand I flick fast due to high sens, but even when backshotting It's easily visible in the demo that during that flick i'm looking at or in the general direction of the rocket. At no point do i snap directly to the center of the rocket or perfectly track it as is common in auto-airblast cheats- including those that I've reported myself.

for comparison- you can find some of the cheaters i've reported here:

look at the way they aim, the way they move, the way they have no rocket control, don't flick, drag, spike, or exhibit movement skill like orbits. Some of them repeatedly snap dead center to the rocket or track it perfectly. They just hit everything dead on with unnatural movement. Now look at my movement in the demo, my flicks, drags, orbits, misses, even having the rocket stolen by people behind me indicating clearly that i airblasted later to spite me being positioned more forward and closer to the oncoming rocket. What about any of that indicates a cheat?

Again, please consider that a mistake was made, spend the time to fairly evaluate this demo, inspect anything you find suspicious in slow motion and or third-person. I think you'll find there's really no evidence of cheats to be had in the demo. To spite the quick movement due to high sens I think you'll find my aim doesn't snap to the rocket, other players, or anything else- and very clearly moves rather than snaps even for the quick flicks.

If you insist on denying this appeal please provide ticks in this demo or otherwise some form of proper evidence rather than this ill-founded 'you cheat because i said so' nonsense.
To be honest, I am not even at my computer. I just thought it was appropriate to attach it to the appeal.

You are trying to drop off some argumentum ad ignorantiam with a dash of red herring and forcing a false dichotomy: 1. That you have reported cheaters; therefore, you can not be a cheater. 2. You weren't doing the same things that you reported people for; therefore, you were not cheating.

Respectfully, we do not care if your friends viewed it. We are aware of the array of cheating software and their abilities. This will be reviewed by other staff.

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
Here's a small part of the demo that I recorded. This is only a small part, I suggest you to watch the entire demo in slow motion and judge by yourself.
"Click here for the video"

I think I have enough experience in this gamemode to tell that you are cheating.

Attachments

• baddielol.dem
    19.8 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom