Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined AxelAlex's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAlex

User name: AxelAlex

Name
AxelAlex - My ingame name is Kawasaki H2R (Advanced).

Your Age

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID
"Kawasaki H2R (Advanced)" [U:1:128589775]

Your DiscordID
- I do not currently have a Discord account, however if absolutely required, I can make one.

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
(NOT TF2.)
Ultima Online - Current Online World, TAR - The Alter Realm, XMLUber (as an Owner and Developer, with a rough player number of 120+)
Diablo 2 - (Technically game-play rooms, but run like a server - MYSTieDIABLOSPEEDRUN)
Minecraft - Spazzi's MC World

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
TF2 CP_ORANGE-based servers, so the normal, crit, 10x, 100x, etc.
TF2 Dodgeball servers.
Also the minecraft server if that requires mods, and builders as well, if you want a couple buildings built.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Generally to help out around the servers and (especially at this time with COVID 19) ease a bit of the strain that may have begun with the sudden influx of players on the servers.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
With the current lockdown status in the UK, nearly constantly. Once the world turns to normal, GMT+1 18:00-22:00, with sporadic times after that. I play whenever I get time, or when I feel like gaming. Weekends are, again, sporadic. I work on cars for a living, so between working on my own/friend's cars on the weekends and gaming, I usually have to pick one or the other.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Depending on what the server is, I would follow any guidelines given, and if no guidelines are given, refer to server rules and make an educated, at-my-discretion decision. In my experience on other servers, the best way to deal with it is a case-by-case basis and either de-escalate an issue, fix an issue or just entirely remove the issue. If the issue is the player, and it cannot be de-escalated, I'll fix it. If it cannot be fixed, I'll remove it. If it cannot be removed, it gets banned.

There's never an easy/right answer to a scenario, but there is a 'best' answer to a scenario. A mod or admin should be able to, maybe not make the 'right' choice, but the best choice.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
3.8k hours on TF2, unknow-but-pretty-high hours on Minecraft, probably 20k+ hours spent in Ultima Online many of which as a Game Master/Administrator/Developer/Owner.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom