Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined autoban for freekilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Console

Server Clearing
so everytime there is a freekiller they can just kill reds over and over again but i think why not we add the autoban freekilling i cant 100% rememeber the name but its like this if a guard kills over i think 7-10 people the console is gonna remove the weapons from the freekiller and then after it says <player> will be banned for freekilling in 20 sec i think it was and i think why not add it since there is so many freekillers :)

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

α΄„ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€ Ι’ΙͺΚ€ΚŸ

MECHA-G

I'm gonna say no on this, because what if the person mass-killed a bunch of people not listening to their instructions? Like say for instance it's Out of Cell Rebel Day and then the Warden says to go to the yellow line. 7-10 people not paying attention might run to the line, get killed and then the poor Warden would be banned for doing his job. Not entirely fair or trustworthy methinks.

Eric61485

Spectacularly Lethal

Kyde

I don't think that the person should be automaticly banned, because as @GRXD [ α΄„Κœ ] said, if some people aren't paying attention and the someone kills them when it was Out of Cell Rebell day or Lava day, then it wouldn't be fair to ban the person that killed the prisioners.

But, I was thinking about adding a menu, that only shows when you die and you can choose if it was freekill, massive freekill or nothing, and then if the person get a lot of votes, then the person gets kicked/banned (Depending if it was freekill or massive freekill).

Of course without abusing it. :p

Last edited:

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

α΄„ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€ Ι’ΙͺΚ€ΚŸ

MECHA-G

cant you do so warden can kill about 15 people or so?

That wouldn't make much of a difference, I don't think, as Wardens freekill, too. The issue with Jailbreak (also the reason I don't play it so much) is freekillers in general. There's either a freekiller on or somebody screaming "freekill" when no such thing happened. I'm surprised it's practically the most popular gamemode on our servers.

I'm just an admin btw, I can't make changes like this. That's what good ol' Bene is here for. I'm curious to see where this goes, though.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Auto-ban is trash on Jailbreak servers that have it installed, because it only sees it as not a freekill if the deceased has hit a BLU. It usually results in someone doing their job getting unjustly banned (example being if a bunch of RED's are running towards the breakables on armoury and not obeying warden's orders, the warden HAS to kill them for rebelling. But then the plugin would see it as mass freekill).

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
But, I was thinking about adding a menu, that only shows when you die and you can choose if it was freekill, massive freekill or nothing, and then if the person get a lot of votes, then the person gets kicked/banned (Depending if it was freekill or massive freekill).
As you said "without abusing it", that wouldn't be possible.
Scenario: 6/9 reds are killed and they are salty because they were killed, they vote freekill and because so many people said freekill other people will join in (like with /rtv, /fire and votemenu)

That is kinda my reason to say no if there is a good alternative then I can agree.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

We originally had this sytem in place, and it caused more problems than it fixed. Also it was easily avoidable, so it was completely worthless.

Luna

Mildly Menacing

legend

Admins can teamban the player for actually freekilling, or a donor can kick them and call an admin.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Declining the suggestion due to the reasons stated above and the votes in favour of no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom