Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Chan

Hunter

Personal Information

Name: Hunter Kant

Your Age: 21

Your SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hunterksenpai/

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?

Yes.

If Yes, which ones?

PBFortress.

Are you familiar with admin commands?

Yes.

On which servers do you usually play?

Jailbreak and trade

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?

Just like when I was an admin and then high-admin over at PBfortress, I chose to pursue adminship because I am selfish. I mean that, I genuinely cannot stand being in a jailbreak server without staff, therefore I like to assume the role as to guarantee order in the server. That does not mean that I am brazen or hasty or power hungry, I simply want the game to be played as intended.

Do you know any of our current staff members?

Perhaps, but I just found this server and I am aware that it looks really bad to be a new random applying for this position but like I said I might know some staff here but I have yet to talk to a single staff member.

If Yes, please tell us the their names.

N/A

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.

I normally play at night (Eastern Standard time) but because of school and work it is really random, normally this means I'm up at odd hours when everyone else is asleep. This further makes me want to apply.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

Hackers are zero tolerance, unless we have backwards standards here I would permaban hackers. Although I always make sure before issuing a permanent ban to ensure that they are indeed guilty. Spammers can be dealt with easily, if they don't listen to warnings then a temporary silence is issued, the length of the silence will be proportional to their history of mutes/gags. Simple rule-breaking in the context of Jailbreak is dealt with by warnings, then slays, and depending on the severity of the rule breaking which in my experience is overwhelmingly free-killing, I would take proper action. An example is Fred, Fred is our hypothetical free-killer, he free-killed two people for no reason but swears he didn't realize what was happening. Fred is slayed. Now consider Tod, Tod is a known hooligan and free-killer and at the start of the round Todd mass free-kills the entire red team. This, depending on the history will determine the length of his blue ban.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.

Returning TF2 player with over 1k hours, I have been admin and above at PBfortress for over 3 years and involved with the community even longer. Although I left back in 2016 and now that I am back the servers are no more. Ironically I am a physics major and have not taken a programming course yet but I plan to learn Python and LaTex soon. I honestly won't be on super often but I would wager that having me apart of the team for any time I can be here would be a net good. Also, If it were me reviewing this application as I did in PBfortress many a time, I would probably deny this application. Why? Well because nobody knows me. So why am I still applying if I were to deny my own application? I still am going to apply because there is a reasonable chance that past PBfortress staff may be here or perhaps you high-admins are willing to roll the dice on me. My previous names can be summed as the following; Hunter-Chan, Hunter-Senpai, Hunterkant, Isohedral. If these names don't ring a bell then we probably don't know each other.
Thank you for your consideration.
Regards,
Hunter

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro Hunter,

first off, let me get this straight.
I would probably deny this application. Why? Well because nobody knows me
I don't just deny applications just because "nobody knows you" (in my head). I personally go through every aspect and evaluate you and use that information to accept or decline the application.

Hackers are zero tolerance, unless we have backwards standards here I would permaban hackers. Although I always make sure before issuing a permanent ban to ensure that they are indeed guilty. Spammers can be dealt with easily, if they don't listen to warnings then a temporary silence is issued, the length of the silence will be proportional to their history of mutes/gags. Simple rule-breaking in the context of Jailbreak is dealt with by warnings, then slays, and depending on the severity of the rule breaking which in my experience is overwhelmingly free-killing, I would take proper action. An example is Fred, Fred is our hypothetical free-killer, he free-killed two people for no reason but swears he didn't realize what was happening. Fred is slayed. Now consider Tod, Tod is a known hooligan and free-killer and at the start of the round Todd mass free-kills the entire red team. This, depending on the history will determine the length of his blue ban.
This is not sufficient for a punishment list. Please take a look at some accepted applications to get an idea to what we're expecting.

Perhaps, but I just found this server and I am aware that it looks really bad to be a new random applying for this position but like I said I might know some staff here but I have yet to talk to a single staff member.
You're right, just coming here and applying without even playing is not a good thing.
I've got no idea why Tfstats has not a single log under your name, either it's a glitch or you haven't even connected to our servers once.

After doing some digging, I found some of your records on someone else's demo playing Jailbreak. I can see from this one interaction that you seem a bit aggrivated at times, which is not good.
1565045391811.png

1565045663782.png

I'd say, please gather some playtime and experience, as not all communities are the same. Your experience in PBFortress would certainly be a plus for me, but without decent playtime, you might not understand the rules and the unspoken rules that are the norm here.

Last edited:

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
I’ve seen you for about 10 minutes ingame and my first impression with you are not good. You called a demo some colorful names just because he was stacking with you. While this won’t be a deciding factor on whether this application is accepted or not, first impressions are very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom