Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Alternate Machiko's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your type of punishment?:
Ban

What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:74032711

What server were you banned from?
Dodgeball Australia.

Who has punished you?
Y3p

Why were you punished?
Blocking/Stealing

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I absolutely did not exercise any action that would warrant a ban as a consequence. I have a whole server full of people who can agree with me by saying that I didn't steal once (intentionally) nor did I "body block" any of the enemy team; in fact, I was about 5 steps from the nearest person. I unfortunately don't have evidence to support my claim (no screenshots or videos).

Konny

Notably Dangerous

Konny

Hey alternate Machiko,
I was very lenient with you. During the game there were multiple times where you were blocking (standing in front of them and reflecting in their face) and stealing. I did watch all of this in spectator, and im not sure why you are lying. Your past ban history also shows that you tend to block and steal often, i gave you more then one warning and also smited you a few times. i feel my punishment was appropriate. You were also being very toxic in game but i decided to leave it with a warning. Also, i do know you ban evade so please don't do that again. (your alt has also been banned from ban evasion before.)
For the reasons listed above, this is why i believe you should not get unbanned. Also, the only reason why the whole server would agree with you is because they all know and are friends with you.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Baddie

Unremarkable
Ok, first as a disclaimer- I'm not staff so please don't misunderstand this reply as being official. Additionally I have no say in your appeal- which I suspect will be declined as the duration is only 1 week for numerous repeated violations of the same rule. However, I am familiar with the DodgeBall game mode, and the rules on BlackWonder- and by the content of your appeal I think you may be misunderstanding the blocking/stealing rules that you've been punished for repeatedly violating. (SourceBans says you've had a 30 minute, 1 day, 2 day, and now 1 week ban for blocking/stealing from two different admins on several occasions.)

Blocking is not limited to merely body-blocking(preventing player movement) and I think that's the crux of the misunderstanding you're having. The rule is written as follows:
Do not block other players
Do not stand close enough to enemy players to immediately reflect rockets they airblast
and you can find that rule on the dodgeball rules page here: https://blackwonder.tf/wiki/dodgeball-rules/

The no-stealing rule is also written there, you'll find it says:

Do not steal rockets from each other
Give everyone a chance to actually play the game. If the rocket targets you, then you deal with it.
Stealing on the "Advanced Dodgeball" servers is allowed

Stealing is simply reflecting a rocket that was not targeting you. (99% of the time you'll hear a beep when it is targeting you.) While not permitted on easy servers at all- and automatically punished via plugin, on the advanced servers you can do this at any point in it's flight- but you may still run afoul of the blocking rule if you are close enough to the enemy player to immediately reflect the rocket they're airblasting. Stealing is not permitted on easy servers for an obvious reason. It's difficult for players to learn how to time their reflects and control the rocket during their reflects if they never actually get the rocket. The non-advanced DodgeBall servers run a plugin that automatically slay repeat offenders, but the way it enforces it can still be abused as it doesn't enforce on spawn rockets and you still have to steal 2-3 times in a round before it will automatically slay you for stealing.

The more important point to make clear is that the blocking rule not only covers body-blocking(preventing player movement) but also encompasses a version of 'shot-blocking' as it's called in some sports. EG in BasketBall you can legally deflect a shot taken by another player as long as you do so after the ball leaves their hand and do not come in contact with their hand when blocking the shot, otherwise it's a foul. Similarly- Here on BlackWonder's advanced dodgeball servers - while stealing is allowed and you can reflect a rocket not targeting you - you still may not block by attempting to insta-reflect rockets shot by other players in an attempt to kill them with it before their airblast is off of cooldown. (Think of it as smacking a ball out of their hands). This same blocking rule applies to the non-advanced Dodgeball servers where stealing is not permitted at all.

What this means is you can not get into someone's face and try to kill them by airblasting a rocket they just reflected so that it hits them before their airblast is off of cooldown. It doesn't take any skill to kill someone with a rocket the game won't let them hit by simply predicting the timing of a single airblast. That's exactly what the rule is intended to provent. To be clear however, CQC IS Allowed, and it's entirely possible to CQC without blocking.

If you're concerned over the vagueness of distance required to be in violation of this rule, then I'll remind you that the pyro's airblast is a rather large collision volume sized 256 hammer units wide , by 256hu long, by 128hu tall. For visual reference:

For argument's sake 1 hammer unit is 1/16th of a foot or 1.904cm. you can literally be 3m away from someone and still kill them with an instant reflect as the length of the collision volume for the pyro's airblast is 4.87424 meters.

Can you be closer than that without blocking? Yes. Intent matters. You can stand on an enemy head(which typically they have to let you on by crouching first) without trying to instantly reflect the rockets they get, and that's fine. You can also stand on their head try to reflect the rocket every time they airblast it, and that isn't okay as it falls under blocking/attempted blocking.

again to recap:
It's entirely possible to CQC without blocking.

It's entirely possible to be near an enemy player without trying to insta-reflect the rocket they've just airblasted.

What is not permitted is standing close to an enemy with the express intention of trying to instantly reflect the rocket the moment they do so that it goes back and hits them while their airblast is still on cooldown.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom