Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Allowing moderators to choose gamemodes to handle, how an expansion of power range can be benefitial

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

As many of you know, moderators choose individual servers at the time of applying, when they become moderators they are only allowed to moderate those specific servers they've chosen, being a moderator is a voluntary thing and needless to say this community is thankful for the amount of people to take time of their days to help us plebs with in-game issues, however, this way in which moderator volunteer but their power is limited to a few servers brings situations where they have been available but are unable to attend an issue. Why do moderators pick servers individually like this?
Benedevil said:
Firstly, so we can evaluate if they are fit for the admin role. Secondly, many people only wish to moderate a few servers and will always only moderate those. We used to only have the admin role, but when they leave a mess behind it's usually a much bigger job to clean it. Having this step between gives us more control
The suggestion i offer today is to allow moderators and future applicants, at the moment of filling their application, the option to moderate an entire gamemode, regardless of region. I believe this option alone can bring a benefit for the community as it would be great for those who have had the initiative to respond to requests for help but end up being limited, i also believe it would allow future applicants to embrace their wish to help the community to the capacity the wish to. In the hypothetical case that this was implemented, current moderators could choose between keeping their chosen servers as the one to moderate, or switch and moderate servers based on gamemode (Jailbreak, Dodgeball, Deathrun, etc).

As always, thanks for reading this suggestion and it is open to discussion for any feedback

normie

Totally Ordinary
I do not see a reason wrong with this other than a certain language barrier in the brazilian servers

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
The best way of putting it is that there's a lot to dissect. The communities opinions on these things obviously are important so I think their opinions should be taken into consideration, but more importantly than them the actual staff since it directly effects us now and any future applicants. I can't speak for anyone else specifically but if you want to reach out and discuss in depth feel free to ping me in discord dms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom