Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined AlexInWonderland's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexInWonderland

User name: AlexInWonderland

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:494992588

Who has punished you?
Console

Why were you punished?
[Anti-Cheat] Aimbot Detected (AA) | Weapon: tf_weapon_sniperrifle

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I was banned while I wasn't using my sniper rifle, and for the fact that I wasn't cheating.
The team and I were having a friendly time in the Blu sniper nest. I was going with their "spinbot cheating" joke by doing "+right" and "cl_yawspeed 500" in console. I was then automatically banned when I turned up my mouse sensitivity settings and my DPI and started looking up and down in a fast manner.

The ban was implemented not even 5 seconds after my mouse mistake.
My theory is that your anti cheat "SMAC" falsely detected aimbot in my client due to that I was flicking because of my high mouse sensitivity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jim

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
AA only bans when you actually shoot people. I find it unlikely you were spinning really really fast and shooting people at the same time legitimately. Maybe you thought the anti smac button would keep you safe from our custom anticheat?

AlexInWonderland

Very premature for you to assume that I'm cheating without any evidence.
Having me banned by your anti-cheat isn't really evidence at all.
And I wasn't shooting when I got banned, and you can confirm it by looking through your replays.
"Your "custom" "anti-cheat" banned me when I was "shooting" at people while spinning". I thought I mentioned that we were in a friendly trance? Why would I be shooting in a friendly trance while spinning and with high mouse sensitivity?
Just so you know, just because it's "custom" doesn't mean it's always right when it bans people. You're an admin and you should know how to see a replay of my ban. Go ahead and see if I was shooting while I was spinning.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
You realize the anticheat is a piece of code that will only trigger when certain actions are met? Being friendly will not trigger the anti cheat nor will spinning around. Neither of these reasons are listed on why the anticheat banned you either.

If you think "I don't know if your anticheat works or not" is going to get you unbanned that is incorrect. If your story and the anticheat's story do not match up we are going to side with the anticheat.

AlexInWonderland

Yes, your anticheat is a piece of code that only triggers when something is done, and I'm not sure if I should be banned for "Aimbot Detected" when I'm spinning and not even shooting, considering this certain code only runs when the person is shooting a weapon.

I do understand that programs can have bugs and little mishaps, and I think you should know that too. Anticheat can mess up sometimes, and the fact that yours is "custom" doesn't mean that it's immune to little errors and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom