Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined AheadOfDerb's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AheadOfDerb

Type of Punishment

Muted
Steam ID

STEAM_0:1:235588325
Admin Who Punished

10000 Cold Knights
Reason

overtalk+screaming, priors
Why I should be unbanned

1: I wasn't Overtaking anyone because the round hadn't even started yet, and there was not a warden, or admin trying to talk to the server
2: I wasn't Screaming, I was agreeing with someone about a red team retribution since the last round was absolutely ridiculous
3: I feel as if I was muted for the sake of being muted, I wasn't even on the server for four minutes before I was muted, before a round started, and it happened discretely. And that is why I feel like I should be unbanned

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Howdy Derb,
So you seem to have gotten the circumstances of your mute a little mixed up. Let me clarify them for you:
1) The round had just started, and Fock was attempting to give orders.
2) While trying to do so, you and another red were screaming "Repeat!" at the top of your lungs, at which point I warned you both to stop overtalking warden.
3) Although this did cause you to stop, you immediately proceeded to overtalk his next order, which prompted the mute.
You have been warned, and muted, multiple times for talking over the warden (this is your fourth), hence why only the one warning was given. If you cannot use your microphone responsibly, you may soon be permanently muted.
Demo of incident is attached. Will likely be declining this if no additional input is given.

Attachments

• REPEAT.dem
    2.8 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

AheadOfDerb

I can't play the .dem file because of something with non matching codec I don't really know. Do you possible have another .dem file or a fix for it?
Also I didn't hear the warning was it in console, did you vc, how do you communicate the warning? This is what I meant when "it happened discretely" because I never saw er heard a warning.

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
you have trouble playing a demo? Demos are files that just contain coordinates and other information, not an actual video file. That means only a source engine game can use the file (that's why they're so small).
First off, move the demo to your tf folder, located in the steam directory/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf.
You need to open TF2, use the console and type DEMOUI.
Then load the demo and you should be able to play it.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
This may prove useful.

AheadOfDerb

After looking over the demo I figured out that I did get the circumstances mixed up I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought I got muted in castle map not in snowball, but I never heard any warning and looking over the demo again I could not find where the warning was
announced?

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Tick 1400. You were also told to stop in chat by one of the donors at that time. Regardless, warnings or not, isn't it common sense to not engage in behavior that's gotten you muted at least twice prior to this?

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    169.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    169.4 KB · Views: 137

AheadOfDerb

Yeah it is common sense to not engage, That's why I waited out the other 2 mutes the only reason why I made this appeal was because I got the circumstances mixed up and I thought I got false punished which I wasn't, so I'll be waiting out the mute punishment. (also I have chat disabled because of my config for competitive play.}

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Disabling chat whilst playing Jailbreak may not be the smartest move, especially if warden does trivia or something. Just a recommendation.
Declining as per players response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom