Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed AFK Kicker on VSH/FF2 Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
That's the 5th time i see an AFK player on one of BlackWonder servers, i was playing VSH and a player (which i don't want to mention the name) was AFK without being kicked, probably farming credits, i really want this server to have an AFK Kicker, Hales always kills the players before, so they don't get crits, and Hale spawns with more HP.

Sorry for my bad english :/

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I agree with this completely. If a player goes AFK all they are doing is screwing over their team mates. It raises Hale's HP to account for a player that is not going to be fighting, thus making Hale stronger than he should be, and Hales always kill AFKs last in order to prevent the last player alive from having crits. Also, AFK Hales are just a waste of a round.

This would be a great thing to add to the VSH/FF2 servers.

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

I vaguely recall a conversation a few months ago, where this topic was being discussed. Most didn't quite like any sort of afk managing plugins.
I'm not even sure if this is true or not, as it's a conversation that occurred months ago.
However, opinions change overtime, and it might be something that could be looked into more.

I personally would like to see this in at least in some of the servers, VSH being one of them.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Me and Buster brainstormed a new concept for an AFK mechanic, which I started writing last night.
We only intended it to be active when the server was almost full though, due to the controversy that surrounds AFK managing plugins.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Me and Buster brainstormed a new concept for an AFK mechanic, which I started writing last night.
We only intended it to be active when the server was almost full though, due to the controversy that surrounds AFK managing plugins.

I think it should run full time on VSH. Where as on Jailbreak or x10 just having some dude not do anything is not a big problem, having a player not doing anything on either side of VSH screws with the balance of the game itself. Especially when there are only a small amount of people on the servers.

For example, if there were only 4 people on a VSH server and one of them was AFK, it would mean either two active REDs and one active BLU or 3 active REDs and no active BLU. Now, we all know why an AFK Hale sucks, because it's simply a waste of a round, but when there are only two people fighting a hale who's health is adjusted for three people, the Hale is going to be overpowered. Not to mention, neither of those two players are going to have crits. Usually if there are only two players left alive, each player gets mini crits to help make the odds tilt a little less in Hale's favor. When there's only one person left, the last person gets crits in order to make it not be an instant win for Hale. However, Hales will chase active players first as to not give them crits, so these mechanics meant to balance the game do not come into play and the Hale (who will usually always win a game with less than 5 people on RED anyways) is practically guaranteed to win.

I think if AFK players were to be moved to spectate as opposed to kicked when the player count was low would be fine, since players in spectate do not affect Hale's HP or crits, and the AFK players would be able to drop back in at any time in the scenario where they just had to go walk their dog or something. I don't know how how player counts work in the server browser, but they could also make servers appear busier than they are (if you're about that life)

Ben.

Unremarkable
Yep this seems like an issue...Not to mention its pretty much a complete stop in a vsh gamemode. (a gamemode based on fast paced attack/defense) it really messes up the flow of things whenever somone decides to stay in the server and go afk (not to mention they usually wont reset they're queue points for some reason...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom