Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admins on Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

Hello fellow community members, in the past couple of weeks I've been ignoring this issue but I've finally decided to make a thread about this. Now first of all, why did I say 'fellow community members' and not just 'people' or something along the lines of "Hi everyone"? Well you see whenever I go on discord there are two kinds of people; the admins: the ones who can force themselves in any channel they desire and the normies: people without admin powers who cannot join any channel if they so desire (normies can request admins to force them into a channel however)

The problem I have is that these two don't or rarely talk together and this is mainly the admins' fault. You see almost every time I go on discord (and when there are actually some people on it) a bunch of admins have forced themselves in the 'Sexy Time' room (which is actually a 2 player only room) or they're all in the 'Admins' room. This is favorable for the admins as they can go chat with other admins and normies whenever and wherever they like, normies however are treated unfairly as they cannot join a group of admins talking in an Admin-Only room or in the 'Sexy Time' room when 2 or more people are present.

I can completely understand when admins need to discuss things privately (that's why the 'Admins' room exists) but in the past couple of weeks I've come to the conclusion that most of the time admins just go into these Admin-Only rooms just to talk to other admins.

This is not only less fun for the normies but also very inconvenient for future or potential admins as they don't get to know the current admins better and thus get a lower chance of receiving +support in their future admin applications. How many admin applications receive a -support or a neutral just because the admins don't know the applicant well enough or how many applicants receive the feedback of "get to know the admins better"? Well I can guarantee you that a large group of people do in fact get this as feedback. And finally as said in my introduction the current state of discord divides our beloved community into admins and normies as this is just unfair towards normies.

With that all said, my suggestion is that:
  1. Admins shall not force themselves nor normies into the 'Sexy Time' room anymore unless on special events
  2. Admins shall not go into the 'Admins' room anymore when unnecessary
  3. Admins may not force normies anymore into Admin-Only rooms (currently that would only be the 'Admins' room) unless on special events or certain admin situations
(EDIT1: Polishing everything up)

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Can someone please close this thread? I don't like it nor the replies I've received upon it and I feel very stressed out because of it. I just want it to get closed and people to forget about this ever happening.

I would also like to apologize for all the admins I may have alienated by making this thread. This thread was a mistake and I want it to stop.
Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 11)

Top Bottom