Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Hey forums,
Just a second ago I thought of this "meh" idea.

I was wondering if it would be possible for a Blackwonder Admin to give some temporary powers to a individual.
Recently I have met a lot of Mic-Spammers on the servers. I have to leave sometimes and after their 30minute mute some of my friends still complain about them.

I am suggesting a command where the person for around an hour has the power to !vmute,!vkick,!vgag for 30 minutes each successful vote.

I believe this can help because it helps out with spammers for a bit while admins are away and it also can't be misused that much because it is a vote mute. Then again, I do not know the people you trust and it could always go wrong but never for long.

AoT-_-otaku

Scarcely Lethal

Kayla

Snooze
Not trying to be rude, HORRIBLE/great suggestion, Abuse, and fair usage are concerns, abuse is self explanitory, and fair usage is that it'd be unfair to other players

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

If someone has been muted multiple times and is still breaking rules, not using voicechat correctly then don't be afraid to mute them for a month or forever.

Check sourcebans to see how many times the person got muted/gagged.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hey forums,
Just a second ago I thought of this "meh" idea.

I was wondering if it would be possible for a Blackwonder Admin to give some temporary powers to a individual.
Recently I have met a lot of Mic-Spammers on the servers. I have to leave sometimes and after their 30minute mute some of my friends still complain about them.

I am suggesting a command where the person for around an hour has the power to !vmute,!vkick,!vgag for 30 minutes each successful vote.

I believe this can help because it helps out with spammers for a bit while admins are away and it also can't be misused that much because it is a vote mute. Then again, I do not know the people you trust and it could always go wrong but never for long.

Well.. it's a great idea, i like the creativity behind it, but honestly don't be afraid over muting someone for a day or a week or even like buster said, a month.
i have seen so many kids that i keep telling them to use english only in voice chat or generally to shut up because their mic is shit, but they just don't listen.
to the point where i give them more than 3 warnings.

I just give them a good 12 hours or 1 day mute. and when i'm triggered i may got up for around 3~6 days.

However, later on i will check the logs and see how many times i have muted that player in the past week. if it's too much i may mute him for a month if he does that one more time WITH the other warning that will be given.

(i feel like i talked about this shit and ignored the actual topic XD my bad)
Anyways this could be abuse-able in many many ways, as well as being useful it many many ways.

what i can say is:
If you will use this command, use it on someone that you think is trust worthy, because if he fucked up you will be the one to blame, he will not be punished, but you will be punished.
(that's how i see it)

and to be honest... mate, you have me in your friends list. don't be shy to ask me if you need help on anything.
the main reason i added all admins (or at least i think i did) is for all of us to take care of each other, and help each other out, just try to ask me or anyone else for help, if we can't help we will simply say so.
And since there is at least 7 admins online during the day (and 1.2/3 of the day everyone is just sleeping including the majority of the players) you should be able to find help whenever you need it.

Ice

Enemy of this Community

aaa

Those commands are already apart of the VIP menu(vgag and I think vmute). And if you friend the active players on the server such as Misre, @COCACOLA , @Notice Me Senpai , @uh huh oops lol , @Cheeto God and many others who will give you the person's Steamid and name so you can issue whatever punishment is required through sourcebans or hopping on the server. Another issue is I rarely see you on and other players on rarely see you on as well. I understand that I'm not on at the earliest hours but even then most people say you are on for 10 mins and then leave to go play SMITE. So if there are mic spammers or rule breakers, players have 4 options. Apply for admin, become a VIP, report the player to us, or report on the forums.

Last edited:

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Well.. it's a great idea, i like the creativity behind it, but honestly don't be afraid over muting someone for a day or a week or even like buster said, a month.
i have seen so many kids that i keep telling them to use english only in voice chat or generally to shut up because their mic is shit, but they just don't listen.
to the point where i give them more than 3 warnings.

I just give them a good 12 hours or 1 day mute. and when i'm triggered i may got up for around 3~6 days.

However, later on i will check the logs and see how many times i have muted that player in the past week. if it's too much i may mute him for a month if he does that one more time WITH the other warning that will be given.

(i feel like i talked about this shit and ignored the actual topic XD my bad)
Anyways this could be abuse-able in many many ways, as well as being useful it many many ways.

what i can say is:
If you will use this command, use it on someone that you think is trust worthy, because if he fucked up you will be the one to blame, he will not be punished, but you will be punished.
(that's how i see it)

and to be honest... mate, you have me in your friends list. don't be shy to ask me if you need help on anything.
the main reason i added all admins (or at least i think i did) is for all of us to take care of each other, and help each other out, just try to ask me or anyone else for help, if we can't help we will simply say so.
And since there is at least 7 admins online during the day (and 1.2/3 of the day everyone is just sleeping including the majority of the players) you should be able to find help whenever you need it.
If someone has been muted multiple times and is still breaking rules, not using voicechat correctly then don't be afraid to mute them for a month or forever.

Check sourcebans to see how many times the person got muted/gagged.
Yes I do. But this if for the people's sake.... like when admins aren't on like I said. Recently there has been lots of spammers and well that can be sortof annoying especially if you have to donate to get these perms

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
20160716232428_1_1.jpg

There's even a command advertised to trigger client mute for those too thick to use the menu on the front of the HUD.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Votemute is actually a public command. I just never added the plugin (Added now). Additionally, as @Noodl stated, are you able to client mute anyone with the command /sm <playername>

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
There's even a command advertised to trigger client mute for those too thick to use the menu on the front of the HUD.
it's not that it's hard to find, but it's just about that when you mute that "kids or spammer" you never know if he is going to start breaking the rules by "for example" Ghosting, which is pretty common.

so to avoid ghosting and teaming, melon made this suggestion. (that's how i see it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom