Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from xXN00bSlayrXx | BLW.TF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_

Gore-Spattered

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
When i was new to JB i saw a lot of people say this before me, they all said warden can be near prisoners and they didn't get proven wrong. I thought this was a rule. Thanks for letting me know that it was wrong.

This is kind of a very basic rule. I certainly have many hours on our JB server, and while there is the occasional person I need to correct, almost as many will actually ask of warden can bait. Just as often as they ask if they can do FRLR.

It is quite troubling that you have never read through the rules, even after applying for admin...let alone before. That makes me very uncomfortable and unsure of your motives.

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
It is quite troubling that you have never read through the rules

I did read the rules, about 6 times already. When im unsure i always pull them up to check if its allowed. But i've seen so many people being near reds and not getting hit, that i think im sure i know this rule.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
A minute and a half ago from posting this, while I was on you told me if there is one red left in a minigame they must finish but warden must make it as easy as possible. I told you no and you said "sorry that's what I heard people say." You need a better understanding of the rules and not listen to randoms before you should be applying for admin. -Support

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin

You appear to be having difficulty grasping the concept of how to file a report. Additionally, JB is the most rule-filled game mode we have, and it does not appear that you are confident enough to be relied upon to enforce rules.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hmm... i gotta say this is pretty good, but there are something that are just a bit... vague or things that you misunderstand or don't know how to deal with or how somethings work.
For example:

If you ever do catch anyone donor abusing you must gather some evidence because only benedevil and noodl are the ones that have the power to take away such powers, make a thread about it on the forums or directly inform the admin team about the donor abuser and show solid evidence such as a demo.
Before that, remember to actually add the donor abuser and ask him why did he abuse, he might not realize that he is abusing, as i have encountered some donors like that.
Moreover this will help you gather more evidence which is always good.

It really depends on how or why did someone expose an admin, did he do it by mistake? was he unaware of his own stupidity? or did he intentionally do that to make the admin's job even harder? How many times did this happen before from the same person?

If the reason is convincing enough then you should ban him for a reasonable amount of time compared to the previous things i just talked about.

What i can understand from this is that if someone straight out said "Fuck you" or "Noob" you'd MOC ban him right away without any sort of warnings...
If anything, MOC banning players that disrespect other players would need several variables, such as:

• What did he say to insult the other player?
  • How long did he keep saying it over and over again? (spam)
  • Did he stop or kept going after warning him?
  • And probably other variables that i don't remember atm...
These are basically variables that you'll play with and judge, and then afterwards deciding how long does he need to be MOC banned.

PS: Not to mention, After MOC banning or banning any player, you always have to look at their history of bans/MOC bans, and then extend the current ban IF needed.

---------------------------
And now, you have come to my playground...

This is a mess...
Here's a hint on what you're wrong about:

• Sometimes, Camping is allowed. (For both teams)
  • Sometimes, Being friendly AS the hale is allowed.
  • Delaying pretty much just depends on how or what does delaying mean to you, and what are the conditions that determine if it's delaying or not.

Please add more detail to this part, and i'll see how much you know about it, and how valid your actions are.
In fact, i might want to have a discord chat with you because i have some several questions about how you might handle this gamemode in certain situations.

-------------------------

Thanks for your time and effort for making this admin app, you have got a good start so far.
Until you reply to this post, good luck with your app :)

@xXN00bSlayrXx | BLW.TF Would you mind responding to any of this?

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
It really depends on how or why did someone expose an admin, did he do it by mistake? was he unaware of his own stupidity? or did he intentionally do that to make the admin's job even harder? How many times did this happen before from the same person?

If the reason is convincing enough then you should ban him for a reasonable amount of time compared to the previous things i just talked about.

That's exactly what i would do, i just didn't put it in because it would make the Punishment section even larger and more unbalanced with the other sections.

What i can understand from this is that if someone straight out said "Fuck you" or "Noob" you'd MOC ban him right away without any sort of warnings...
If anything, MOC banning players that disrespect other players would need several variables, such as:

• What did he say to insult the other player?
  • How long did he keep saying it over and over again? (spam)
  • Did he stop or kept going after warning him?
  • And probably other variables that i don't remember atm...
These are basically variables that you'll play with and judge, and then afterwards deciding how long does he need to be MOC banned.

PS: Not to mention, After MOC banning or banning any player, you always have to look at their history of bans/MOC bans, and then extend the current ban IF needed.

Same as early, i would put all of that in, but i didn't want to make the application look like i only cared about the punishments. (Even though it still is quite unbalanced)

This is a mess...
Here's a hint on what you're wrong about:

• Sometimes, Camping is allowed. (For both teams)
  • Sometimes, Being friendly AS the hale is allowed.
  • Delaying pretty much just depends on how or what does delaying mean to you, and what are the conditions that determine if it's delaying or not.

Please add more detail to this part, and i'll see how much you know about it, and how valid your actions are.
In fact, i might want to have a discord chat with you because i have some several questions about how you might handle this gamemode in certain situations.

I'm not an expert at VSH, i just read the rules of the core gamemode and listed these punishments. Feel free to talk to me on Discord, i'm widely avalible, i only had some trouble with moving my PC from Campzone to Home.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
That's exactly what i would do, i just didn't put it in because it would make the Punishment section even larger and more unbalanced with the other sections.

Not a very convening reason... adding this part could increase your chances of becoming an admin, even if it meant that your app would be larger, you could have explained this part in a simple way if you wanted, and it wouldn't have added much space.

Same as early, i would put all of that in, but i didn't want to make the application look like i only cared about the punishments. (Even though it still is quite unbalanced)

I assume by now your app should be already balanced?
What parts exactly from your point of view do you see as "unbalanced"?

I'm not an expert at VSH, i just read the rules of the core gamemode and listed these punishments. Feel free to talk to me on Discord, i'm widely avalible, i only had some trouble with moving my PC from Campzone to Home.

Oh well, i just assumed that because you put VSH rules, that meant that you want to apply to become a VSH admin as well as a JB admin...
Anyways, since you don't want to be a VSH admin, we don't need a voice chat for now.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello,

First left me say that the age matter brought up during your application is not being considered with the determination of your application status.

I had brought up these few things that (to me) represented a lack of understanding of the rules on Blackwonder servers, and the expectations on Blackwonder.tf in relation to filing reports, and formatting. This represent a lack of details.

When i was new to JB i saw a lot of people say this before me, they all said warden can be near prisoners and they didn't get proven wrong. I thought this was a rule. Thanks for letting me know that it was wrong.

When applying to help administrate servers, you should already have a thorough understanding of the modes you claim to want to help.

Please edit your appeal and fix your grammar, it gives a bad impression.

I can see how you may think this was being helpful. However, this can easily be seen as "speaking out of turn", and the responses left support this sentiment.

I do believe that a bit more time is needed however for the user to become more aware of the current rule set, and to become used to the updated rule set when it's finally finished being revised and implemented.

I believe that Cammy is correct, and I am going to elaborate a bit on his comment. I think you became a little overly excited and applied prior to being ready. Due to this and the above reasons, we must decline your application at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom