Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from xXN00bSlayrXx | BLW.TF

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
Personal Information

Name
Tom Bovens

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:107160915

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
I usually play on x10/20/50 servers and the NY/EU/LA Jailbreak servers, sometimes i also play on VSH.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
On some days (especially midweek) there is a severe lack of admins, especially on Jailbreak servers. I would like to volunteer to fill in the gap by becoming an admin.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Benedevil
Rainbowrobb

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
UTC +2:00 Amsterdam. Available between 4PM - 8PM Midweek, 10AM - 6PM Weekends

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
MOC = Method of Communication
Color-Coded based on severity (Im not using yellow, it's almost unreadable on a white background)

General Rules

Hacker - After gathering evidence (Perma Ban)
Hack Advertisement - Perma MOC Ban
Donor Abusing - Warning -> Last Warning -> Removal of Donor powers without refund
Abusing !calladmin - Warning -> Permanent Removal of ability to !calladmin
Foreign Languages in Voicechat - Warning -> 15 Minute Mute
Calling out Undercover admin - 360 minute Ban
Insulting Players/Staff - 1440 Minute (1 Day) MOC Ban
Spam (Scaling on Previous offenses/Awareness of Perpetrator)
1) Musicspam - Warning -> 120 Minute Mute -> 1440 Minute Mute
2) Chatspam - Warning -> 30 Minute Gag -> 360 Minute (6 Hours) Gag
3) Micspam - Warning -> 60 Minute Mute -> 2880 Minute (2 Days) Mute
18+ Spray - Sprayban
AFK - Slap -> Slay -> Kick

Jailbreak Rules
Freekill - Slay and Respawn for the victim (If i witness it/multiple people claim the same)
Freeday abuse - Slay
Abusing environment to kill RED's/Freedays/Guards - Slay and respawn for the victim(s)
LR Denial - 60 Minute Teamban
Not letting RED's go to medic after freehit - Warning and slay
Disguised - Warning -> Slay
Ammo glitch (Scaling on Intentional/Accidental) - Warning to not use ammo -> Slay
Breaking breakables - Warning -> Slay
MFK'er - Depending if it was an accident or not, 4320 (3 Days) Minute Teamban to Perma Teamban.
Talking over admin during miccheck -> 90 Minute Mute and Teamban
Talking over warden - Warning -> 30 Minute mute
Armory camp - Warning -> Slay
Delaying - Beacon -> Permission to ghost -> Slay
Ghosting - 60 Minute MOC Ban without warning
False accusation - Prove wrong -> Warning -> 15 Minute MOC Ban
Illegal days - Inform -> Warn - Slay
Sticky Traps - Warn -> Slay
Lethal taunt as freeday -> Slay
Bad Mic - Mute until they can prove the mic is fixed
Using Bonk!/Uber to Bait - Slay
Teamkill - Slay and respawn for Victims
Illegal FF - Disable FF, slay warden and sm_forcewarden
Activating buttons without permission - Slay
Favouritism - Warning -> Slay
Not giving repeat/Killing during repeat - Same for Freekill
Tricky orders - Warning - Slay and sm_forcewarden
Illegal !UW - 2 Hour Teamban
Wardenhogging - Slay and sm_forcewarden
Leaving the warden - Slay
Banned minigames/days - Inform -> Warn -> Slay and sm_forcewarden
Misc. Rules - Warn -> Slay

VSH Rules
Camping - Beacon Allow -> ghosting -> Slay
Friendly - Warning -> Slay
Delaying - Beacon -> Freeze -> Slay

Discord rules
Posting in the wrong section -> Informing about mistake -> Warning -> Ignoring -> Discord Ban
Spam - Mute without warning

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I'm a 13 year old kid from Amsterdam, i'm good at English but i stutter occasionally. I have been reported for Donor Abuse once but that was on my first day as donor. I will probably not always be avalible on the Times specified above, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.

EDIT1 -> Color coded the punishments and smoothened them out, also added some more text in other sections.

Last edited:

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
First off, the effort put into the punishment section of the app itself is definitely top-tier for your age group. However it may be beneficial to put some more content into the other sections as well, just in proportion.

Although the punishments are comprehensive, they seem to have a very high variance, ranging from the top of the scale by permanently muting someone with a poor mic and all the way down to just forceUW on illegal FF. It might have been better to pick a middle ground of punishments to match the offenses, as it's going to be hard for you to keep track of your own list, especially when taking previous bans/commblocks into the consideration. On Jailbreak, repeat offenders are aplenty.

From what I've gathered, you've got time, dedication, and wish everyone the very best, three - I can't stress enough - great qualities for potential (and running) admins or other positions of power.

Though to put it bluntly, although you've got all the prerequisites, you've immediately proven yourself untrustworthy with the voting powers you currently possess. As such, I really don't think it's a good idea to grant you more responsibilities before you've mastered the ones you already have over a longer period of time, and also flattened out the punishment irregularities.

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
Thanks for Replying! With the poor mic, i meant that i would mute them until they can prove that their mic is fixed. But i agree on the other topics, i should be a little harder with some punishments. And i only had donor for 3 weeks. But thanks anyway!

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
Pretty good application, like everything about it expect your name, haven't met anyone who had "xX" and/or "Noob" in his name and wasn't awful.
You're very young, we've never accepted people this young before. I'd appreciate if more jailbreak admins would reply.
You also don't really know too many people. You should work on becoming familiar while the application is pending.

Until we know a bit more about you I'm neutral.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
@Viking34 @Buster
Your Age

My name is Tom Bovens, i'm 20 YEARS OLD and i love playing on Blackwonders X10 server. I hate hackers and i'll probably use this account to report hackers on blackwonder servers.
IMG_3401.PNG
@xXN00bSlayrXx | BLW.TF
You might wanna explain this...

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Well... Here is a short list of things.
  • The player is young but acts mature enough.
  • Has received 6 warning points by Malz for spamming, 2 months ago
  • Has said that he put an older age before for some reason, can't remember what the reason was @Pablo The Wizard
  • Has made a ton of valid reports
  • Is VERY eager to help
  • When I saw the name for the first time I was cringing, but talking to them reduced that for me.
Not going to give any support ratings, but just some things I wanted to give my input as Buster asked for it.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hmm... i gotta say this is pretty good, but there are something that are just a bit... vague or things that you misunderstand or don't know how to deal with or how somethings work.
For example:

Donor Abusing - Warning -> Last Warning -> Removal of Donor powers without refund
If you ever do catch anyone donor abusing you must gather some evidence because only benedevil and noodl are the ones that have the power to take away such powers, make a thread about it on the forums or directly inform the admin team about the donor abuser and show solid evidence such as a demo.
Before that, remember to actually add the donor abuser and ask him why did he abuse, he might not realize that he is abusing, as i have encountered some donors like that.
Moreover this will help you gather more evidence which is always good.

Calling out Undercover admin - 360 minute Ban
It really depends on how or why did someone expose an admin, did he do it by mistake? was he unaware of his own stupidity? or did he intentionally do that to make the admin's job even harder? How many times did this happen before from the same person?

If the reason is convincing enough then you should ban him for a reasonable amount of time compared to the previous things i just talked about.

Insulting Players/Staff - 1440 Minute (1 Day) MOC Ban
What i can understand from this is that if someone straight out said "Fuck you" or "Noob" you'd MOC ban him right away without any sort of warnings...
If anything, MOC banning players that disrespect other players would need several variables, such as:

• What did he say to insult the other player?
  • How long did he keep saying it over and over again? (spam)
  • Did he stop or kept going after warning him?
  • And probably other variables that i don't remember atm...
These are basically variables that you'll play with and judge, and then afterwards deciding how long does he need to be MOC banned.

PS: Not to mention, After MOC banning or banning any player, you always have to look at their history of bans/MOC bans, and then extend the current ban IF needed.

---------------------------
And now, you have come to my playground...
VSH Rules
Camping - Beacon Allow -> ghosting -> Slay
Friendly - Warning -> Slay
Delaying - Beacon -> Freeze -> Slay

This is a mess...
Here's a hint on what you're wrong about:

• Sometimes, Camping is allowed. (For both teams)
  • Sometimes, Being friendly AS the hale is allowed.
  • Delaying pretty much just depends on how or what does delaying mean to you, and what are the conditions that determine if it's delaying or not.

Please add more detail to this part, and i'll see how much you know about it, and how valid your actions are.
In fact, i might want to have a discord chat with you because i have some several questions about how you might handle this gamemode in certain situations.

-------------------------

Thanks for your time and effort for making this admin app, you have got a good start so far.
Until you reply to this post, good luck with your app :)

Last edited:

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
Thanks for Replying guys!!!

1) Some punishments indeed are quite soft, and i forgot to include warnings on some.

2) Other sections have little info because i could not think of anything which could be helpful for my application.

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
Pretty good application, like everything about it expect your name, haven't met anyone who had "xX" and/or "Noob" in his name and wasn't awful.
You're very young, we've never accepted people this young before. I'd appreciate if more jailbreak admins would reply.
You also don't really know too many people. You should work on becoming familiar while the application is pending.

Until we know a bit more about you I'm neutral.

The list of admins i know isn't who i know that is in the staff, its the one that i had contact with (Formal or Informal). I spoke with Benedevil on Discord and Rainbowrobb helped me with the report against me for donor abuse. Sure i had contact with other admins on Discord (Like Tomato Kat and Alex) But that was a bit short.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
My parents are really strict when it comes to my online publicity. They forced me to take on an older age. Im not really sure about the reason though. I recently talked to them about it and they eventually agreed that i should be honest with my age. I just didn't have time to ask a staff member to change my age.
It's a weird reason but I'm changing my opinion back to Neutral

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
That's in the sense of "warden can be in a prisoners melee range" if he needs to go somewhere (Like the control room of a minigame from which the door is close to the Red entrance) Not in baiting as stickytraps/Revving without reason/Scoping in/Airblasting etc.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

That's in the sense of "warden can be in a prisoners melee range" if he needs to go somewhere (Like the control room of a minigame from which the door is close to the Red entrance) Not in baiting as stickytraps/Revving without reason/Scoping in/Airblasting etc.

I think that will still be considered baiting, even if there isn't any other option

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

In that particular instance, you move the REDs away from the area you need to get to.

Getting into the REDs melee range for any reason can be considered baiting. The warden is not excused from this rule regardless of the reason.

There are a lot of minigames with doors close to a RED doorway. You typically stay in front of the REDs to guide them to the minigame, then your guards make sure they don't run off/rebel by attacking while you go and open the door (from inside the control room).

There should never be an instance that requires you to get in the melee range of a RED.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
  • No baiting.
    You cannot provoke prisoners to attack you or rebel by getting in melee range on purpose. If you do bait them, you can't defend yourself when you are attacked. Prisoners cannot chase you down if you step away on time but you can't kill them for attacking you when they were baiting.

Examples: Using projectiles, Jarate/Mad Milk, Stickybombs, revving the Minigun, airblasting, scoping on them, joining them in a minigame, melee range, charging the classic/bow.

Using bonk or uber to bait the reds so they can't kill is bannable.

This is in "Blue Team" if warden couldn't bait it would only be under guards
    IMG_3410.PNG

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
When i was new to JB i saw a lot of people say this before me, they all said warden can be near prisoners and they didn't get proven wrong. I thought this was a rule. Thanks for letting me know that it was wrong.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

@Pablo The Wizard First post (today) He's already explained why his age was/is set to 20 on the forums. I'm also fairly sure a lot of people here weren't aware they could change their age. Parents monitoring their children and making sure their information (age, name etc.) is kept private is a common thing.

Second post: I've already informed them in this thread about the fact the warden can bait, and given workarounds for the given scenario he provided.

I do believe that a bit more time is needed however for the user to become more aware of the current rule set, and to become used to the updated rule set when it's finally finished being revised and implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom