Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Viking34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Member Name Viking34

Name Andrew

Contact Information

Your Age 19

Location Norway

Your SteamID STEAM_0:0:46049194

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? Global realm moderator for http://store.steampowered.com/app/319050/.

Although most of my time goes into just validating and giving feedback to user-generated content, it's definitely comparable to TF2 gameservers in the community aspect.

Why do you want to become an admin? Many servers are often populated by people exploiting, spamming, insulting and otherwise ruining the experience of other players. I want to get rid of all the bigotry as well as encourage people to enforce the rules even when no admins are present.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? No

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Just in passing - have spoken and played with a few, but not enough to consider 'knowing' them

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. I will usually be available from 17-18:00 outwards on both weekdays and weekends, though on weekends I may leave abruptly as I have to stay on standby in case I get a call from work. (times are GMT+1)

On what servers do you usually play? Jailbreak, stop that tank, the occasional deathrun, many variants of the orange servers: crits, x10, randomizer.

I'll even endure the ping of the USA servers if it's really late and nobody is playing on EU.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. I'm borderline obsessed with righteousness and fairness - making sure everyone gets equal treatment and follow the same rules is incredibly important to me. I studied law briefly, hopefully giving me better insight in how to match the punishment to the crime, so to speak.

I lurk around several different voicechannels and am always up for a chat or friendly debate if contacted.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? Hacks - a permanent ban. I'll make sure to upload the demo to the sourceban page. If the hacks are more subtle such as auto-airblast on dodgeball, I'll go through the footage with someone more experienced in that field first.

Spam/grievous insulting - make sure they get a warning first, then a gag/mute for chatspam and voicespam respectively. 10-30 minutes at base, and after my sessions I'll check if they have previous infringements, increasing their punishment exponentially for each previous ban.

Delaying - I don't tolerate mass delaying whatsoever. I'll first let them know they should stop, followed by a slay if they don't respond within a few seconds. Repeat offenders are banned for a small amount of time.

I could write half a page of jailbreak punishments, but the short version is that those who purposely break (JB server) rules receive bans, while those who just make mistakes or incorrect interpretations of the rules are simply slain followed by a small bind explaining why.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
From what i've seen he's a mature and helpful person.

The App is just right and i don't see a reason to give him -1.

+1

Good luck!

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
The app is simply nice.
i believe that viking has been on this community for over 2 months now or even more, he is active as well, and he puts his opinion at the right time in the right place, as well as helping other players and finding solutions to some problems.
Also, making valid reports.
pretty much he has a great understanding of how (at least) our community works.

My point of view on viking...
he has all the needed conditions to become an admin... he is active on the forums and in-game, as well as occasionally active on discord (which most of the admins and members usually go there), he is a nice, mature, and fun person to talk to as well.

all in all he is worthy of becoming an admin.

+1 from here, good luck viking :D

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
You're one of the few active non-admins of the forum.We have many people registered, but most of them don't post anything.

Back to the app, from what I can say is that I see no reason to not accept you.

You are active on the forum, you have the certain ammount of maturity needed, but most importantly: You are willing to play jailbreak.
INSTA +1

But seriously though, since it has been some time that I played TF2, I can not say anything about you ingame, but based on how you behave on the forum, you would be a nice addition to our team

Best of luck, Malz

Spartan

Train

Zucca

i believe that viking has been on this community for over 2 months now or even more, he is active as well, and he puts his opinion at the right time in the right place, as well as helping other players and finding solutions to some problems.
Also, making valid reports.
You're one of the few active non-admins of the forum.We have many people registered, but most of them don't post anything.

But seriously though, since it has been some time that I played TF2, I can not say anything about you ingame, but based on how you behave on the forum, you would be a nice addition to our team
The guys up there have already said what i wanted to say +1 c: :train::cart::cart::cart:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Hey Viking first of all I think you know me well enough to know me but because you weren't sure you didn't add me there which I think is a good thing because you don't just add everyone's name there if you don't feel like you know him/her overall looks good and a +1 from me good luck on your app!

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
Well I've had like one or two replies on the forums with you and nothing went wrong so that's good. Also you're very active on the forums. Even though I have never played with you, you seem to know what you're doing, considering you took law classes or something. Finally, we need people on JB like 24/7 cause even though I'm not a TF2 admin, I still hear about and well I can't do anything cause I don't play it.
In all, you have my +support!
Good luck with the app!

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Oh I can do this too now.
> Talked to him on Discord and played with him on Jailbreak and was always friendly.
> Makes good reports with full information and is helpfull on reports

+ support :) <3

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

This application is solid. I feel like you're a trustworthy person. From what I saw you can handle sticky situations. Good luck! -smile-

Spunkie

Scarcely Lethal

bam

I barely know you, but you're pretty well-prepared and fit to be an admin. I have no power at my will, but I would most definitely support you.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
I barely know you, but you're pretty well-prepared and fit to be an admin. I have no power at my will, but I would most definitely support you.

You DO know that only admins should comment on the app, unless you have something really important to mention?

Not to say that your opinion is not relevant, but please respect that the admin application section is meant for admins to rate only.

That being said, I will not remove your comment, because
  1. I am too lazy
  2. You actually said something relevant and thus gave us another opinion
  3. I like your signature

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
You DO know that only admins should comment on the app, unless you have something really important to mention?

Not to say that your opinion is not relevant, but please respect that the admin application section is meant for admins to rate only.

Arg, sorry. My fault, they asked and I said they should be able to comment but not say much else but comment. Blame me.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Don't know you too well... however your app looks great and, well I don't know how to put this. It sortof goes like this, don't you know that feeling you get, how people talk, how they look... You either trust them or you don't know why but just don't like them? Anyways, I give you my support, don't know why, I just have a good feeling

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer

That being said, I will not remove your comment, because
  1. I am too lazy
  2. You actually said something relevant and thus gave us another opinion
  3. I like your signature

I'm really really sorry for sounding rude right now, but I'm in a pretty pissy mood for no reason.

For the 5th time. I have NEVER stated that only admins are allowed to comment on admin application and if I did, please quote me on it and I will give you my sincere apologies.
It's is perfectly fine for a normal user to just state their opinion and frankly I'm getting a bit tired of admins coming up with rules that are not written anywhere. Why would it be unacceptable for a normal user to comment on an app? What are the disadvantages?
Should someone as @Loldielol not be able to post an opinion simply because he is no longer an admin. I'm pretty sure, a lot of people still value his opinion.

Also votes are not counted. For the 100th time. I don't necessary accept people if they receive overwhelming amounts of "+support". If I did, then I'd just add a poll to every thread.
I don't just count votes because I understand how an opinion of an admin is formed usually. Usually an admin just writes what he/she can think of, of the top of his/her head, which is perfectly fine.
My research contains chat log checks, past community check-ups, Steam account research, playtime check, etc.

Once again, sorry for being rude

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
I'm really really sorry for sounding rude right now, but I'm in a pretty pissy mood for no reason.

For the 5th time. I have NEVER stated that only admins are allowed to comment on admin application and if I did, please quote me on it and I will give you my sincere apologies.
It's is perfectly fine for a normal user to just state their opinion and frankly I'm getting a bit tired of admins coming up with rules that are not written anywhere. Why would it be unacceptable for a normal user to comment on an app? What are the disadvantages?
Should someone as @Loldielol not be able to post an opinion simply because he is no longer an admin. I'm pretty sure, a lot of people still value his opinion.

Also votes are not counted. For the 100th time. I don't necessary accept people if they receive overwhelming amounts of "+support". If I did, then I'd just add a poll to every thread.
I don't just count votes because I understand how an opinion of an admin is formed usually. Usually an admin just writes what he/she can think of, of the top of his/her head, which is perfectly fine.
My research contains chat log checks, past community check-ups, Steam account research, playtime check, etc.

Once again, sorry for being rude

Sigh. Yes, you never said that ONLY admins can comment on apps. But don't blame me. I didn't think of this "rule". It was either back in OP or at Blueprint (which I doubt) that it was prefered that only admins should comment. I didn't think of this rule.Even if at OP that was not the case, I'm not the first person to say/think this.
And if you look at my comment, I meant to ill mean toward @Spunkie and if you look closely, you can even see that I joke a bit. Yeah, I shouldn't have said
is meant for admins to rate only
My intention was not to say: "Hey dude, only admins allowed", but more of "look, you can comment if you want, but please explain a bit more as to why you chose to vote for this". @Spunkie said he barely know him, but he seems well prepared.
It's just that I prefer the comments of people who either play with the specific player on a somewhat regular basis OR list up well explained reasons. I can't stand people saying "he's a good admin" without explaining. Not to say @Spunkie didn't. He just stated his first impression. But hey, that's just me, and I'm an asshole who thinks that normal players should have no right to comment whatsoever.
Lastly, I never said any words about votes being counted. But in my opinion, it is a) somewhat a tradition and b) the green/red makes it easier to immediately spot if the vote is positive or negative. Instead of "vote", I could have also written "comment". I made/makes no difference in my head. But hey, I'm just a dumb idiot who doesen't understand anything after it was said 5 times.

I made a mistake, I am sorry, I will try my best to refrain from doing it again. Thank you for clearing up. I will see myself out now.
Jesus.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
@Viking34,
Your opinions on threads were always valuable. I talked to you briefly on discord, while being the silly old me that I am and my impression was pretty good.
I hope to see you on discord more often. Welcome to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom