Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from The Unsung Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unsung Hero

Strange
Member Name The Unsung Hero

Name Tricky question. So, my name is Paweł, english Paul. In-game nickname The Unsung Hero, Currently with a prefix. "|1st Battalion| The Unsung Hero" <- That's my steam nickname.

Contact Information

Your Age 20

Location Poland

Your SteamID

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? Equinox Gaming's Versus Saxton Hale. That was before Gun Mettle happened. I guess I was the caretaker there until july 2015, when I left Team Fortress 2 for almost eight months.

Why do you want to become an admin? I want to be the one to enforce the rules, to be there for the players of VSH gamemode.. I like to help others, just a part of my nature.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? No

If Yes, please tell us the their names. NONE

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. Workdays after 3 PM, (UTC+-01:00), any time at weekends.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. Born in 1996, speaking English, Polish and a bit of German. I can cook one minute rice in 58 seconds. :)

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? Remind him the rules, make sure he understood. If he continues to break the rules, well, either mute for spammer or kid on mic, kick for a hacker. It's hard to tell... Reasonable punishment for a crime. I won't give a ban to a spammer. He doesn't deserve that.

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Need to go into more details regarding hackers.

Not sure if we have other staff members who speak polish here, but if not then I reckon that's a + on your application, though as usual I'll stand by the majority vote.

mrphil2105

Scarcely Lethal
I would like some more information in general, and a Steam ID could be nice as well. You can find your Steam ID here: https://steamid.io/Just put in your profile link and it will show your ID.
I agree with Loldielol about you need to give some more details about how you would deal with hackers.

Best regards, Crazy.

Arcalium

Majestic Tree
Like the comments above i'd like you to go into a bit more detail regarding some of the topics,
like for an example: How you'd deal with hackers. :)

but overall your application is good.

It's a YES from me.

Last edited:

The Unsung Hero

Strange
Sorry guys you had to wait that long... I went to sleep, having a job makes me fall asleep earlier. I did not expect a single response to my post, and I got three of them. Feels good. Here's everything you guys asked for:

steamID
STEAM_0:1:68708408
steamID3

[U:1:137416817]
steamID64

I was sure I filled in every box there was to fill... Well, I guess I was so nervous that I did not even notice the Steam ID request... Sorry for that.

Now the Hackers... I was thinking about it, and I am sure you guys know that there is no simple response to that question. Here's what I think.

If someone is using hacks, and I can prove it, I will do the job of the Valve Anti Cheat, and ban that player.
Some hacker rights activists may be like: He doesn't deserve that, hurr durr.
Well, I say that needs of many people are more important than needs of the one. He is well aware of the consequences of using the hacks, yet he does that. He wants to test my authority?
I can ban him, and show others there is no way to break the rules on my watch, or let him go unpunished, making every player on server think that I have no balls to take care of one player, not speaking of the whole server.
Speaking of the needs of many. I think it's better to have a bunch of dudes hanging out, just like myself and my friends, instead of a hacker. What do the players do when there is a hacker and there is no admin? THEY LEAVE. Is that good for the server? I wouldn't say it is.

I WOULD BAN THE HACKING BLOKE.

For every swearing player I've got this gem:

age-of-ultron-captain-america-language.jpg

Ramy

Cool guy

Ramy

I dont think you deserve to be a staff memeber here personally I dont think you are qualified
and your application is really messed up and not organized

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Declined. First application was very short and after criticism you decide to redo it? I appreciate the effort but you should have put more work into it from the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom